BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

11-07-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT Sold

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Not mine. Interesting car that I'm going to pass on. I'm really in the market for a sedan but I saw this low mile coupe for a low price and I thought I'd take a look. I'm not all that fussy about the specs of the E9x cars. I think the differences aren't that big but ymmv and I know a lot of people this kind of car I saw

The good
Slick top, carbon top
6MT
No iDrive
Jerez black over red interior. Carbon weave dash.
Interior condition pretty good
50k miles
Drive great at least to me. I've only done a few test drives of these.
Cheap cheap cheap $17.7k

The bad
It's a salvage title from an accident.
The paintwork is poor. In some light it was ok. In other light the paint a bad match. It did give an extra appreciation for how good a color Jerez is in person.
The accident was at 12k miles and it now has 50k so somebody was ok with how it drove for 38k miles.

The Idk. It didn't have edc. Not sure how y'all feel about that.
The wheels are from Breyton. The model is race GTS. No idea if those are quality. A little bit of curb rash but the style is nice.

If you're into a slick top coupe without iDrive, don't care much about paint or title status, and you're looking for a bargain this may be for you. Personally I would pay a few thousand more for a higher mileage car with better paint. The good things about this car aren't that special to me and I want a sedan besides. I believe in better cosmetic condition and with a good title this car would be asking over $25k. For someone this will be a deal.

I have no relationship to this dealer just passing a long a car that may interesting to somebody.

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1fd15a6c

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
BStanley346
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thanks for the tip man, I just brought it home this morning
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #3
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStanley346 View Post
Thanks for the tip man, I just brought it home this morning
I love to hear that! That thing is a steal!! Enjoy it. I just makes more sense for me personally to get the sedan or I would have gone for it. All E9x are great but carbon top, no iDrive, Jerez over red is very cool.

I knew someone got it. The dealership texted this morning asking if I was still interested. A few hours later they said it was sold.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #4
BStanley346
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBimmer View Post
I love to hear that! That thing is a steal!! Enjoy it. I just makes more sense for me personally to get the sedan or I would have gone for it. All E9x are great but carbon top, no iDrive, Jerez over red is very cool.

I knew someone got it. The dealership texted this morning asking if I was still interested. A few hours later they said it was sold.
Agreed, I had an 08 and let it go a few years ago and have regretted it every day since. Being able to get into what is for me the perfect spec was so awesome, being able to get into that car without a note is even better! Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #5
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed, I had an 08 and let it go a few years ago and have regretted it every day since. Being able to get into what is for me the perfect spec was so awesome, being able to get into that car without a note is even better! Thanks again.
Glad I helped somebody!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #6
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

What mods to the intake/exhaust does this have. It was the best sounding e92 M3 I've driven. One of the next sounding cars I've ever hear. I saw there was something going on with the intake. The exhaust tips are stock but I have to the think something in the exhaust system was modified. Very stealth.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #7
BStanley346
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I am going to try and get it on a lift today to check the exhaust work. If I had to guess they opened up the exhaust and replaced the perforated pipes with regular and left the sound deadening out. I had done the mod on my last e92 but put the deadening back in. It was about the same loudness but less raspy than this. The intake is still running the stock filter but there is a carbon piece between the filter box and the intake manifold. They claim that there is an ESS tune on it but it didn't come with documentation or the cable so I am reaching out to them to check. It did rev to 8600 last night though so something has been done to the ECU.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2019, 07:00 AM   #8
ChiBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am going to try and get it on a lift today to check the exhaust work. If I had to guess they opened up the exhaust and replaced the perforated pipes with regular and left the sound deadening out. I had done the mod on my last e92 but put the deadening back in. It was about the same loudness but less raspy than this. The intake is still running the stock filter but there is a carbon piece between the filter box and the intake manifold. They claim that there is an ESS tune on it but it didn't come with documentation or the cable so I am reaching out to them to check. It did rev to 8600 last night though so something has been done to the ECU.
If you can figure out what they did let me know. It sounded a lot better than stock. I thought it was quiet when just cruising which is what I like.
Appreciate 0