BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

11-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
424D57
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92

Garage List
2011.5 M3  [0.00]
Been at the VPC for eternity...

Ordered last week of September, cleared customs in baltimore on Nov 3, listed as at VPC Nov 5, but still listed at VPC. CA said he heard middle of last week they were almost done with installs and that there was no damage during transport.

Anyone else (owners or dealers) with experience on the east coast -> midwest delivery since the changeover to Baltimore (apparently post september production - CA said this is the first order my dealership has had go through the new way) - is this really an interminable amount of time or am i just too anxious after seeing the that the old way netted happy M3 owners with delivery days after entering the country? Any intel out there as to what gets installed at the VPC that used to get installed by dealers? Any intel as to what volume capacity changes may look like or whether several VPCs have been consolidated to the port? I suppose I haven't seen really any good info about the new port procedure; I get the impression that she won't go to South Carolina anymore just straight from port to dealer, but would be interested to see any information in that arena too.

Thanks in advance for any replies; the wait is just killing me - at present it looks like I'm going to have to drop winter tires on her the day she arrives.

-424D57
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Big Mark
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP 6MT

This may be part of the problem, something to do with DOT issues with the tires:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453960

My car is on the Independence 2 and should arrive at the Baltimore VPC on nov 28th. I hope that backlog has been resolved by then.

And I hope that Ziggy doesn't try to steal my car for the Greeks (re: The Wire, anyone??).
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 424D57 View Post
Ordered last week of September, cleared customs in baltimore on Nov 3, listed as at VPC Nov 5, but still listed at VPC. CA said he heard middle of last week they were almost done with installs and that there was no damage during transport.

Anyone else (owners or dealers) with experience on the east coast -> midwest delivery since the changeover to Baltimore (apparently post september production - CA said this is the first order my dealership has had go through the new way) - is this really an interminable amount of time or am i just too anxious after seeing the that the old way netted happy M3 owners with delivery days after entering the country? Any intel out there as to what gets installed at the VPC that used to get installed by dealers? Any intel as to what volume capacity changes may look like or whether several VPCs have been consolidated to the port? I suppose I haven't seen really any good info about the new port procedure; I get the impression that she won't go to South Carolina anymore just straight from port to dealer, but would be interested to see any information in that arena too.

Thanks in advance for any replies; the wait is just killing me - at present it looks like I'm going to have to drop winter tires on her the day she arrives.

-424D57
I would absolutely SCOUR that thing for damage.
My 1st order sat at VPC for 3 weeks. It wasnt until the 2nd week that my CA advised me that it had been damaged. When it arrived a couple weeks later...the repair work was disgusting! Piece of trim not glued down appropriately. A paint run on the front fender. Overspray in the door jam. The door didn't close properly.
None of which the dealer spotted and decided to tell me about before saying "It looks great. Come on up and see it."
From my undertstanding, VPC need only advise your CA if the damage is over 3% of the vehicle value.

Hopefully yours is just being held up for something else...but I would definitely go over it with a close eye when it does arrive.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
EuroCarsOnline
Rep
Drives: BMW Individual M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
I would absolutely SCOUR that thing for damage.
My 1st order sat at VPC for 3 weeks. It wasnt until the 2nd week that my CA advised me that it had been damaged. When it arrived a couple weeks later...the repair work was disgusting! Piece of trim not glued down appropriately. A paint run on the front fender. Overspray in the door jam. The door didn't close properly.
None of which the dealer spotted and decided to tell me about before saying "It looks great. Come on up and see it."
From my undertstanding, VPC need only advise your CA if the damage is over 3% of the vehicle value.

Hopefully yours is just being held up for something else...but I would definitely go over it with a close eye when it does arrive.
+1

If your CA isn't knowledgeable enough have them get answers from someone that knows what's up. Hopefully it's not too far up the chain and you're not left waiting. Reps at the 800# are helpful, but they are off until Monday.

It can be a little frustrating waiting for an answer. I have a question about a payoff for a 5x repeat customer that I can't answer until BMW account reps get back.

The 5 Series tire issue caused me major headaches. I had several orders delayed. That issue was resolved pretty quickly given the number of units and operations have returned to normal. I have seen several ED M3's come in recently with near-record times through customs from the Baltimore and NJ port. If you don't hear anything by Monday start making calls for answers.

Good luck,
David

Ultimate Buying Power
BMWDavid@me.com
www.bmweco.com 202-262-2900
Call Joy for Vehicle Status 443-883-6925
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

My M3 arrived at the Port of Baltimore on Oct. 4 and was delivered to my dealer on Oct. 8. If it is sitting at the VPC still, you should be VERY concerned. It was likely damaged during transit.
      01-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

So 424D57, what happened? I'm guessing you have your car now. Was it damaged?

I have an M3 on order that will be coming through that same VPC.

Mods: Full Venture Shield protection kit, RPi scoops, Euro fog light switch, LUX V4, clear reflectors, OEM black chrome grilles and side gills, black hood vents, IND F10 M5 shift knob and boot
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

my car has been at the vpc for over a week now at NJ...getting skeptical
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Bueller...? Bueller...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iTiAg View Post
So 424D57, what happened? I'm guessing you have your car now. Was it damaged?

I have an M3 on order that will be coming through that same VPC.

Mods: Full Venture Shield protection kit, RPi scoops, Euro fog light switch, LUX V4, clear reflectors, OEM black chrome grilles and side gills, black hood vents, IND F10 M5 shift knob and boot
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
PinkFlamingo
Car Shopping Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 GT4

My car arrived at VPC on the 21st and arrived at my dealer today. Picking up tomorrow or Friday depending on what happens with this crap snow storm.