BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

06-13-2019, 07:21 PM   #177
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
I'll be honest, this whole thing reeks of BS. Blaming the engine or BMW for the engine failure does not sit well with me at all. Sure, car manufacturers make mistakes and aren't perfect, but owners do have to take some responsibility for their cars. Personally, I don't buy it for a minute that the failure was due to the key or the wrapper that some how got logged in the motor. You probably didn't hear a reply from them due to the nature in which you framed your response and the fact the story just isn't believable. You certainly don't have to buy another BMW ever, but I don't think it matters which brand you guys own and will experience failures. I know I'm not the only one here that thinks this, I just was the first to actually say it. Don't take it personally, I'm just voicing my disbelief and utter dissatisfaction in how this was addressed.
BS in what sense? In the sense that some experts weighed in here and said that this is a rod bearing failure? Almost all those here that are knowledgeable said it's not a wrapper issue and more a design screw up with these engines. Let me put things in perspective for you guys. Cars are the second biggest purchase for someone after a house. And if by 2013, car manufacturers still don't know how to make reliable engines, then I don't know what to tell you.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #178
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalle View Post
I'm in Canada and I can't ship it here due to car manufacturers lobbying governments to prevent people from moving cars into North America from Europe or the rest of the world.
Protectionism at its best. If this car was with me in Canada I would have taken care of it.
So I got screwed twice by car manufacturers. Lucky guy, I guess.

My brother will drive it in the Mid East as he's on a work stint there. We'll keep it for now. If it sells, great. If not, here's hoping the new engine comes with rod bearings that won't fail.
It won't. They just released the measurements for the bearings, nowhere near industry standards or something. You're better off replacing them with something extra clearance.
      06-13-2019, 07:37 PM   #179
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Quote:
I'll be honest, this whole thing reeks of BS. Blaming the engine or BMW for the engine failure does not sit well with me at all. Sure, car manufacturers make mistakes and aren't perfect, but owners do have to take some responsibility for their cars. Personally, I don't buy it for a minute that the failure was due to the key or the wrapper that some how got logged in the motor. You probably didn't hear a reply from them due to the nature in which you framed your response and the fact the story just isn't believable. You certainly don't have to buy another BMW ever, but I don't think it matters which brand you guys own and will experience failures. I know I'm not the only one here that thinks this, I just was the first to actually say it. Don't take it personally, I'm just voicing my disbelief and utter dissatisfaction in how this was addressed.
BS in what sense? In the sense that some experts weighed in here and said that this is a rod bearing failure? Almost all those here that are knowledgeable said it's not a wrapper issue and more a design screw up with these engines. Let me put things in perspective for you guys. Cars are the second biggest purchase for someone after a house. And if by 2013, car manufacturers still don't know how to make reliable engines, then I don't know what to tell you.
See, you are missing the boat on the whole thing. I've been in law enforcement for over 22 years which included investigating a variety of crimes and interviewing people. The doesn't pass the smell test for a minute. In fact, my wife who works in the insurance industry said that she has seen the exact same story before and it was total BS. Your experts merely provide an opinion and no factual basis for what happened. If this was a true act of vandalism, then why no police report or insurance investigation? That's because no one believes it for a second. I could see why someone did it by the way you act in this whole thread. You'll find that people are more responsive when you're not acting like a douce bag to them. Best of luck with the car and in your future endeavors.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 07:49 PM   #180
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
See, you are missing the boat on the whole thing. I've been in law enforcement for over 22 years which included investigating a variety of crimes and interviewing people. The doesn't pass the smell test for a minute. In fact, my wife who works in the insurance industry said that she has seen the exact same story before and it was total BS. Your experts merely provide an opinion and no factual basis for what happened. If this was a true act of vandalism, then why no police report or insurance investigation? That's because no one believes it for a second. I could see why someone did it by the way you act in this whole thread. You'll find that people are more responsive when you're not acting like a douce bag to them. Best of luck with the car and in your future endeavors.
Who said no police report was filed? If you investigate cases remotely based on gut feelings then good luck in your career
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #181
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Who said no police report was filed? If you investigate cases remotely based on gut feelings then good luck in your career
Thank you. You have proved my point in this matter.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #182
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How did I prove you right? You and a bunch here have been trolling from day one. You're not all-knowing or all-seeing. You're at best hating because your life isn't going well. Some people sympathize and some people hate and mock. You simply fall in that second bucket. And I pray nothing weird happens to you and you go out to forums to ask for opinions. I said from day one this thread was mainly me trying to understand from the experts here the physics behind the failure. Trying to find out if the wrapper can fall in from the oil filler and cause blockage. See my original post. Then you and a bunch of heroes started preaching I did this to my own car or my brother did it. Putting aside how preposterous these accusations are or how amazing of an insurance adjuster your wife is (i could give two Fs) this thread is not a police investigation nor am I supposed to make any story sit well with you. You're the douchebag and so are the others who took tangents trying to incriminate me unjustly and without knowledge. The F would I go to forums if this was fraud? Police reports don't account for anything nor does insurance cover vandalism from the inside. We checked. Go ask your wife before you hate.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:13 PM   #183
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How did I prove you right? You and a bunch here have been trolling from day one. You're not all-knowing or all-seeing. You're at best hating because your life isn't going well. Some people sympathize and some people hate and mock. You simply fall in that second bucket. And I pray nothing weird happens to you and you go out to forums to ask for opinions. I said from day one this thread was mainly me trying to understand from the experts here the physics behind the failure. Trying to find out if the wrapper can fall in from the oil filler and cause blockage. See my original post. Then you and a bunch of heroes started preaching I did this to my own car or my brother did it. Putting aside how preposterous these accusations are or how amazing of an insurance adjuster your wife is (i could give two Fs) this thread is not a police investigation nor am I supposed to make any story sit well with you. You're the douchebag and so are the others who took tangents trying to incriminate me unjustly and without knowledge. The F would I go to forums if this was fraud? Police reports don't account for anything nor does insurance cover vandalism from the inside. We checked. Go ask your wife before you hate.
Speaking of, this is also the last time I post anything on this forum because when people hide behind aliases and handles their worst comes out. These pansies for sure act all polite in front of their bosses and colleagues but on the internet their hate shines. How useless was this experience for me I can't begin to capture. Shovelling through tons of Bs to get to a few knowledgeable people. I'm appreciative but oh my will I not do that again
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:59 PM   #184
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Speaking of, this is also the last time I post anything on this forum because when people hide behind aliases and handles their worst comes out. These pansies for sure act all polite in front of their bosses and colleagues but on the internet their hate shines. How useless was this experience for me I can't begin to capture. Shovelling through tons of Bs to get to a few knowledgeable people. I'm appreciative but oh my will I not do that again
Boy, bye.
      06-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #185
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Sorry but I had to.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ItsGary1457.50
scrammer421.50
      06-13-2019, 10:30 PM   #186
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

$17k for a new motor installed seems very reasonable.. you gonna keep the old block and make a coffee table out of if? You could part out the rest and make back a little money...

I once knew a dude that kept a big rock as the center piece on his mantle and when asked about it he always told a story along the lines of "well I can't throw that away, it cost me $3k... it was the only thing left in my truck when I was making the rounds refilling machines on my vending machine route." Turns out someone threw the rock through his window and stole his lock box with the weekly take in it. I guess it taught him a lesson, an expensive one but one not to be forgotten. Not saying you have anything to learn from your experience but maybe a good conversation piece.
      06-14-2019, 12:10 AM   #187
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
I'm in Canada and I can't ship it here due to car manufacturers lobbying governments to prevent people from moving cars into North America from Europe or the rest of the world.
Protectionism at its best. If this car was with me in Canada I would have taken care of it.
So I got screwed twice by car manufacturers. Lucky guy, I guess.

My brother will drive it in the Mid East as he's on a work stint there. We'll keep it for now. If it sells, great. If not, here's hoping the new engine comes with rod bearings that won't fail.
At least you are saving money on gas prices. You can make up your $17K loss over time.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2019, 12:38 AM   #188
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
$17k for a new motor installed seems very reasonable.. you gonna keep the old block and make a coffee table out of if? You could part out the rest and make back a little money...

I once knew a dude that kept a big rock as the center piece on his mantle and when asked about it he always told a story along the lines of "well I can't throw that away, it cost me $3k... it was the only thing left in my truck when I was making the rounds refilling machines on my vending machine route." Turns out someone threw the rock through his window and stole his lock box with the weekly take in it. I guess it taught him a lesson, an expensive one but one not to be forgotten. Not saying you have anything to learn from your experience but maybe a good conversation piece.
coffee table suggestion is a great idea!!! Let me tell my brother about that before they recycle it! I suppose I can sell the other parts, yes. Great suggestions! Much appreciated.

I don't know what lesson I ought to learn from this to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 05:50 AM   #189
Chris_Penning
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 6MT DINAN BADGED M3

Quote:

I don't know what lesson I ought to learn from this to be honest.
Don't stress the opinions of folks on forums that don't know you?
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1457.50
      06-14-2019, 07:17 AM   #190
donnyblaze1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

The internet, amirite?
Appreciate 2
nah dude237.00
      06-17-2019, 02:21 AM   #191
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Wow! Never seen anything like this.
Appreciate 1
drrust336.00
      06-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #192
arttvendelay
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Wow, this is a unique situation for sure. Best of luck
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #193
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Just got back from a blower recall. On the phone with the manager as we speak

Appreciate 10
MaximusB1393.50
Sedan_Clan25086.50
BayE301341.00
ItsGary1457.50
      06-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #194
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerBlueSkies View Post
I would too. Those gumballs are disgusting.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50
      06-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #195
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

That's some funny shit there.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #196
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:

Post of the month.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1457.50
Siajoon1859.50
      06-17-2019, 09:49 PM   #197
2happy
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
HOLY 5H1T !!! WOW !!!
I second this reaction.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #198
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

IBTL!

Let me guess- police report read something like this, "subject last saw a motor running fine on this date at this time subject came back to the motor and it was broken. Subject took the car to the dealership who subsequently found a key and a wrapper inside of it. Subject does not know who did this."

Pretty close?