BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-24-2023, 03:42 PM   #265
JonesMechanical
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1999 BMW M coupe

I just figured I would chime in here a keep this post alive. My name is Greg, and I'm here in Utah. I have owned several BMW's, mostly Z3 M Coupes, and I've done some neat things with those cars, including a wheel project (stock looking 3 piece wheels I built a few sets of those).

Ive been this cars care taker since January 2020. There have been a few posts here about the car, "street car first", which was my goal. I have done 3 days of local PCA HPDE evens over the last few years. Over a year ago, The engine had an issue. I think a previous mechanic I used, that I thought knew what he was doing over filled the motor. It took 6 months to find someone I trusted to it. I found a passionate veteran with extensive BMW background with a small shop in Salt Lake Area called "Dirty Euro Motorsports". A Bit random of a name, but Richard is amazing. So passionate, and he gets the street car first then racecar mentality. He has built some amazing cars. He has become Family to me.

We ordered a 4.5 Stroker motor from Dinan built for boost, with 11:1 compression, all new Exhaust from American Racing, headers and all. New Clutch, and so many other new supporting parts.

I knew I wanted the car to be more street car than it was, and I ordered some one off Recaro Sportster CS's from AMX in Poland (Wow, that was an amazing experience, they are first class). Seats sit lower than the old sparco buckets, and they recline, and slide, 100% BMW part numbers, 100% bolt in as if it was factory setup. Steering wheel, I found a OEM one with Signal green details. Good enough for now.

We added a Water/meth system, updated all the heat exchangers. Richard went through 3 different cores for the supercharger before figuring out what would work the best (about 5x's larger than the original ESS exchanger). So many small details he did. He has the ability to build things like a race car on the fly, yet, he has the detail and skills to make it like BMW would want it.
So many new parts, and updates, too much to list.

Last month I broke the motor in. Wow, so hard to keep it below 5K RPMS. Zero issues. We worked with Frank Smith on the tuning, and he was first class also. After the break in period, oil change went awesome, and we took it for a few rips. Found that the bypass valve was leaking boost past 6 psi. We went with a new TIAL unit.

The updated Supercharger pully and modified Fuel system allowed for 9 psi. water meth, and its custom 3 gallon tank We got everything done. We put a fresh set of 315/275 Falkens on it. Dyno session this morning went amazing. 635 Wheel/540 Torque. The power band is amazing. Just getting to know it all over again, its a different car. The exhaust is just stunning, zero drone, but from outside the car, it makes sounds like nothing I've owned. I have many more cars that make a lot more power, but none the way this one does, with all the sounds.

I've been to SEMA for the past 15 years, and in 2021 IND was there with the new M3 (British Racing Green) with all their bits. Amazing Car. I met the IND team there, and it was an amazing time. They were so happy to know the car was all together.

This link will update with pictures, the first pics are the oldest (actually photos from the advert through GR Auto Gallery, who were amazing to work with). The newest one are from the build and towards the end, using it as a normal M3, even though it isn't lol.

Enjoy. I'm sure there will be a professional photo shoot soon. Its a dream to have what I consider in my garage my favorite cars, and the ultimate versions of those cars. My M Coupe, my Datsun 510, and Now, this e92 M3. I love the Dinan 4.5L/ESS motor/Supercharger setup so much, with this exhaust setup, it makes me want to do a vintage car setup (e9 CSL batman Build, built on a e92 chassis)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zHaZHUjfqe4q4KCn7
Appreciate 2
jiggz2110.00