BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts

EXXEL Distributions

11-05-2022, 12:14 AM   #111
pjacobs
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Redd I had no intentions of hijacking the thread. Thanks for your clarification and update on this. I won't put too much into the R&D aspect. These shifters have been out before they even hit the market here in USA. I'll give them credit for facilitating this product for us but I highly doubt they had anything to do with the R&D.

Those of you asking me about Alibaba and Aliexpress links to where I got my shifters from, you won't find it. Even the factories in China are getting smarter and are looking for wholesalers in USA. Many products are not finding their way to Ali.. anymore. I got mine from a local connection that does tons of business in China and he got a few sets for me. Your best bet is to just buy them from JQWerks or Redd if he decides to do another group buy. Good night.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 12:19 AM   #112
pjacobs
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Redd Sorry, I didn't comment on our last point. The second set I have are a plug and play for BMW's. Watch the video I added. I installed these on a friends BMW myself and they were plug and play just like the JQWerks ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 03:52 AM   #113
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
Redd Sorry, I didn't comment on our last point. The second set I have are a plug and play for BMW's. Watch the video I added. I installed these on a friends BMW myself and they were plug and play just like the JQWerks ones.
You should bring these to market for the benefit of the community. I personally prefer the CNC-ed look of the JQWerks ones, but some others may prefer the CF look.
Appreciate 1
VR1638.00
      11-05-2022, 10:49 AM   #114
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
Redd I had no intentions of hijacking the thread. Thanks for your clarification and update on this. I won't put too much into the R&D aspect. These shifters have been out before they even hit the market here in USA. I'll give them credit for facilitating this product for us but I highly doubt they had anything to do with the R&D.

Those of you asking me about Alibaba and Aliexpress links to where I got my shifters from, you won't find it. Even the factories in China are getting smarter and are looking for wholesalers in USA. Many products are not finding their way to Ali.. anymore. I got mine from a local connection that does tons of business in China and he got a few sets for me. Your best bet is to just buy them from JQWerks or Redd if he decides to do another group buy. Good night.
I would like info on the connect, so I can purchase additional paddles. I've been asking about this ilsince tge beginning of the FB, and would love to have more paddle options. Can you at least drop that info?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2022, 05:24 PM   #115
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
I would like info on the connect, so I can purchase additional paddles. I've been asking about this ilsince tge beginning of the FB, and would love to have more paddle options. Can you at least drop that info?
Based on my eyeball, the screw distance for the CF paddles he shows are narrower than the JQWerks ones. They look like CF paddles for sim racing magnetic shifters, hence my earlier assumption. You can Google for sim racing CF paddles, there are many sellers, and see if you can get them to fit.

Here's one:
https://opensimracing.com/collections/shifter-paddle
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2022, 05:21 PM   #116
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep

Now will Madtrace broker a DCT knob magnetic click???
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 04:38 PM   #117
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Finally received my Malaysia shipment and I have to say I am quite impressed with the quality. Everything feels solid and premium, nothing cheap feeling about the set. I had some F8x sets with me so I took the opportunity to compare with my E9x set. Everything seems to be bespoke for each car, this is not a generic shifter with different mounting plates for different steering wheels. No lazy engineering here. The paddles between F8x and E9x are different. Heck, even the printing on the boxes are different for each car. Very impressed so far, can't wait to install them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 06:49 AM   #118
CarsAndTrees
E9X Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red E92 M3 DCT

@Redd any word on another group buy in the near future?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 05:55 PM   #119
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndTrees View Post
@Redd any word on another group buy in the near future?
Sorry but this GB was one time only. You can order them new from Mashimarho, I think there's a BF sale on now.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:40 PM   #120
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Redd,

Any chance of these coming to the E46 M3 (SMG)?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 07:27 PM   #121
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
Hey Redd,

Any chance of these coming to the E46 M3 (SMG)?
Just checked with JQWerks. Unfortunately the answer is negative. There's no plans to make them for the E46 M3.
Appreciate 1