BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #23
mbj898
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
it was the fist car i checked out at this years car show. i was very disappointed. i happen to think it looks great on the outside, but the inside is a let down. 0 quality, and what got me the most was how they put immitation brake ducts on the rear fenders. was not impressed at all. i couldnt believe that some were saying that was the car that could save GM.
as nice as some new ford/gm cars look, the quality still blows especially compared to BMW. That alone kept me away from any of them

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #24
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep
Drives: girls krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
I used to own a a 2005 GTO... loved that car but the front end wore thin on me - and the handling was putrid - Yuck.

I had a termy.... for a year- Yuck.

New Camaro. YUCK. It sits 10 feet in the air and is butt ugly.

New challenger - Nice looking, but underpowered

New mustang - yuck.

Been there, done that, american "muscle" sucks now. so yes. Yuck.

Come slap me if you think you can get away with it hot shot.

somebody's
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #25
HighVoltage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
too much hate @ e90post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yes it handles like complete shit.

All the way around the 'ring ahead of the E46 M3, meaning it handily beats our 335's. It'd be nice to match the Maro's time, but we have to catch up to the Cobalt first.
This.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/
http://www.garagejournal.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #26
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

I think that most of us are too enamored with HP....

...and overlook all the important stuff like handling, braking, fit-n-finish and a ton of other stuff.

Most modern "muscle cars" look great from the outside (although I think the jury is still out on the Camaro), OK on the inside (as long as you overlook the sloppy joints) and are built on slightly modified family car underpinnings.

Yep - we can get cheap HP from a muscle car and if straight line (well, sorta straight) speed is the only criteria then one of these cars is the way to go...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #27
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
I would get a C6 Vette over the Camaro. Same price range as 335 coupe. Now, the Vette is a car that can handle.
      08-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #28
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep

The Camaro SS pulls .97g on the skidpad
The BMW 335i pulls 0.87 g
Camaro's weight distribution is a near-perfect 52/48
BMW's weight distribution is 51/49
Camaro's weight = 3750
BMW's weight = 3582

Look I think my BMW is great but don't knock a car just because. Some of you seem to have this preconceived notion that muscle cars are what they used to be, fast in a straight line and that's it. Not true anymore. Sure maybe the driving doesn't feel as intimate or the interior is lagging behind our cars, but it also costs much less.

My point is every car has their pros and cons, don't knock it without taking all points - positive and negative - into consideration.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #29
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Honestly why would you ask this question here? Go to a Camaro forum.

You're not going to get any useful input on E90 unless you consider the following "useful":

- It handles like a boat, nothing as well as the 335i! (even though the Camaro SS blows the 335i away on the Nurburgring)

- It's ugly and the interior is plastic (compared to the "luxurious E9x interior)

- Everyone is going to own one (just like the E9x...)

- You won't get many ladies with a Camaro (neither does the E9x guy using his car to attract women)

So point being, post this question on a real enthusiast board if you want valid feedback.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #30
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Honestly why would you ask this question here? Go to a Camaro forum.

You're not going to get any useful input on E90 unless you consider the following "useful":

- It handles like a boat, nothing as well as the 335i! (even though the Camaro SS blows the 335i away on the Nurburgring)

- It's ugly and the interior is plastic (compared to the "luxurious E9x interior)

- Everyone is going to own one (just like the E9x...)

- You won't get many ladies with a Camaro (neither does the E9x guy using his car to attract women)

So point being, post this question on a real enthusiast board if you want valid feedback.

U S A

U S A

U S AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #31
E394KEN
M3//4KEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i (Woosh!)

New Camaro SS is a freakin nice ride. Yuck comment = LMAO. The only negative on the car from my own perspective is that the front windshield is on the small side. The rear view mirror is a little to big and can be obstructive looking at stop lights. The rear seats suck, and if your anything over 5'9" your heads going to hit the rear paneling. I know for a fact that once your in the car heads turn and keep turning. Its a magnet at stop lights. Versus if your in your 335 or whatever 3 series people go about their business.

I really like it a great deal, but a 335 is way more practical IMO.
But SS is about 10K cheaper that a nicely loaded 335.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #32
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrulz View Post
anybody who says "yuck" about a muscle car should be slapped.

lol +1. i love those muscle cars. u don't need performance, but wouldn't u rather roll in those in the hood than a 335i?
i would
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #33
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Let me know when you guys finally decide to take your BMW tinted glasses off...

The newer muscle cars, except for the Ford Mustang, all have modern multi-link suspension. They all handle BETTER than you think they do. I drove a Dodge Challenger SRT-8 at California Speedway in the infield, a pretty tight and twisty track, and it handled just as well as the E92 M3 I drove on the same day, despite being nearly 300 lbs heavier, with a lot more available torque down low. Those of you who questioned the handling without driving one, should go out and drive one.

And the sad truth is, very few of you here could actually push either car anywhere remotely close to their limits to be able to comment on how much better one or the other handles. And the fact that the new Camaro is faster around the 'Ring than the 335i, and if the new Camaro handles like sh*t...Then the 335i handling must be ABSOLUTE GARBAGE?

Fanboi-dom is the worst common denominator on the intarweb.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #34
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
I love it when people bash each other on this forum.

Regardless whether this or that better, I still enjoy BMW. That is it.
Le Fin
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #35
Icyhot85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrulz View Post
The Camaro SS pulls .97g on the skidpad
The BMW 335i pulls 0.87 g
Camaro's weight distribution is a near-perfect 52/48
BMW's weight distribution is 51/49
Camaro's weight = 3750
BMW's weight = 3582

Look I think my BMW is great but don't knock a car just because. Some of you seem to have this preconceived notion that muscle cars are what they used to be, fast in a straight line and that's it. Not true anymore. Sure maybe the driving doesn't feel as intimate or the interior is lagging behind our cars, but it also costs much less.

My point is every car has their pros and cons, don't knock it without taking all points - positive and negative - into consideration.
Thanks for the info, im trying to get a test drive but every dealer says ohh we dont do test drives of this car.
WHO buys a car without driving it??? Am i just craazzy?? Ohh yeah and GM dealers and sales assoc. are A$$holes!!! I got hung up on like 4 times just asking if i could set-up for a test-drive. I dont think this whole GM company is gunna work out. A$$HOLES!!!!
      08-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #36
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

How about a "German muscle car?" It's still a more more $$ than a Chevy Camaro or BMW 335i, but FWIW, you can pick up a loaded left-over '09 MB C63 AMG like I did for $13k-$14k off the $68k MSRP ($5k under invoice)...451HP/443 lb-ft TQ STOCK, engine/exhaust sounds like a racecar STOCK, and handles almost as well as an M3 (coil-overs, pulls .93g) STOCK!!!! And, if you really want more, then add a simple $1,495 Kleemann K1 ecu flash, and you've got a >500HP MONSTER!!!!!

I made the move from an '07 PROcede v3 335i to an '09 MB C63 a few weeks ago and I can absolutely say that this "German muscle car" is simply amazing in so many ways, imho.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 08-17-2009 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #37
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyhot85 View Post
Thanks for the info, im trying to get a test drive but every dealer says ohh we dont do test drives of this car.
WHO buys a car without driving it??? Am i just craazzy?? Ohh yeah and GM dealers and sales assoc. are A$$holes!!! I got hung up on like 4 times just asking if i could set-up for a test-drive. I dont think this whole GM company is gunna work out. A$$HOLES!!!!
The way the Camaro is selling right now, if you don't buy one there is a person right behind you ready to buy it without a test drive.

Just remember, dealers are independent of GM. And it is hell trying to shut down bad dealers due to state laws.

Also, it is LS3, not LT3 as posters have been saying.....

Last edited by quagmire; 08-17-2009 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 02:21 AM   #38
HighVoltage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

The options are LS, 1LT, 2LT, SS1 and SS2. The LS and LT options have the 3.6L V6. The SS comes in either L99 (AT) or LS3 (MT).

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/
http://www.garagejournal.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #39
JustinB615
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30 335i

You must mod it. Plus, I'm sure you will get a good deal on it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #40
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

I think it looks great on the outside, I don't like the interior as much but I'm still getting it

Of course the quality is nothing compared to a german car (my faves), but it looks good and sounds good. Nuff for me. For now.
      08-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #41
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by len56 View Post
I think it looks great on the outside, I don't like the interior as much but I'm still getting it

Of course the quality is nothing compared to a german car (my faves), but it looks good and sounds good. Nuff for me. For now.
The interior is not that bad. I just saw my first Camaro up close yesterday and the interior is truly not that bad. It's no luxury car, but it isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #42
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
The interior is not that bad. I just saw my first Camaro up close yesterday and the interior is truly not that bad. It's no luxury car, but it isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
This is a very accurate take on the interior, and is refuted mostly by people who draw their conclusions purely from preconceived notions and magazine pictures. A lot of those same people are the ones that probably didn't know it laps the ring faster than an E46 M3, which would also be a bit faster than the beloved 335.

The interior is "different" and doesn't even try to be a lux-oriented setup or quality. That simply isn't a concern to the designers. It's a good interior, considering the price and target demographic. It fits the intentions of the car very well.

This car is selling despite the storm cloud of bankruptcy and restructuring over GM's head. The 335 won't move off the lots fast enough, prompting these incentives we see.

So, which car is the success here?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #43
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
too much hate @ e90post.
addition symbol, uno.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #44
ChrisV
7er
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 BMW 740iL

Garage List
1998 740iL  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxjax View Post
The look good if you drop them, the sit way too high. I did see one race the other night stock and it was a pig. Slow and way too quiet stock, I was not impressed by it.
You sure it wasnt' a V6 version? And you sure it was racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
...and overlook all the important stuff like handling, braking, fit-n-finish and a ton of other stuff.

Most modern "muscle cars" look great from the outside (although I think the jury is still out on the Camaro), OK on the inside (as long as you overlook the sloppy joints) and are built on slightly modified family car underpinnings.

Yep - we can get cheap HP from a muscle car and if straight line (well, sorta straight) speed is the only criteria then one of these cars is the way to go...
Which family car does GM have that has RWD, IRS, and a longitudinally mounted V8 that the camaro is "slightly modified" from?

How do you like being an elitist princess?

Appreciate 0