BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #3917
OnerDriver
Lieutenant
OnerDriver's Avatar
Canada
726
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Yes because a wall being built will automatically make all illegal immigrants fall into deep sleep and prevent them from voting and doing any other illegal things...
Since when are all these illegal immigrants voting? Because Trump says so?

§611. Voting by aliens
(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, unless-
(1) the election is held partly for some other purpose;
(2) aliens are authorized to vote for such other purpose under a State constitution or statute or a local ordinance; and
(3) voting for such other purpose is conducted independently of voting for a candidate for such Federal offices, in such a manner that an alien has the opportunity to vote for such other purpose, but not an opportunity to vote for a candidate for any one or more of such Federal offices.
Posting the law is good because that corroborates the narrative: "illegally" voting

Why do the dems oppose so fiercely the idea of having a voter ID as many countries already have?
Doesn't that look odd to you?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #3918
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1015
Rep
3,920
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Posting the law is good because that corroborates the narrative: "illegally" voting

Why do the dems oppose so fiercely the idea of having a voter ID as many countries already have?
Doesn't that look odd to you?
Voter ID laws deprive many voters of their right to vote, reduce participation, and stand in direct opposition to our country’s trend of including more Americans in the democratic process.

Look at Canada, you can vote with a library card, government cheque stub, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #3919
OnerDriver
Lieutenant
OnerDriver's Avatar
Canada
726
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Posting the law is good because that corroborates the narrative: "illegally" voting

Why do the dems oppose so fiercely the idea of having a voter ID as many countries already have?
Doesn't that look odd to you?
Voter ID laws deprive many voters of their right to vote, reduce participation, and stand in direct opposition to our country’s trend of including more Americans in the democratic process.
If you say so.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #3920
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1015
Rep
3,920
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
If you say so.
It's not me. The ACLU says that 21 million Americans do not have government-issued photo identification.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #3921
OnerDriver
Lieutenant
OnerDriver's Avatar
Canada
726
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
If you say so.
It's not me. The ACLU says that 21 million Americans do not have government-issued photo identification.
You're making the claim that requiring ID would diminish democracy.

There's a reason for people to not have ID. And one of them is not "being American"...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:40 AM   #3922
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1015
Rep
3,920
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
You're making the claim that requiring ID would diminish democracy.

There's a reason for people to not have ID. And one of them is not "being American"...
If a government issued ID is required to vote then a number of Americans are not able to exercise their democratic right to vote.

Being 'illegal' may be one reason but it's not the only reason. Some states prohibit Veterans Affairs ID cards for voting...how does that make sense.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #3923
Real Dodger
Always exploring.....
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
3605
Rep
4,397
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
If you say so.
It's not me. The ACLU says that 21 million Americans do not have government-issued photo identification.
Reminds me of the old Clint Eastwood movie, unforgiven.
"You just shot an unarmed man!"
Eastwood replies "he should've armed himself"

These people should get id's . Nothing is stopping them
__________________
Musica est etiam magna Si tu es vetulae
Appreciate 2
glennQNYC2036.50
SakhirM47226.00

      10-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #3924
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1015
Rep
3,920
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Reminds me of the old Clint Eastwood movie, unforgiven.
"You just shot an unarmed man!"
Eastwood replies "he should've armed himself"

These people should get id's . Nothing is stopping them
Wow. You just solved the problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #3925
are0lies
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
3690
Rep
1,640
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Reminds me of the old Clint Eastwood movie, unforgiven.
"You just shot an unarmed man!"
Eastwood replies "he should've armed himself"

These people should get id's . Nothing is stopping them
Don't disagree, but to add, $31.00 to you is different for one who is poor.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #3926
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
1,802
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 Z4C, '07 E93
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Reminds me of the old Clint Eastwood movie, unforgiven.
"You just shot an unarmed man!"
Eastwood replies "he should've armed himself"
That is one of the best movies ever made. It is the period at the end of the "western movie" sentence and IMESHO the best Eastwood film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
These people should get id's . Nothing is stopping them
In my state (PA) this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Don't disagree, but to add, $31.00 to you is different for one who is poor.
Hmmm. Good point. They oughta be free.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #3927
glennQNYC
Space Force Door Gunner
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2037
Rep
3,078
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
[Government IDs] oughta be free.
When free government IDs were proposed the argument moved to it costing money to go acquire one.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #3928
glennQNYC
Space Force Door Gunner
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2037
Rep
3,078
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Post

Has this been covered here?

U.S. regains crown as most competitive economy for first time since 2008

__________________
Appreciate 2
      10-20-2018, 06:35 PM   #3929
Real Dodger
Always exploring.....
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
3605
Rep
4,397
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Good! Russia's been violating this for a long time, and the Chinese have similar weapons.

President Trump to pull US from Russia missile treaty http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45930206
__________________
Musica est etiam magna Si tu es vetulae
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC2036.50

      10-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #3930
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
2847
Rep
4,207
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

Is this what Trump was talking about when he hinted he knew more about Corey Booker than Booker knew of himself? This certainly isn't the first time Trump has hinted about dirt on certain people well before it became known. lol

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...g-man-restroom
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #3931
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
1,802
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 Z4C, '07 E93
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

I thought this was about Trump. If you include everyone the orang tweets about it will get ugly pretty quickly.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST