BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #67
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90
Throw it in the trash. I'm amazed that the adult forum members here find any interest in going to a police station at the request of a piece of paper. That is ASININE! How did they know your speed? If it was 15+ they would've given you a ticket when it occurred. This is silly.
This!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #68
preppy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i3 REx - Ionic Silver

Pics of the original letter or OP has been trolling US this whole time.

Also, I wanna see the letterhead with full contact information so I can figure out how to troll this police precinct if this is indeed legit. Maybe also provide us the name of the Officer involved and his/her badge number?

Lastly, lawyer here but in CO, not WI: don't go in. If they truly just want to 'talk', they can talk to you over the phone. With no evidence, they really have nothing against you. If they do have evidence, then there'd be more than a letter. All of this sounds incredibly shady. The fact that the officer got butt hurt over you being late pretty much reflects that's the worst he/she can do to you because if they had more authority/power, they wouldn't get mad at you; they'd know they can just go take care of business by arresting you or giving you something with more teeth than a sham of a letter.

My take: someone who has a police officer friend doesn't like you and is trying to use that to their advantage and scare you.
      02-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #69
preppy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i3 REx - Ionic Silver

Bump for updates.
      02-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #70
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppy View Post
Bump for updates.
It could be some time before there is any follow-up.

I suspect that as some have suggested there was a citizen complaint of excessive speed. The Sheriff does not want to spend a lot of time on the file but wants to be able to say that he has spoken to the owner of the vehicle, and then close the file. The reaction when the OP called to say that he would be late was probably just frustration on the part of the officer who might have changed personal plans to accommodate.

At this point it is probably best to let the matter remain dormant.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 12:33 AM   #71
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

OP is in jail
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #72
burtonsbs5114
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2c. LBB, 6mt

Garage List

OP whats the scoop??
      02-03-2015, 09:23 AM   #73
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sounds like they are attempting to get you to implicate yourself
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #74
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
Under the law (yes I'm a lawyer) you have no obligation to appear at any police station and answer any cops questions about anything. You do not have to talk to any cop who shows up at your house or place of work and answer any questions about anything. Unless cop is there to arrest you for a felony, you do not have to go anywhere with any cop no matter how much he wants to talk to you. Whether you are a victim, suspect or just a witness, you do not have to speak to a cop.

I do not recommend that you talk to the police on your own. You don't know what type of situation you are walking into and you do not want to be subject to interrogation and possible prosecution. Your best bet, if you choose to respond at all, is to have a lawyer friend find out from the police what they are investigating and may communicate to the police for you.
This is good to know. Have you guys seen movie My cousin Vinny?
Its a comedy, but if thoes two guys knew about what Okusa is talking about, they would be out of trouble from day one.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #75
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Finally, some common sense around here. The other posts are laughable at best. Police departments don't do this period!

Also good point about registered mail verus reg mail and the red light cameras. Pretty smart..

In Florida, a red light SCAMera violation will show up via regular mail, too. And if you throw it away, it turns into a traffic citation. If you ignore that, license suspended. Keep driving and get pulled over, go to jail. All via non-tracked USPS mail. Lovely. Don't assume because it's not registered mail that you can just ignore it.

As for going to the police station to discuss "speeding" ... I don't know the laws in Wisconsin, but I lean towards throw that F@$#ker away... It's not a violation, ticket, or anything. And if I did show up, the first words out of my mouth would be "Am I free to go?" and that's about ALL I would say until they respond in the affirmative.

To another commenter who said we are disrespecting the police and acting as though they are the mafia.... well, there is some truth to that. I would only point to the City of Sunrise (near where I live) and their drug dealing scam. I would point to the red light camera scams. And point to the fact that any question asked by the police while investigating YOU is NOT to help them prove your innocence. I have family and friends in law enforcement who are absolute rock stars, who are psychologists, who help families, children, you name it. But don't, for a second, confuse the police acting in an official manner as your friend.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK

Last edited by BNBM3; 05-04-2015 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #76
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBM3 View Post
In Florida, a red light SCAMera violation will show up via regular mail, too. And if you throw it away, it turns into a traffic citation. If you ignore that, license suspended. Keep driving and get pulled over, go to jail. All via non-tracked USPS mail. Lovely. Don't assume because it's not registered mail that you can just ignore it.
With all due respect, this is Florida we are talking about. I am not surprised by what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
This is good to know. Have you guys seen movie My cousin Vinny?
Its a comedy, but if thoes two guys knew about what Okusa is talking about, they would be out of trouble from day one.

"..I shot the clerk?"
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #77
Rbembas_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
+1.

Answer their questions, don't divulge anything, don't apologize.
yes need to know...

2011 M3 Coupe,Jerez Black,DCT,EDC,DSC
2010 X5 30i Black
Appreciate 0