BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

07-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
kayha12
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

NASA Mid Atlantic - track guys, roll call?

Hey all!

Wanted to check in here to see how many guys on the board are tracking with NASA MA? I've been doing their HPDE's for about 1.5 years now and am in group 3 (previously in my Subaru) I've so far done 1 Global Time Attack event with the m3 and look forward to doing the track weekends with NASA in the M!

Hoping to meet some new friends/instructors with e9x M's! I will be at Pitt Race July 21-22.. hoping to make VIR in August, but will definitely be at Dominion in September

oh, and this thread is worthless without pics right? Feel free to post pics of your cars!

Lots of goodies inbound; at this event I just had swift springs, pfc08 pads, motul fluid, and pss tires (DO NOT get these for the track! lol... had to run 220+tw for my class)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
kayha12
Second Lieutenant
Rep

the old whip
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayha12 View Post
Hey all!

Wanted to check in here to see how many guys on the board are tracking with NASA MA? I've been doing their HPDE's for about 1.5 years now and am in group 3 (previously in my Subaru) I've so far done 1 Global Time Attack event with the m3 and look forward to doing the track weekends with NASA in the M!

Hoping to meet some new friends/instructors with e9x M's! I will be at Pitt Race July 21-22.. hoping to make VIR in August, but will definitely be at Dominion in September

oh, and this thread is worthless without pics right? Feel free to post pics of your cars!

Lots of goodies inbound; at this event I just had swift springs, pfc08 pads, motul fluid, and pss tires (DO NOT get these for the track! lol... had to run 220+tw for my class)
How much track experience do you need to run Global Time Attack?

I have probably 7-8 track days under my belt and a few arrive and drive exotic car programs (gifted by family).

I am never the fastest in the intermediate group, but I know my lines which got me into intermediate groups fast. Sometimes I have so much time between track time (2 years currently) that I run with Novice guys just to get back into it and boost my ego from passing most.

I wouldn't be out to break records, but GTA seems the most legit way to race without racing.

Can anyone do it? What is the cost? etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
kayha12
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
How much track experience do you need to run Global Time Attack?

I have probably 7-8 track days under my belt and a few arrive and drive exotic car programs (gifted by family).

I am never the fastest in the intermediate group, but I know my lines which got me into intermediate groups fast. Sometimes I have so much time between track time (2 years currently) that I run with Novice guys just to get back into it and boost my ego from passing most.

I wouldn't be out to break records, but GTA seems the most legit way to race without racing.

Can anyone do it? What is the cost? etc.
The suggested experience is "equivalent to NASA HPDE3 and up" This last GTA event in NJ they were much more lenient due to participation but when you are out there you definitely need to be comfortable with open passing. They strongly suggest point by passing and no contesting corners.

Closest GTA events are either in Ohio or at Road Atlanta. This year they came to NJMP but the last time they were here was 2012. Take a look at Gridlife, it's very similar in regards to time attack racing. Gridlife is set up more like Hyperfest where it's a big "festival"

GTA at NJMP was $600, just take a look at their rule book to make sure you understand which class you're aiming to race in
Appreciate 0