BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #155
JackieChiles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
I don't understand why everyone is so bothered by the low end torque our platform offers....

This just gives me a better excuse to ring out the power band and hear this beast
Effectively what you’re saying is “I don’t understand why everyone doesn’t like exactly the same things I do”

People like different things, spice of life and all.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
330ciprem228.50
      01-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #156
Immy68
Rep
Drives: m3

Wow this thread is still alive! Lol

Some updates..

Like I said in the OP this is my first ever sports car so it was pretty surprising how it felt. After owning it for 2 months now I am starting to fall very in love with this car. I've been jumping back and forth between the m3 and my toyota and everytime I jump back into the m3 it puts a smile into my face. The sound it makes when rev never gets old. It also sounds a lot better in the rain for some reason. I love that sound.

I've gotten a lot used to the rough ride. This car definitely takes some skill to drive and thats what makes it so fun. After learning how to drive it properly the car feels a lot better to sit in. It's not as jerky as before. Where I live the roads are bumpy and I have 19 inch wheels so I totally understand why it feels so uncomfortable sometimes to drive.

Do I regret buying this car? as of right now no. I'm pretty happy I got this car and I'm crossing my fingers hoping I don't have to fix anything major anytime soon.

2 questions since I don't want to make a new thread

1. Will any stock oem chrome front grilles from the e90-e93 platform fit into my e92 m3? I have the black ones and looking to switch it out back to OEM chrome. I can buy a used 2007 e90 chrome grille and fit it into my m3?

2. What is the best all weather mats for the m3? the weathertec one or the m3 oem ones?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 12:28 AM   #157
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy68 View Post

Some updates..

Like I said in the OP this is my first ever sports car so it was pretty surprising how it felt. After owning it for 2 months now I am starting to fall very in love with this car. I've been jumping back and forth between the m3 and my toyota and everytime I jump back into the m3 it puts a smile into my face. The sound it makes when rev never gets old. It also sounds a lot better in the rain for some reason. I love that sound.

I've gotten a lot used to the rough ride. This car definitely takes some skill to drive and thats what makes it so fun. After learning how to drive it properly the car feels a lot better to sit in. It's not as jerky as before. Where I live the roads are bumpy and I have 19 inch wheels so I totally understand why it feels so uncomfortable sometimes to drive.

Do I regret buying this car? as of right now no. I'm pretty happy I got this car and I'm crossing my fingers hoping I don't have to fix anything major anytime soon.

1. Will any stock oem chrome front grilles from the e90-e93 platform fit into my e92 m3? I have the black ones and looking to switch it out back to OEM chrome. I can buy a used 2007 e90 chrome grille and fit it into my m3?

2. What is the best all weather mats for the m3? the weathertec one or the m3 oem ones?
I might know someone who has Chrome ones, he's local to us.

My car didn't come with the OEM M3 floor mats, it came with the standard 3 series floor mats, they're fine unless you're very uptight about keeping the floor easy to clean
      01-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #158
Immy68
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post

My car didn't come with the OEM M3 floor mats, it came with the standard 3 series floor mats, they're fine unless you're very uptight about keeping the floor easy to clean
What year is his car? I'm actually looking for the chrome with black inserts.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #159
SkysTheLimit
Mspired
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post

What year is his car? I'm actually looking for the chrome with black inserts.
You'll need any 2007-2010 E92 non-M (pre-LCI) or 2008-2013 E9x M3 grilles. 2006-2010 E90 grilles are different and will not fit, but all 3 M3 platforms shared grilles and headlights with the E92 non-M pre-LCI so any will fit.

You'll probably want the factory M3 ones if you want chrome ring/black slat. I believe the non-M ones were all chrome.

As far as the mats go, the Weathertech ones are probably better because they usually have the edge guards so that liquid and grime doesn't go on the carpet underneath. But the M3 and non-M share mats, so you can pick up any OEM E9x set for pretty cheap and use them.
Gone but not forgotten: 2011.5 E90 M3 ZCP DCT, 2007 E92 335i, 2006 E90 325i, 1998 E36 M3, 1999 E36 323is
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 04:06 AM   #160
last1left
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:

Some updates..

I have a set of oem chrome grills you can have them if you pay for shipping PM me
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:55 PM   #161
carenthuziast
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 6MT

Quote:
Hey guys..so I finally bought my first EVER 2 door sports car, a 2011 e92 m3 with 50k miles on it in Jet black. I've been looking to get a new car for over 2 months and finally found this one for relatively cheap. It's been a couple of days now and I'm kind of overwhelmed..and underwhelmed as well. To be honest I'm having some buyers regret right now.

A little backround. I'm 29 years old and in my whole life all I've been driving are hondas, toyotas, lexus and such. You get the picture. Boring slow cars that have no personality or emotion to them.

Well to celebrate my new job I wanted to get a 2 door sports car while I'm young. After many research and reviews I've decided on the e92 m3. I don't think i've EVER driven a real sports car before. I just wanted a "trophy" car for my new job and honestly wanted to look cool in a 2 door sports car while I'm young. I drive around the city a lot. Anyways after purchasing the car and driving it around the city for a few days I'm not really sure if this car was the right car for me. I did test drive this car in the highway but not very much around the city. I probably should of done that before buying..

Anyways here are some problems I have with the car.

1. Ride quality. I honestly could not have imagined this would be a big problem, but it is. Is it supposed to be this uncomfortable? I have the ZCP option and driving around town even in comfort mode is terrible...I feel every bump and the car is just very jerky and rough, especially at stop and go traffic..Is this normal? Again I never driven a "real" sports car in my life.

2. Low torque. Not to much of a big deal but its a shame that it is there. You can totally feel the power at the high end but by that time you reach the high end you are totally going past city speed limits...which is a big big shame.

3. Speakers. I know this is a performance sports car and you should be listening to the engine. But to be honest sometimes I just want to cruise around town playing my favorite songs. It's very therapeutic for me and sadly the speakers in this car is a big dissapointment. I'm not sure if it's because of my EQ settings (I'm using the ones from this forum) but it's simply underwhelming compared to many cheaper cars. My car has EPS as well (the gold speakers)

Some suprisingly good things about this car that might suprise people...

1. Fuel economy. It's terrible but I don't think its THAT bad for a sports car. I've driven a lot and in 3 days I'm still in my first fuel tank. I don't drive spirited like most people so it's pretty good for me!

2. Cup holders. Why do people say it suck? I've used it a couple times now and it holds it just in place. Don't see what the problem is here..

3. The exterior of the car is simply amazing. It is truly a timeless car and it just looks so sexy in jet black. This car will NEVER go out in style.

Well what do you guys think? I know it is my fault that I should of test driven it more. I did a TON of research before buying this car and thought it would be a good car for me. The ride quality is just killing it for me right now. I'm going to keep driving it for a couple days to see if I can get used to it.

(I will upload pictures tomorrow)

Never go out "of" style?
      01-14-2019, 02:13 AM   #162
commedeschatons
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335d, '03 Jetta Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChiles View Post
Something like an Audi s4 may be a better fit.
also my thoughts, as a former b8 s4 owner.
but since he mentioned he wanted a coupe to roll around, i figured the last gen S5 w/ 3.0 supercharged, or even RS5, 4.2 NA would be preferred. These audis and the m3 are all fantastic cars, and theres definitely room for both in my heart. I wonder which other cars OP considered before choosing the M3
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #163
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

So you got a sports car to drive it like a Camry? Sell, sell, sell...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #164
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Should have gotten a Mercedes couch if you are looking for comfort.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #165
burtonsbs5114
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2c. LBB, 6mt

Garage List
Regarding driving the car with the DCT, I never drive mine in 'D' mode, it is always in manual. I drove the car once or twice in 'D' and I thought the car was drunk. It was always in way too high of a gear and I thought it changed at weird times. Drive it in manual and you will be much happier.