BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #45
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamld View Post
How many yards should I get? I called them and they said 35 a yard and they are 55" wide. I'm not doing the pillars, just the headliner. And would the BM2008 one work for black interior? I think I have the diamond weave as well

This may help. I ordered double the requirement but I don’t have the invoice anymore. This pic may help with deciding color.
Attached Images

09-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #46
bmwfst1
Pwrdbym
United_States
Rep
Drives: red 2010 bmwm3

I have the same problem. I'm in Maryland. Does anyone know of a place in the DMV area that can do the job.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #47
TheLuky8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajolives View Post
I got mine replaced by a shop for $225, and it's like new. I imagine any interior shop can and will handle this, I believe it's just a standard BMW 3-Series headliner material anyways.

I was going to tackle it myself, but I figure I would spent that amount in materials, tools, time, etc. on a job that I probably couldn't do any better than the guy doing it for 30+ years. I would recommend to search around your area and get a couple quotes together unless you really want to DIY.
Do you mind if I ask what shop you went to? I am currently looing at an M3 and it's sagging of course. I am local over in Lakeland.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 05:36 PM   #48
Ajolives
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLuky8 View Post
Quote:
I got mine replaced by a shop for $225, and it's like new. I imagine any interior shop can and will handle this, I believe it's just a standard BMW 3-Series headliner material anyways.

I was going to tackle it myself, but I figure I would spent that amount in materials, tools, time, etc. on a job that I probably couldn't do any better than the guy doing it for 30+ years. I would recommend to search around your area and get a couple quotes together unless you really want to DIY.
Do you mind if I ask what shop you went to? I am currently looing at an M3 and it's sagging of course. I am local over in Lakeland.

Thanks.
Sure thing, Top of the Line Auto Interiors. I looked them up because I couldn't remember the address, and it appears an Auto Insurance company is there now. Not sure if they moved or went out of business. I was just there in May and they did really great work, so I hope google is just screwing around.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #49
TheLuky8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Sure thing, Top of the Line Auto Interiors. I looked them up because I couldn't remember the address, and it appears an Auto Insurance company is there now. Not sure if they moved or went out of business. I was just there in May and they did really great work, so I hope google is just screwing around.
Awesome. I really appreciate. I'll call tomorrow and find out.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 06:18 PM   #50
Omgturbo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 N55 f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
I think this degradation of glue is accelerated when the car is parked in wet areas.

Mine went completely bad after only two months of parking outside during a rainy season.

Alcantara headliner DIY coming soon...

this is old but did you ever get to do the liner?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 11:01 AM   #51
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgturbo View Post
this is old but did you ever get to do the liner?
Was pretty easy DIY. You have to remove A,B,C pillars first to get the headliner out. It is a two-people job really but you can do it by yourself. Have your seats fully reclined before you do the job so it gives you headroom for removal through the doors.
      10-16-2023, 12:23 AM   #52
Omgturbo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 N55 f30

kyrix1st great thanks. I need to get this done asap. I’m thinking of just taking the headliner off myself and taking it someone where to get it done. It’s for an f30. With a sun roof. So it might be a bit more tough since I got a sun roof.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 03:37 AM   #53
vchakerian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue E90 6MT

Hey folks I’m looking for someone that may do this in the socal region of California, does anyone know a person that can help fix my sagging interior lining ?
Appreciate 0