BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #45
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache335 View Post
If I go 15 mph over the speed limit in the left lane and people want to pass then THEY should move over if they still want to pass.

People with this kind of bahavior, I call them the left lane police.

While it is illegal to drive above the speed limit, in most states and countries, it is also ilegal to remain in the left lane if you are not passing...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #46
sameh
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911S

Here is where I stand. I will yield to faster cars and get out of the way HOWEVER don't rush me to do it for your convenience. I will not slow down to jump behind slower traffic just to let you go, but once a lane opens I will yield for you. So till then, please keep a respectable distance. Ridding my ass is not gonna make me yield any earlier.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #47
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
Yours is the same -- I was here first damn it! -- failed logic of those that see a max speed limit, set cruise control to match the legal speed then take up residency in the left lane and remain disinterested in anyone behind them.

If one isn't passing cars to your right, why stay in Lane 1? If one is passing cars, expediting the process to then get over should be priority one. If everyone did as much, life would be better for all concerned.

As for the OP's list of vehicles, the usual fare of wanna-race cars are stangs, chargers. Too bad custom plates will not accommodate "st_racing_is_4_morons".
The law in every state requires drivers on multiple lane roadways to stay to the right unless passing. This means that you move to the left to pass slower moving traffic. When the pass is complete you move back to the right. None of this hanging in the left lane until someone comes up behind you.

During my career as a police officer this was one of my favorite violations to write. It would make me smile a little on the inside. I typically wrote 3 or 4 every week.

Last edited by Dave2; 11-17-2012 at 06:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #48
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfan View Post
Just curious.

So what do you guys usually do when you encounter a driver like apache335 that thinks it's ok to remain on the left lane because he is doing > 15MPH over the limit?

Do you flash your lights?
Pass him on the right (which is illegal)?
Do you tailgate him (which is illegal)?
Do you just stay behind him?

If you decide to pass him somehow, do you give him a dirty look? Or do you just ignore him.
Now I must settle for flashing the high beams. If that fails, pass on the right (ugh).

During my career as a police officer I would issue the ticket for Failure to Keep Right on a Multiple Lane Highway . Then, if he displayed a poor attitude, look for add-on tickets such as tinted windows, no front tag, etc. If he were a complete tool hit him with the speeding ticket also.

Last edited by Dave2; 11-17-2012 at 06:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #49
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
Check your speedometer for accuracy. You are probably only doing 77 or so when it says 80.
Does anyone know if anyone can code to correct the Speedo. With my winter wheels it is off about 5 MPH when reading 75. Would be great to be able to put in the rear wheel and tire dimensions and have the speedo get accurate.
      11-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #50
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
During my career as a police officer this was one of my favorite violations to write. It would make me smile a little on the inside. I typically wrote 3 or 4 every week.

In all seriousness, you are the LEO of my dreams. I am so tired of having to tool down the right side of people going under the limit on I-95.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #51
HatersGonHateSMH
Banned
Rep
Drives: Frozen white m5/Fire orange m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfan View Post
Just curious.

So what do you guys usually do when you encounter a driver like apache335 that thinks it's ok to remain on the left lane because he is doing > 15MPH over the limit?

Do you flash your lights?
Pass him on the right (which is illegal)?
Do you tailgate him (which is illegal)?
Do you just stay behind him?

If you decide to pass him somehow, do you give him a dirty look? Or do you just ignore him.
Now I must settle for flashing the high beams. If that fails, pass on the right (ugh).

During my career as a police officer I would issue the ticket for Failure to Keep Right on a Multiple Lane Highway . Then, if he displayed a poor attitude, look for add-on tickets such as tinted windows, no front tag, etc. If he were a complete tool hit him with the speeding ticket also.
Daaaaaaang! You aren't a cop in los alamitos are you? ):
Appreciate 0