BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

06-20-2019, 01:45 AM   #1
timstar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i e90

CCC to CIC without emulator

Howdy all,
I have a 2005 325i that has been CIC retrofitted with a unit out of a 2011.
From what I can see, there is no sign of an emulator behind the unit so I'm thinking it must have been done without an emulator.
I have a few questions, and any info would be greatly appreciated.
1) Is there someway to confirm that it was done with software coding
2) does anyone know of an emulator set up that doesn't tap in straight at the back of the unit?
3) Can anyone whos done a CCC to CIC without an emulator tell me if it requires moving wires to different pins (some of the wires in my harness have tape indicating where they used to be connected)
4) if anyone has any pictures of the wiring harness on their CIC or CCC unit that would be helpful in working out how mine has been done.

Image of my harness

Everything works, except for a carplay adapter I've installed which doesn't seem to be able to read the canbus properly (won't detect reverse and steering wheel controls don't work, but idrive controller works fine)

Again, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 06:57 AM   #2
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Cic activation has been out for a couple of years. From my research when going from CCC to cic there were no wiring changes other than the new video cable and USB to the glovebox and repinning the power connector for the cic screen.

The cic activation I've been trying to do requires the latest .C1A software version. I have an older .C16 version so since my conversion I have no nav (haven't had time to mess with it). I need to find someone who can update the cic version but it seems like no one local can do it for me.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #3
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Cic activation has been out for a couple of years. From my research when going from CCC to cic there were no wiring changes other than the new video cable and USB to the glovebox and repinning the power connector for the cic screen.

The cic activation I've been trying to do requires the latest .C1A software version. I have an older .C16 version so since my conversion I have no nav (haven't had time to mess with it). I need to find someone who can update the cic version but it seems like no one local can do it for me.
Send me a PM.

For op, you do not need to repin anything for the cic. Someone installed a cic in your car and then flashed new FSC codes matching your vin to the cic. I have done over 30 cic retrofits like this.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, F98 X4M, I01 94Ah

Here is what you're looking for: https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23198
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #5
yoslow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SSII E92 M3

1) from what I can tell from your harness, doesn't look to be an emulator
2) not that I'm aware of
3) shouldn't need to repin the harness, the only repinning i've done is for the video display cable, and that was pretty simple to do
Appreciate 0