Mporium BMW

07-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #45
Parbox
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bape View Post
Thats terrible... i am not really sure what to do about that? any suggestions?
like i said they needed to get the car out on the dual carriageway and there aren't any near by where the service centre is.
maybe they were more thorough with the update than other service centres??? battersea aftersales is quite reputable so i just took their word for it.
what do you people think i should do??
Battersea is really near the A3 isn't it? Could have got to the m25 and back with only 20 miles I think.

I think I would complain about that and try and see what revs they use as I think that is recorded.

At least your lag is better now.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 07:09 AM   #46
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bape View Post
Thats terrible... i am not really sure what to do about that? any suggestions?
like i said they needed to get the car out on the dual carriageway and there aren't any near by where the service centre is.
maybe they were more thorough with the update than other service centres??? battersea aftersales is quite reputable so i just took their word for it.
what do you people think i should do??
Battersea certainly have a good after sales reputation. Perhaps have a word with E92Fan (he's one of the mods)... I think he may have contacts at Battersea.
      07-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #47
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 DCT

thanks for your responses, will investigate a bit further on this matter
judging by the replies im increasingly more unhappy about it!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #48
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Hooray - booked in for my update !

Local dealer service department wanted me to go for test drive with technician to experience problem first hand etc etc, but flashed the SIB below (featured earlier in this thread - thanks Steveo!! ) at them and they scuttled off and agreed between them that the UK had the same update!!
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B280708g.htm

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #49
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themetz View Post
Hooray - booked in for my update !

Local dealer service department wanted me to go for test drive with technician to experience problem first hand etc etc, but flashed the SIB below (featured earlier in this thread - thanks Steveo!! ) at them and they scuttled off and agreed between them that the UK had the same update!!
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B280708g.htm

Good luck with that. Unfortunately we're not all so lucky in our neck of the woods. Our local dealership is extremely uninformed regarding this issue and Phoenix 21st has had terrible aggravation trying to get them to address it... apparently "you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet" and "our master technicians know far more than posters on an internet forum" - he's still waiting for his car to be updated successfully. I'll have to wait until then before booking mine in.
      07-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #50
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG

Shocking, shocking beyond belief. Car is in today for software update (ista/p although the number was not 2.34.005 that we know about. From memory he was quoting 2.33 and no third field i.e. 005.

Car was in last week for ignored downshift request (for 2nd time) and software update. Engineers say they couldn't replicate the issue and therefore did nothing. A week before i took the car in i gave them the SIB no and the ista/p no. so they were completely informed.

At 10am i called for an update - told that technician is currently evaluating the car. I would receive a call when they complete.

at 1pm i call and ask again as no one has called and get told the car has no problems after looking at it for 2 hours. I was realled f*cked off! told them that Sytner understand the problem and said i would call them.

straight away i called Sytner who understood and would do the update without me having to prove the problem

Called my dealer back and before i could say anything they said 'oh good news Mr .. our dealer principal has the same car as you and it HAD the same issue but we fixed it with the new software! but its late now and wont be able to do your car today now!' You can imagine how i felt now.

Booked car back in for Thursday (today). Spoke to customer services on Monday to say how i felt. Was told i would get a call from the service manager that day! - Nothing

Called Tuesday to say i not received call - told i would get a call in the afternoon - Nothing

Same thing Wednesday - so drove to the dealer to ask what is going on - told, sorry Mr .. i've been busy!

Discussed all the issues and told how forums know less than bmw staff, and also asked for a technician to go out with me. Ignored down shifts as i drove and missed gear when Technician drove.

Service manager took the technicians opinion as fine and agreed to do the work.

We shall see, although i dont see why i need to go through this when the problem is they supplied me with a car that is faulty.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #51
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
That's absolutely shocking service, and I can see why you would be so angry and upset. I spent 2 yrs being fobbed off by my local dealer (Knights) with my last Beemer (E93 vert), with problem after problem exagerated by their imcompetence. The car would often have to visit two or three times to get each problem rectified properly. Why they could never sort it first time was beyond me

I have now sourced this car from a dealer 30 miles away (BlueBell) but one that I trust and they are the only ones that will ever touch the M3

Maybe it's time to travel a little further afield and source a more co-operative dealer to deal with any issues you have with your M3?

There are good dealers out there, it 's just finding them!

Hope you get it sorted soon
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #52
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
+1 local dealer scothall are useless.

Sytner in High Wycombe (40miles away) are awesome.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 03:14 AM   #53
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Apparently guys there is another software update due in September which is meant to cure the lag issue completely. See post 575 of the link below.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...231020&page=27

I think I will wait for that update.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 03:29 AM   #54
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
Shocking, shocking beyond belief. Car is in today for software update (ista/p although the number was not 2.34.005 that we know about. From memory he was quoting 2.33 and no third field i.e. 005.
They've got to be having a laugh We know that version doesn't address the lag - EDIT: I was wrong, 2.33 does address this issue. Yes, forums know far less than BMW technicians in lots of areas, however with regard to this issue, your account clearly demonstrates that they don't have a clue.

When do you pick you car up Phoenix? And can you confirm the software version asap?... I really think I need to find another dealer to do mine

Last edited by dar2008; 07-17-2009 at 04:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 03:51 AM   #55
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The software is complete and the version is 2.33.3.0.1. I told them i was expecting 2.34.005 and expressed my concerns but they told me the module for dct is in this update as well. It seems to make sense when u read the SB because it mentions target intergration 2.33.1. I am unsure where the 2.34.005 is from.

The car is still in the garage for the ignored down shift request and they are swapping steering wheels today to see if it helps.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 04:02 AM   #56
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The software is complete and the version is 2.33.3.0.1. I told them i was expecting 2.34.005 and expressed my concerns but they told me the module for dct is in this update as well. It seems to make sense when u read the SB because it mentions target intergration 2.33.1. I am unsure where the 2.34.005 is from.

The car is still in the garage for the ignored down shift request and they are swapping steering wheels today to see if it helps.
Yes, my bad, just re-read the SIB and the DCT 'fix' was from 2.33.

When you get the car back, please let us know how the lag feels...
      07-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #57
AmmNick
MWDesign Project BMW E92 M3 Darth Maul Fan
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT Alpine White

Hi guys,

Can see by the post that you guys in England have a few issues with the standard of your dealers ??

Here in Oz I took my car in for a software update. Like some of you have said seems to definitely made an improvement with the lag but sometimes a little delay does creep in. Dont ask me what version of software it was upgraded to. But will be going into the dealer early next week and will ask. I also had to give them the car for a couple of days.

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #58
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Pheonix - who is your dealer? thats shocking.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 04:39 AM   #59
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok got car back. The update is as everyone is describing, significantly reduced but still there. Its as if they have altered the setting so that upon reacceleration the system blips the throttle, and gives you half power for a second and then gives you full power. Its a significant improvement but not completely eliminated. its about as good or marginally less than i expected although i am pleased i had the update. Not pleased about the effort that it took to get it done. for information, i tested the car in D2 and S3.

On the ignored down shift request, the dealer put a new steering wheel on and the issue has gone so that is good.

the good news is that i asked them to polish the car as a good will gesture for the inconvenience and glad to say they did a good job from what i can see.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #60
J1220
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe 09

Quote:

Guys, I have my car booked in 1st week of august with for this update and master tech confirm the version as 2.34.

I also have intermittent issues with ignored down shifts. Was your car having this problem in any specific S/D modes? Could you re-create this issue to show the dealer?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #61
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1220 View Post
Guys, I have my car booked in 1st week of august with for this update and master tech confirm the version as 2.34.

I also have intermittent issues with ignored down shifts. Was your car having this problem in any specific S/D modes? Could you re-create this issue to show the dealer?

Thanks
It only happens in S mode, all of them and M. Really annoying. when technician was next to me was ignoring down shift and then jumped gears when technician drove it. They said nothing would be done unless they could recreate it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #62
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 DCT

the technician that took my car out only drove over some speed bumps and he could see the problem in more than a couple of occasions!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #63
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Guys,
Don't accept this shite.

Remind dealers that you are the customer, YOU are the one who paid 50K for a car and THEY are the ones who should be busting a gut to make sure the car works as advertised. I don't get any of this agro at my dealer because I set this expectation from the start.

Regards,
Neil.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 03:54 AM   #64
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Booked in for this Friday...
      07-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #65
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

My local dealer (chigwell) does'nt seem to have a clue about this update, so can somebody confirm which dealers in the london-ish area are doing it?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #66
DJP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3s 2020

Hexagon did mine. But it was in for a problem with a erroneous transmission warning also. Don't know if they would have made any objection without it..
Appreciate 0