BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #67
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarchicken View Post
when you received your m3 from customs did it still have the euro plate on it?
Yup, I still have them on the car. I ran with Euro plates while I was waiting for my AZ plate. Now the rear plate is partially covered by the AZ plate.

One week after I got the car back, drove 500+ miles each way to Pagosa Springs for a BMW meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Nice trip. I wish we had been able to spend more time on our trip. We did go to the ring and Innsbruck as well. I have a similar pic of the jelly fish thing and crystal room. Both were really hard to try and photograph with a flash. The crystal room could not be photographed with a flash.

Great memories, and with time you will forget about the 11 week re-delivery wait.
Nice! Yea flash doesn't work in those rooms. LOL I forgot all about the 11 weeks when I took redelivery. I was actually in the middle of the Nurburgring part of the write up when I took redelivery. Since then I was either working on the car, detailing it, going on drives or car meets. Haha. Finally got around to finishing the write up last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH-01 View Post
Very cool trip, enjoy the motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MBDriver View Post
I thought there was something very familiar about this, and then your post to the http://drive4corners.com/" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://drive4corners...rners.com/</a>" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<a href="http...s.com/</a></a> site confirmed it. I was the other LMB E92 in Pagosa.

Nice write up and reminded me of my last visit back in 08.

Hopefully you can make it for the next D4C.

Auf Wiedersehen
Haha, yea I remember meeting you. I should be attending next year's Drive 4 Corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
Very nice !

Last edited by MLife168; 10-31-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #68
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam3 View Post
Congratulation, I hope one day there is euro delivery in-store for me in my life.
Thanks. I hope you get a chance to do it yourself. It's such a great experience and I feel very fortunate to be able to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie211 View Post
This is the best Euro Delivery thread yet. Very detailed! A great read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
great story. Love all the pix and the m3. :-)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nang Vann View Post
Nice! Love the pics, man it felt like I went on an adventure.

Congrats on your new car
Thanks. I was hoping to give the reader a first hand experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #69
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
wow!
that is one great story!
absolutely Epic!

and this shot of your M3 ZCP on track is priceless and should be a Wall Poster!
Thanks. Haha yup, already looking to blow up the pic and frame it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post
Wait did you paint it frozen blue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
TEMPORARY PAINT PROTECTION.
Thanks, yup temporary paint protection. The pic I just posted up in a response (taken at Pagosa Springs) has TPP on the car too. The fender, part of the sideskirt and side of the rear bumper looks darker. Gives it a frozen look.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #70
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Awesome trip!! I know what you mean about the Ring, I barely wait all trip, I did mine at the end too.
Thanks. Yea the ring was amazing, but the whole experience was awesome as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Congrats buddy.

I see you watch Rick Steve's "Europe Destination" which has a plethora of information.
Thanks. Yea lots of info, too bad he's really boring. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135iAW View Post
What color is the exterior? Its magnificent!!
Thanks! It's LeMans Blue Metallic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
Fellow desert dweller! Nice write up and we'll done pics!

Did you get a peek at a boosted m3??
Thanks, unfortunately no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Awesome Job ! EPIC Travel ! I am very happy for you, realize a dream, get Your CAR ! and have your girl with you the whole time !

I have to go back and watch some more, first page is taking so long to load LOL
Haha. Thanks. M3 had been a dream car of mine for a long time and being able to do ED is just icing on the cake!

Last edited by MLife168; 10-31-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #71
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxa121 View Post
nice write up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayg View Post
Amazing post. Your car is gorgeous, the e92 m3 is one of the sexiest cars I've ever seen and it will go down as one of the best looking cars BMW has ever designed. Great photos and descriptions of your trip too, I absolutely love Europe and haven't been to Germany yet so it was pretty cool lively vicariously through your trip.

I do need to ask though...$15 is the most expensive taxi you've ever taken?!
Thanks! Hopefully you'll get a chance to go back and visit Germany. Autobahn with no speed limit is awesome to drive on.

No, $15 isn't the most expensive cab ride. But $15 for less then 5 minutes makes it the most expensive in terms of $/mile/time. I mean even a 15-20 minute ride in a black car in Manhattan cost like around $30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
nice tour, looks like you had an amazing time

btw, the Korean restaurant is more like Chinese style Korean food called Cchamppong/JjaJangmyun. definitely not traditional Korean, but Korean food nonetheless
Thanks. I've had Chinese style Korean food and traditional Korean food. This was really neither. More like bad Korean food. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotE46M View Post
Amazing trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboxmycar View Post
thanks for sharing. My next car will be through ED program.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 03:32 AM   #72
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

awesome share. my parents are from Tucson I go there 2 times a year. A lot of M car fans out there. my mom and dad went to U OF A. still have family up there. awesome city.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 04:06 AM   #73
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Amazing write-up of your ED trip.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #74
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Epic!
      10-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #75
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
This. Write-Up. Was. Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #76
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Alot of the same places....exact same time of year.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #77
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Arabshahi View Post
awesome share. my parents are from Tucson I go there 2 times a year. A lot of M car fans out there. my mom and dad went to U OF A. still have family up there. awesome city.
Car scene out here is still not like So Cal. Best I get is Cars and Coffee Tucson once a month. LOL. Drove up to Scottsdale C&C is Sept. Much nicer but over 2 hours away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Amazing write-up of your ED trip.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Epic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
This. Write-Up. Was. Awesome.
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post

Alot of the same places....exact same time of year.
Sweet! Yea so many of the same places. Wish we had more time to visit Prague and Vienna as well. Actually there's just a whole long list of place. HAHA. Great video!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #78
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Wow very nice photo journal of your euro delivery! I felt like I was there as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to document your journey and sharing it with us. And most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS on your new E92 M3!!!

What temporary paint protection product did you use? Is it an aerosol product that you spray on the car? Does it really protect it from rock chips? Thanks.
2011 135i 6MT | Alpine White | Terracotta Boston Leather | M-Sport | BMW Performance Exhaust Resonator Delete | Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance Suspension | Blackline LCI Taillights | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | CF Rear Diffuser | PPK | E92 M3 FSB | Matte Black Kidney Grilles | VMR V710 Jet Anthracite | Michelin PSS | BMW SS Pedals
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #79
wdempsey
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Amazing journey, thanks for posting!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #80
ThaiRacer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

How did u prep it for the trip back home?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #81
robbie211
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E36 M3

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
those frozen blue rear view mirrors look sick!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #82
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
WOW ultimate vaca good stuff.

Is ED worth doing if you go alone?
      11-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #83
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Probably the best ED write up I've seen. I'm going to use this as a template when I do an ED for the upcoming M4.

Thanks for putting down hotel, restaurants, and activity recommendations.

I'm hoping to make my next BMW experience a lifelong memory for me and my wife.
      11-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #84
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
What temporary paint protection product did you use? Is it an aerosol product that you spray on the car? Does it really protect it from rock chips? Thanks.
<--- This... Can you give more info ? Also, did you use any paint protection in Germany? I'll be doing an M4 ED next year and am trying to figure out how to protect it out there.

BTW, for any history buffs going out there, definitely have to visit "The Eagle's Nest", which was one of Hitler's HQs.. absolutely incredible
http://www.kehlsteinhaus.de/en/index.php

As for Salzburg, I -highly- recommend an outdoor/abbey table at St Peter Stiftskeller (http://www.stpeter-stiftskeller.at/index.php).. if nothing else, the ambience is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #85
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
Wow very nice photo journal of your euro delivery! I felt like I was there as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to document your journey and sharing it with us. And most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS on your new E92 M3!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiRacer View Post
How did u prep it for the trip back home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie211 View Post
those frozen blue rear view mirrors look sick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
<--- This... Can you give more info ? Also, did you use any paint protection in Germany? I'll be doing an M4 ED next year and am trying to figure out how to protect it out there.

BTW, for any history buffs going out there, definitely have to visit "The Eagle's Nest", which was one of Hitler's HQs.. absolutely incredible
http://www.kehlsteinhaus.de/en/index.php

As for Salzburg, I -highly- recommend an outdoor/abbey table at St Peter Stiftskeller (http://www.stpeter-stiftskeller.at/index.php).. if nothing else, the ambience is amazing.
Thanks guys! Thanks you for taking the time to read it. LOL.

We wanted to go to Eagle's Nest as well, but it was still closed for the winter while we were there. I did not have Paint Protection available to use through Europe. Luckily I only got a couple of small paint indentations on the front bumper (no chipped paint).

As for the Temporary Paint Protection/prep for the trip home, I used Armorall aerosol spray available at Pepboys. Stay away!!! The stuff is horrible. Since it's aerosol, there so so much over spray. I had the stuff all the way on my back window/trunk. It is super difficult to get off. Especially the over spray area. Took me over 5 hours/3 washes and ended up having to use bug and tar remover as the instructions suggested if it wasn't coming off. More layers = better protection/better bonding for easier removal. Well we did about 5 layers in the front and it was still super thin. Didn't feel like there would be much protection. It protected the paint from bugs and probably grains of sand. Wouldn't count on it to protect against small rocks. I think I got one small chip on the hood from the drive home (don't recall that chip being there before). The 5 layers didn't help with the ease of removal either.

I did have Paintshield 5720 on order, just didn't come in time. http://generalchemicalcorp.mybigcomm...ield-5720.html. I would HIGHLY recommend this stuff to everyone. Many people on M3post and GTR forums have used this for track days. I used it a week after redelivery for a 1000+ mile drive. I used two layers just to be on the safe side for this trip. It's super easy to apply. Either with brush, paint roller, or airless sprayer. It's so easy, I arrived for the meet Friday night; Saturday morning after a group drive, I washed it off for the car show portion. Sunday morning I applied two layers in the hotel parking lot in about 1 hour. Goes on white, dries matte. The entire trip I didn't even get a single chip, not even on the front lip! Once dry the surface feels like it has a layer of hard acrylic. There's been a few times where I've only done one layer (i.e for autox to protect against cones) and it still felt very protective unlike Armorall's 5 layers.

Before removal:

After removal:

Application:

You can either peel off or high pressure wash off the stuff. I've peeled parts of it off before and it's pretty easy. I prefer to wash it off since I ended up needing to wash the car anyways. The stuff is also pretty water resistant. I've used it 5 times so far and 3 of those time it rained pretty hard. Even at 70+mph in the rain, the stuff held up. Check out the video below, notice how nothing happens when the water goes over it. But once I hit it directly with the washer at an angle, it comes right off.

Last edited by MLife168; 11-01-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #86
MLife168
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdempsey View Post
Amazing journey, thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
WOW ultimate vaca good stuff.

Is ED worth doing if you go alone?
Thanks. I think it's worth doing alone if you don't mind driving alone and were already planning on visiting Europe and renting a car. This way you get to experience ED, and have nice car to drive while you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
Probably the best ED write up I've seen. I'm going to use this as a template when I do an ED for the upcoming M4.

Thanks for putting down hotel, restaurants, and activity recommendations.

I'm hoping to make my next BMW experience a lifelong memory for me and my wife.
Awesome. I'm glad the details will be put to good use. I'm sure you and your wife will have a blast and have memories to last a life time. Can't wait to see your write up one day.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #87
javkhan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 ZCP

Amazing write up!!!

F82 M4 Mineral White | DCT | Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #88
robbie211
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E36 M3

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Thanks for the tip on the temporary paint protection. I'll have to give Paintshield 5720 a try.
Appreciate 0