BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

11-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post

If it helps, I found the leather swatch at the dealer (BMW Toronto) to be very accurate. I took it out of the book and walked over to an SG 335 and laid it on the car. This gave me a pretty good idea of what it looked like.
So I was able to stop by BMW Toronto. Nice, large dealership. Three M3's near the front of the dealership. None had bamboo but I got to look at a small bamboo swatch.

The swatch looked darker again and looked like this pic of HeartMD's car:

Taking into account that everyone's monitors are different, that looks like a low lighting pic of HeartMD's interior? And most pics seem to show it lighter than that. This is where my confusion comes in.

And you are all right, there is no substitute for seeing the colors in person...goldminer, I'm going to send you a PM.
      11-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #24
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Hi all,

I just wanted to close the loop on this thread in case someone ever searches for the answer to the same question.

Thanks to goldminer, I got to see a real bamboo beige interior in person.

Observations:

There really is no substitute for seeing it in person. This picture he took of his interior, trying very hard to capture accurately the color, looks pretty dead on to what I saw in real life:

This did look a little different, at least to me, from the color on the swatch.

I also suspect, in addition to the possible factor of people's computer screens being calibrated differently, that the leather pieces themselves can vary slightly in tone, from one "batch" of bamboo leather to the next in production....

And it just so happened, after I saw goldminer's car, the dealership where we met also had an example of a pre-owned m3 with bamboo today. It looked the same as goldminer's bamboo.

I also saw fox red today and it also didn't look like exactly like I had expected from the pics...

Conclusion: Try your best to find a real-life example!

Especially if you are picky about color and can easily discern color differences. (For example, I can immediately identify the correct color among the various BMW blacks, blues, etc. on a lot, but my husband has trouble when the shades are very close...) So even though I had to travel 3 hours total on the road, it was really worth it to me! Well... I also took the opportunity to do some shopping in Toronto while I was there, hehe.

Thanks all,
Julie
      11-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
GMW
Dolphin 38
Canada
Rep
Drives: a Submarine

Accurate, and it was my number one choice!

Did you decide on placing an order on a new one, or have you found one south of the border???
Attached Images

11' e92 M3 - new owner
10' S1000RR - miss it every day / 09' K1300S - miss it most of all.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #26
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW View Post
Accurate, and it was my number one choice!

Did you decide on placing an order on a new one, or have you found one south of the border???
Hey GMW,

I am likely going to order Azurite Black. I am also looking into European Delivery for May.

Otherwise, I will actively look for M3s south of the border come this spring. Based on the thread on importing (where guys like you contributed with great information ), I personally think trying to find a lightly used M3 south of the border is more worth it if you're not ordering something special here or doing ED...
      11-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #27
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

Glad to be of help. As it was I was in the neighbourhood anyway.
Appreciate 0