BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
IzzyGray
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Help with price

Hey guys, was wondering if you could chime in on the pricing of my M3, trying to sell it in a reasonable fashion.

2011 e92 M3 w/ comp package, DCT
Mileage: 91k
Mods: ESS 625, Akra X pipe, UUC corsa exhaust, carbon trunk lid, CF aero bits all over(sides, front, canards, rear diffuser), VRS rear wing, set of summer and winter wheels, satin white wrap
Notes: Mileage is high since it's my daily and I put about 27k miles/year from freeway commuting. Well taken care of, rod bearings replaced 11k miles ago when 2nd SC was installed(I just upgraded kits) and maintenance always done on time.

I'm debating whether to part or just try to sell so pricing for both would be really helpful. I'm realistic so shoot me what you really think.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
buddalun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911 x 2, Tesla M3P & MYP

If it were me, I'd part it out (the aftermarket stuff) and then sell it stock. I believe this will allow you to recoup more of your investment. It will be more work (especially with the SC), but the effort will likely be worth it. People want stock cars for the most part.

My .02
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyGray View Post
Hey guys, was wondering if you could chime in on the pricing of my M3, trying to sell it in a reasonable fashion.

2011 e92 M3 w/ comp package, DCT
Mileage: 91k
Mods: ESS 625, Akra X pipe, UUC corsa exhaust, carbon trunk lid, CF aero bits all over(sides, front, canards, rear diffuser), VRS rear wing, set of summer and winter wheels, satin white wrap
Notes: Mileage is high since it's my daily and I put about 27k miles/year from freeway commuting. Well taken care of, rod bearings replaced 11k miles ago when 2nd SC was installed(I just upgraded kits) and maintenance always done on time.

I'm debating whether to part or just try to sell so pricing for both would be really helpful. I'm realistic so shoot me what you really think.
PM me if you want to sell the UUC corsa exahust

What would be your next car?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:28 PM   #4
IzzyGray
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-M3 View Post
PM me if you want to sell the UUC corsa exahust

What would be your next car?
I'm eyeing up the McLaren 570s but just bought a Ducati, a Merc CLA 250 for DD and in the midst of a Cessna 180 purchase. The M3 just felt like an awesome but "in-the-middle" vehicle. Not quite supercar, but too nice for DD lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddalun View Post
If it were me, I'd part it out (the aftermarket stuff) and then sell it stock. I believe this will allow you to recoup more of your investment. It will be more work (especially with the SC), but the effort will likely be worth it. People want stock cars for the most part.

My .02
People who want stock car will buy a stock car if it has never been modded. If the car has already been modded at some point, it would be less likely for someone to purchase it if this person wants really a stock car. Unless you are targeting other audience whom which wont know the car was modded at one point.

Try to sell it as a package for a price that you think is fair. I am sure there are potentials who want the car modded. If you got low offers then part it out and sell it stock

My .02
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyGray View Post
I'm eyeing up the McLaren 570s but just bought a Ducati, a Merc CLA 250 for DD and in the midst of a Cessna 180 purchase. The M3 just felt like an awesome but "in-the-middle" vehicle. Not quite supercar, but too nice for DD lol.
I agree the M3 is awesome car but definitely doesn't qualify to be a supercar..
Appreciate 0