BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

06-22-2022, 03:00 AM   #1
James909
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Buying E92 M3 help.

Hi, i viewed an e92 m3 today an need some second opinions/advice on the condition of the engine bay generally.

The car is a 2011(11 reg) coupe E92 M3 and has 65k mile, 2 owner from new. Generally the car exterior and interior are in great condition and no complaints, everything here seemed fine.

The engine bay however was very dirty and had a couple of issues,

First; Power steering reservior was very oily and looks like it has overflowed at some point or has an ongoing leak. Could this have been tracked hard?

Secondly; The valve cover has oil around the gasket. This is as im aware a common issue, but seems quite excessive compared to others i have viewed.

Its a trade dealer who has had the car for around 7 months. Anyone have any advice on this or should i give it a pass?

Any views would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0