BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

02-27-2021, 07:07 PM   #1
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
BMW E9X M3 Throttle Valve Actuators (TVA) Cores

Putting a call out for BMW E9X M3 Throttle Valve Actuator (TVA) used cores.
The BMW E60/E61 M5 and E63/E64 M6 TVAs are the same exact unit, but the arm is a slightly different length.

Our friends at Rebuild-UK provide a BMW E-Series ///M3/M5/M6 TVA rebuild service. They even provide a mobile BMW ///M TVA install service, which is insane. They are low on TVA cores for their unit rebuilds. The US distributor of these Rebuild-UK TVAs is M-Power Motorsports in Michigan. Just recently Imran announced that Evolve Automotive-UK will be making these same ///M3/M5/M6 TVAs from Rebuild-UK available.

In the current COVID-19 small business environment in the US/Canada and UK, parts shortages like this are understandable. But they have an extreme impact on the ability of these small businesses to survive thru 2021 and beyond.

So if you have BMW M3/M5/M6 used TVA cores laying around at home or you local BMW Indy Shop, you should contact any one of these companies to offer them up. If you are in the US/Canada, then contact M-Power Motorsports. If you are the UK/Europe contact Rebuild-UK. If you work with a big custom shop like EAS or SSR that does lots of BMW ///M car mods, they might be able to gather a stack of used ///M TVA cores to ship out. Even your local BMW dealership service department might have some used TVA cores.

https://www.rebuild.org.uk/ (Jason)

https://mpowermotorsports.org/ (Abdul/Mark)

https://www.evolveautomotive.com/mak...63-e64-m6.html (Imran)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      02-27-2021, 10:30 PM   #2
MPACT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90M3/E46M3/E36M3/MYP

I have 4 used ones, 2 with 20k, 2 with 70k that I am willing to sell. Sent Mpower a message but if anyone wants to buy send me a PM.
'21 Ford Expedition Max Stealth - Tow Vehicle
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      02-27-2021, 10:40 PM   #3
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPACT View Post
I have 4 used ones, 2 with 20k, 2 with 70k that I am willing to sell. Sent Mpower a message but if anyone wants to buy send me a PM.
Looking for used brokenBMW ///M TVA cores that are inexpensive. Working TVA cores aren't a profitable exchange for these small businesses.

Thanks for the quick followup.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      02-28-2021, 01:25 PM   #4
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

One of the shops around here said they had a box full of old TAs, not interested to ship to anybody else though as they wanted to make money from new OEMs. Ended up placing deposit with Rebuild UK and swap them myself, never went back to the shop. Some of these shop guys simply don't get their head around how to maintain business.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      02-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
One of the shops around here said they had a box full of old TAs, not interested to ship to anybody else though as they wanted to make money from new OEMs. Ended up placing deposit with Rebuild UK and swap them myself, never went back to the shop. Some of these shop guys simply don't get their head around how to maintain business.
The shop can make a deal with Rebuild UK to trade the used TVA cores in exchange for the rebuilt units to offer them to their customers. The Rebuild-UK TVAs are cheaper than BMW OEM and will last forever.

Love Sweden!!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #6
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_dude View Post
The shop can make a deal with Rebuild UK to trade the used TVA cores in exchange for the rebuilt units to offer them to their customers. The Rebuild-UK TVAs are cheaper than BMW OEM and will last forever.

Love Sweden!!

Cheers
Thats what suggested but I assume they'd lose out on a fat margin on the OEMs hence denied, work only wasn't good enough. Ah well.

Cheers mate, me too...😉
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 07:53 PM   #7
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just in case M-Power ships BMW M5/M6 TVAs instead of the M3 TVAs, they are identical units. Except you need to swap the arms/tab, which is set at a different angle. M-Power can include the tabs or you can swap them from your old M3 TVAs in a pinch.

M-Power's thread on this issue with side by side photos. Jason @ Rebuild UK made a simple vide to show the swap.
36 seconds times 2 = 72 seconds.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1507288

Cheers
Appreciate 2
Abdul1040.50
BOOF-M34451.50