BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

12-25-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
M3Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

What INPA Menu to Read Current Battery Registration

So I've managed to register my battery with BMWLogger software and also coded the battery to the current Amp-Hour rating using NCSExpert but I just want to verify that the battery has in fact been correctly registered.

I'm using BimmerGeeks INPA software and although there are several YT videos of E9X specific models using NCSExpert to read the current battery registration but nothing specific to the E92 M3 so the same menu shown in the videos don't lead to the battery registration screen in INPA.

Does anyone know the specific sequence of menus in INPA that have to be followed to display the current battery registration for an E92 M3?

Thanks in advance.
      06-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #2
Hondaman23
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 White/Bamboo

Can someone please respond? I am also in need of this information. I have looked high&low in INPA to find the registration section, but cannot find it (lots of time with my translation application!!!). Iím starting to think these E90 M3s did not have the need to register the battery, only code the type.
      06-07-2021, 04:25 PM   #3
drwankel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

Dont know how to do this in INPA, but its easy enough to do in ISTA-D. Battery registration is logged with date and time when done with ISTA. It is necessary, and it does matter, due to the IBS system.