BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #265
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Does the V2 only apply to the full race exhaust, or will there be a V2 for the axle back as well?
It only applies to the full race front pipes
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #266
darkseid2k
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '10 E71, '11 E92

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Once the hardware fix to prevent the CEL on V2 is figured out - is it an easy backwards compatiblity with the 1st generation GT Exhaust? Or is that an ECU fix to get rid of the CEL?

Secondly - how does the cash back incentive work for those that purchase the current GT Race? i.e. we post the video on Youtube and.. a cheque ('check' in the US) is sent to us? Can we convert that that credit to other accessorie - i.e. scoops instead?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #267
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkseid2k View Post
Once the hardware fix to prevent the CEL on V2 is figured out - is it an easy backwards compatiblity with the 1st generation GT Exhaust? Or is that an ECU fix to get rid of the CEL?

Secondly - how does the cash back incentive work for those that purchase the current GT Race? i.e. we post the video on Youtube and.. a cheque ('check' in the US) is sent to us? Can we convert that that credit to other accessorie - i.e. scoops instead?
We have put development of v2 on hold since we cant get our v2 prototype back. The owner continues to say he will bring his car back but never does.

The incentives must be redeemed within 40 days of the order ship date. Those of you who have parts of the exhaust can not stack the special. It has to be purchased from us as a complete package. Post a youtube video (minimum 30 seconds) within 30 days of the purchase/order ship date. The tags or title of the video must have "RPI", "Race Precision" and "exhaust" in it. You can add other key words if you want (i.e. "RPi exhaust on E92 M3). Videos must be of decent quality and the sound of the exhaust should be clear. When the videos are posted, contact us with the link. Once we verify everything, we can credit your cc (one used in the original order) or give you store credit.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #268
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
Philippines
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M3

heres a link of my RPI axle-back exhaust. the video doesnt do this exhaust justice, it sounds much better in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM-kwFtX29w
      05-17-2009, 05:08 AM   #269
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Anthony I gotta hear that!

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #270
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

Where in your V2 is the resonator/rasp reducer? Its likely back where the primary cats coming off the headers would be, right? If you guys ever get that V2 back what would be the "trade" criteria?

Either way just waiting to have the time (and to have someone tell me how to disconnect the battery) to ge the ECU to you and after its tuned I will give you guys the full review plus a great YouTube video.

Last edited by NFDoms2k1; 05-18-2009 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Removed a quote - not referenced
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 01:25 AM   #271
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Anthony I gotta hear that!
just give me a call bro.
      05-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #272
gogoevo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Porsche 997.2 TTS

Greetings all,

I have been lurking this site for some time and now have something to share.

Today, I had the full RPi race exhaust installed. Video and pictures will follow at a later date as it is raining now and the car is a mess.

First impressions were confirmed by a Tahoe's alarm going off during the dyno pull. It is loud, very loud! You can feel it in your chest standing behind the car.

As mentioned above, I will have more information within a few days. For now here are the results of the dyno pulls. I am VERY disappointed with the tourqe gains, however, I was told that the car needs time to "learn" with a free flowing exhaust We will see.

That said, I will be doing more dyno pulls next week.

Only other performance mod is a Macht Schnell filter.

Enjoy!

Temp 55 F

[/IMG]

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #273
naveenb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoevo View Post
Greetings all,

Today, I had the full RPi race exhaust installed. Video and pictures will follow at a later date as it is raining now and the car is a mess.

First impressions were confirmed by a Tahoe's alarm going off during the dyno pull. It is loud, very loud! You can feel it in your chest standing behind the car.

As mentioned above, I will have more information within a few days. For now here are the results of the dyno pulls. I am VERY disappointed with the tourqe gains, however, I was told that the car needs time to "learn" with a free flowing exhaust We will see.

Enjoy!

Temp 55 F

[/IMG]

21 horsepower gain!!!

WANTED:
Audi S4<Audi S5<BMW M3 sedan<Audi RS5
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #274
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Greetings all,

Enjoy!

Temp 55 F

[/IMG]

Ah dynojet. Why did the person dynoing your car start the sampling later with our exhaust then with the stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #275
d_dot
4 * General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo

I will be posting my thoughts shortly as well. just waiting for my ecu to get here ! but the deep bass is crazy when u stand outside the car as it is idiling.
      05-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #276
gogoevo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

That is a very good question. I will ask when I visit him next week. I am not savvy with the workings of dyno pulls. Perhaps you could offer some insight as to why the torque gains are they way they are?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
Ah dynojet. Why did the person dynoing your car start the sampling later with our exhaust then with the stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #277
gogoevo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
I don't see anything wrong with the torque gains. Why are you so diappointed?
Well, unless I'm reading it wrong, RPi claims a 30ft/lbs+ gain in torque. It appears to me that I gained 9?! Please keep in mind I am new to dyno testing and wish to learn. Any truth to the "computer needs to learn" statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
like to add your results to the Dyno Database. Since you used a non-standard correction methiod (you used STD instead of SAE), can you get your two dyno files from the shop, and let me repost them with the standard correction formulas? I'll then add them to the Dyno Database.

Send me RunFile_001.drf and RunFile_004.drf...and I'll do the rest.
I will see what I can do.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #278
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well, unless I'm reading it wrong, RPi claims a 30ft/lbs+ gain in torque. It appears to me that I gained 9?! Please keep in mind I am new to dyno testing and wish to learn. Any truth to the "computer needs to learn" statement?

I will see what I can do.
your computer does not need to learn. All it takes is a few hard pulls on the dyno. On a dynojet, if the straps are not tied down with the same tension, the hp/tq will change. For example, if they tied it down tighter after the exhaust was installed, the gains would be different. Also, on the dynojet, they hit the green button to start sampling or datalogging the acceleration of the dyno drum. How the runs are sampled will vary the graph outcome. That is one of the reasons why we do TONS of runs to develope consistent numbers before we compare them. How does the car feel? It it was only 9wtq, you wouldnt feel that much of a difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #279
gogoevo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't had a chance to really push the car so I can't comment on how it feels just yet, but it sounds phenomenal! This weekend I hope to get some videos posted and some further thoughts on the system. I will also be going back to the dyno for a few more pulls.

Now that you mention the straps and their tension, I recall that he never unhooked the straps from the stock pull. He simply pulled the car forward on the lift, installed the system, then placed the car back on the dyno tightening the straps as he backed up.

Quote:
your computer does not need to learn. All it takes is a few hard pulls on the dyno. On a dynojet, if the straps are not tied down with the same tension, the hp/tq will change. For example, if they tied it down tighter after the exhaust was installed, the gains would be different. Also, on the dynojet, they hit the green button to start sampling or datalogging the acceleration of the dyno drum. How the runs are sampled will vary the graph outcome. That is one of the reasons why we do TONS of runs to develope consistent numbers before we compare them. How does the car feel? It it was only 9wtq, you wouldnt feel that much of a difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #280
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Slightly off-topic...How much hp/tq is lost if the midpipes are straight instead of an "X" design? I don't suppose you have a dyno graph of this? I'm torn between yours & the Agency Power. They claim no lost in hp/tq but need more concrete info. Thx!

- Jimmy

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #281
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Are there any current sponsors selling the full RPi GT exhaust system? I know Eurodyne was selling it for the price on the RPi site but with free shipping. I am looking to buy it this week. Thanks.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #282
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't had a chance to really push the car so I can't comment on how it feels just yet, but it sounds phenomenal! This weekend I hope to get some videos posted and some further thoughts on the system. I will also be going back to the dyno for a few more pulls.

Now that you mention the straps and their tension, I recall that he never unhooked the straps from the stock pull. He simply pulled the car forward on the lift, installed the system, then placed the car back on the dyno tightening the straps as he backed up.
If you loosen the straps, you have to tighten them again which can change the hp readings if they are not strapped down the same. Drive the car HARD.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #283
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Slightly off-topic...How much hp/tq is lost if the midpipes are straight instead of an "X" design? I don't suppose you have a dyno graph of this? I'm torn between yours & the Agency Power. They claim no lost in hp/tq but need more concrete info. Thx!

- Jimmy
It was about 12whp loss. NO I dont have the dyno graph to post on here. Ita all in our database during r&d. Remember we design all of our own stuff and they are ALL made here in the US, not imported from Asia.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 02:23 AM   #284
gogoevo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

First attempt at video editing. Further comments to come on this awesome system!

Thanks, Eloy! Excellent service and fast shipping. Enjoy

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 03:15 AM   #285
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
Philippines
Rep

do u have the x pipe and cat delete?
      05-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #286
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
It was about 12whp loss. NO I dont have the dyno graph to post on here. Ita all in our database during r&d. Remember we design all of our own stuff and they are ALL made here in the US, not imported from Asia.
Thx for the info! How much torque was loss? If that's the case then I'm completely baffled why another brand would make straight pipes where the "X" should be. Any updates on the "service engine soon/CEL" bypass for the header-back version? Thx!

'17 95B GTS

Last edited by Nucking Futs!; 05-30-2009 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0