BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

01-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #1
E46tknv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Fs: 2008 bmw e90 m3 aw/blk

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 27,000.00

Item Interest
PM me directly for quicker responses.
Car is currently sitting on winter setup. Summer wheels are stored indoors.

Please do not ask if apex wheels are for sale. If you buy the car you will get 2 sets of wheels

For sale:
2008 BMW E90 M3 W/ Navigation, NO SUNROOF
68,XXX Miles
6 Speed Manual
Alpine White Exterior
Black Interior
Carbon Fiber leather trim
Price: $27k

Maintenance performed since taking ownership of the car at around 60K Miles:
Work Done @ Auto Couture Motoring who specialize in the S65 platform
-Rod Bearings, WPC treated with APR 625 bolts (Broken in for 1K miles under 3000 rpm)
-4 wheel alignment following the rod bearing work since sub frame had to be dropped
-Motor mounts (when I did rod bearings)
-Oil Filter Housing Gasket
-Coolant Flush
-OEM Oil Pan Replacement
-Oil Changes with Castrol 10w60
Misc. work done on my own
-Valve cover gasket with spark plug tubes from FCP Euro(Done 7/24/2019)
-OEM Spark plugs(<200 miles old)
-Throttle Actuators (Bank 1 done@59K miles at Motorcepts, Bank 2 done 5/11/2019)
-Replace driveshaft due to metal bat sound from take-off.

In conclusion, the vehicle has been properly maintained with small AND big ticket items that you will experience as an owner for the S65 platform. Luckily for the next owner, I have already addressed and corrected them. I have separated the maintenance items between what I was able to take care of what was under the hood vs digging under the car. I have a folder for receipts for work done to this car and even have an itemized receipt for every nut and bolt that has been replaced during rod bearing service. Before I took ownership, vehicle seemed to have maintenance done at the BMW dealership and at least one trip to Motorcepts for an oil change and a throttle actuator. There is close to about 10K worth of work invested into the vehicle in maintenance items alone that I was held responsible for plus what other owner has done.

Besides having a well maintained car, there is more. As soon as I bought the vehicle back in the October 2018, I signed up for a car wash membership at a brushless wash. I made it a mission to come here at least 1-2x a week to keep the car happy before taking it out for a drive. When Spring came about, I cancelled the membership and decided to hand wash it myself at least 1x a week. I spent more time cleaning the car then actually driving it as you see in the mileage (About 5K a year). I worked M-F and used my daily for 90% of my commute so the M3 sat in the driveway during the week and taken out for the weekend. This was the case for the previous owner as well. Previous owner worked in the city and took public transportation while the M3 sat in the garage. NEVER TRACKED

Some mods:
LCI tail light conversation (done by previous owner)
Megan exhaust (few months old)
Carbon fiber splitters
LUX Angel eyes
Alpine Stage 1 tune (will include software and cable)
2 sets of wheels
(1) Winter set: Style 189 wheels powdercoated orange wrapped in Nokian Hakkapelita H8 studded tires
(2) Summer set is Apex Arc 8, 18x10 ET 25/ 18x10.5 ET27, wrapped in Toyo Proxes R888R
Roof wrapped in black (did it myself, didn’t come out so good)
Black grills
Black side fin
tinted windows

Is this what you’re looking for? Excessively maintained car with the color combo/options you wanted?

Heres the bad:
Vehicle was involved in a side swipe accident, unfortunarely. Car has a CLEAN title, not rebuilt or salvage, on hand from New York. It was from the previous owner. Previous owner was hit on the driver side door. NO FRAME DAMAGE. Vehicle was professionally repaired at Martino Auto Concepts. If you don’t know who they are, it is a specialty shop in Long Island that works on exotics mostly and building wide body cars. I was very skeptical buying this vehicle initially with an accident on the Carfax but ended up paying no mind to it because it was incredibly clean. I have endless amounts of conversations documented between myself and previous owner as well as documented conversations between previous owner and Carfax attempting to correct it. If we must, we can get in touch with previous owner to put you at ease since we did have an easy and smooth transaction and would be around if need be for the next owner.
I am well aware that you may be skeptical as well. The integrity of the vehicle has been ruined by Carfax by adding “Involved in accident” unfortunately and they will not do anything to help. There have been plenty of occurrences of Carfax screwing things up so I cannot always use them as a liable source.
Currently a lien on it but can handle that easily when we cross that bridge.

Overall, I can speak for the vehicle and it is an absolute gem. Yes, it has that accident. I wouldn’t get so caught up in it. Besides an accident, it has been sought over by a very meticulous/anal owner(ME) who cares for his cars. At the end of the day, you will be buying a clean car with low miles and heavily maintained. Whether you choose to buy something for lesser value, you will need to go through majority of what I went through with this car.

I will have very detailed photos posted on Tuesday since I’ll be away this weekend. What is posted is what I have sitting on my phone for now to grab some interest.

Attached Images

Last edited by E46tknv; 02-17-2020 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
E46tknv
Private First Class
Rep

Photos updated

Last edited by E46tknv; 02-03-2020 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Is the LCI conversion all OEM bmw parts? Do you have any stock wheels? Firm on price?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #4
E46tknv
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Is the LCI conversion all OEM bmw parts? Do you have any stock wheels? Firm on price?
Not sure about OEM bmw parts since I did not do the swap.

No stock wheels. Firm on price.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #5
E46tknv
Private First Class
Rep

Just reached a hair last 68K miles
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #6
E46tknv
Private First Class