BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
BIGMIG
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/ '13 F800GS

Group N - BMW Motorsport bushings and mounts

Hello all,

Anyone take the plunge on these OEM race parts? Im interested in the CABs and rear subframe bushings vs aftermarket ones.

Seems like they do the drive drain mounts and control arms bushings front and rear.

Rear Control arm: 33328300878
FCAB: 31108300876

Rear Subframe: 33318300885
Motor mount: 11812224413
GT4 race car Trans mount: 22308321927

Supremely expensive parts, ($2500USD above) but I may do the Motorsport water pump, as I had the stewart racing unit in my E46 and I miss it.
Appreciate 1
ebisu81078.00
      06-06-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
M43S7RO
Major
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Personally would go with monoballs for the FCA and solid for the rear subframe.

I upgraded to monoballs and it is a subtle change. I would bet you notice the change that monoballs make more than the rubber one.

I also have solid subframe bushings and there has been zero downside imo. Solid will last forever and possible the ones above are still subject to wear and deflection.

I am considering the gearbox mounts, I picked up the BW equivalent motor mounts and want to use them when I have the rod bearings done down the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
BIGMIG
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/ '13 F800GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M43S7RO View Post
Personally would go with monoballs for the FCA and solid for the rear subframe.

I upgraded to monoballs and it is a subtle change. I would bet you notice the change that monoballs make more than the rubber one.

I am considering the gearbox mounts, I picked up the BW equivalent motor mounts and want to use them when I have the rod bearings done down the road.
I should say I live in Winnipeg and drive year round and don't want salt getting into monoball FCABs, I like the Dinan design but it seems like something that will last forever in California and 24 months here.

Salt is the enemy of most aftermarket parts that haven't been designed to withstand it.

Needless to say, our roads are truly horrible. I need to record some in car footage with liquid in a sealed container in the cup holder, splashing around to demonstrate how extreme it is. Most M3 people would just drive a SUV here.

I would notice the difference on track but even the local track is historic and bumpy and compliance can be your friend.

I went with Stock trans mounts, because my E46 track car had solid poly and that was incredible but I don't want so much feel from that one area.

Solid subframe mounts appeal to me but see comments about rust and I don't wanna have to drop my subframe that soon.

Damn these rubber $$$$ ones make some sense
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

I run monoball suspension bushings therefore I can't speak to the groupN suspension parts. I have the BW groupN style motor mounts. Very happy with them. My car came with groupN SF bushings and they were not holding up. Definitely do solid bushings. You should have zero concern about a solid AL SF bushing rusting so bad it needs to be replaced. They are a fixed part - not like a rose joint (monoball) that is going to suffer with salt exposure. Your whole car will be dust if that is the case.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Dinan monoball FTABs are sealed, so they should be fine in any environment. Perhaps you were thinking of Fall-Line?

Solid subframe mounts should introduce no possibility of any rust. That was only an issue on E46s when welding repairs were often required. On our cars, swapping the mounts does nothing to the metal coatings.

And since the labor is the same for solid and Group N, I’m not really sure why you think Group N makes much sense. Lot of money, same labor to install, minimal improvement.
Appreciate 0