BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-12-2020, 01:00 PM   #89
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Check out my thread comparing an AA x pipe with high flow cats and resonators to VRSF test pipe. Both have IPE Valvetronic cat back.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1747951

With my set up test pipes don't sound as good. Xpipe is deeper, crisper, louder.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #90
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShift View Post
The top speed has no low rpm rasp in my experience, up top it just screams. The bimmerworld cleaned up the high rpm sound a bit (it may be louder even than the topspeed actually), but introduced rasp that sounds like something is almost rattling at low rpm.
I talked to another bimmerworld x pipe owner before I sold mine and they also said it was too raspy down low. It sounds like a metallic hissing at low rpm under load. I had a resonated BW paired with a corsa and thought it'd have a nice clean tone down low but the rasp killed it for me. Snagged a deal on an akra x pipe so i'll be running that next, hopefully its not super raspy.
      08-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #91
gkgsvensson
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
I talked to another bimmerworld x pipe owner before I sold mine and they also said it was too raspy down low. It sounds like a metallic hissing at low rpm under load. I had a resonated BW paired with a corsa and thought it'd have a nice clean tone down low but the rasp killed it for me. Snagged a deal on an akra x pipe so i'll be running that next, hopefully its not super raspy.
Lol somewhat wish I read this earlier, I just pulled the trigger on a BW resonated xpipe which I will pair to corsa....HOWEVER, I’m going to weld in GESi sport cats in the secondary position and Vibrant 1792 resonators in the primary. I’m hoping that will eliminate any rasp
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 12:47 AM   #92
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Anything with the x merge relocated will add rasp to this car.
Hence why if you are trying to stay away from a raspy setup, it's best to stick to the x merge further back in its original position.
      08-23-2020, 03:51 PM   #93
gkgsvensson
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Anything with the x merge relocated will add rasp to this car.
Hence why if you are trying to stay away from a raspy setup, it's best to stick to the x merge further back in its original position.
What if you have a quad resonated setup with HFC? Would that get rid of it on the further forward x pipes?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 08:18 PM   #94
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgsvensson View Post
What if you have a quad resonated setup with HFC? Would that get rid of it on the further forward x pipes?
I wouldn't run 4 quad resonators on a forwarded xpipe, as basically you'd end up with a long straight pass with 4 resonators in a row.
It doesn't make sense. HFC always will get rid of the rasp that comes from the car in general, which is a good idea but not good if the car is extremely low as the HFC's always tend to get smacked.
      09-29-2021, 10:42 AM   #95
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShift View Post
Wanted to chime in here. Just replaced my Topspeed x pipe with the bimmerworld one and I'm thinking of going back to the topspeed. The amount of metallic rasp and rattle that the bimmerworld added is bordering on embarrassing. It is so bad in fact that I put the car back on the lift to check for exhaust leaks, I loosened the slip joints and hammered them in with a rubber mallet then retightened them to hell. It got a bit better, but still, lots of metallic rasp around 3000rpm. The Topspeed had no rasp whatsoever. FYI I have a Dinan exhaust.

I think Bimmerworld may flow better, but I feel I may have lost a bit of low-end torque... as of right now I'm not particularly happy with my purchase. Not going to butcher the pipe so it may have to go up for sale sooner than later.
Sorry for bumping an old thread... but I too am experiencing the same rasp that sounds horrible... right around 2500. I have a dinan axleback and Bimmerworld Resonated X-pipe. I was happy the way it fit... almost like stock... but did not expect the sound to be this crappy.

I was thinking of getting rid of the Dinan catback... but it's obvious that this is X-pipe issue.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 10:25 PM   #96
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

the solution to the BMW xpipe has been around for a while.

just add better resonators than the magnaflow resonators.

the way the X merge is done is why its so raspy, vs a parallel kiss style xpipe that ess tuning uses, or gintani.

so just use a much better bottle style resonator that vibrant sells to lessen the rasp.
Appreciate 0