Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!
BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #1
gouda-buddh
Rep
Drives: M3

Need Advice 1st BMW! M3 as well!

Hey Everybody!!

A forum member suggested I post in this section of the forum to get more/better responses.

I am close to joining the M3 community! My first BMW purchase! I do need some help and expertise! I have done a lot of research, however, some of the threads don't answer exactly my questions.

BMW 2013 M3
Approx 1000ish Miles
Alpine White/Black Novillo Leather
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
M DCT Trans
19" Alloy Double-Spoke wheels
Not CPO
Clean CarFax
Asking Mid-60

1. What would be a good deal on this vehicle? Mid 50?

2. What would be a resonable deal on this vehicle? High 50?

3. Is it safe to buy this vehicle from a BMW dealer without CPO? If not should I ask for it? It is only 1k Miles

4. What should I look for?

5. If it is sold by the dealer do I still need to bring a mechanic to make sure everything is okay? Or does BMW dealers have a standard they have to follow inorder to sell a used vehicle?

6. Lastly since this BMW is still in the break in phase, is there any way to tell if the previous miles have been broken in properly? Engine sound? Probably not, but worth asking.

Last of all Thank You for the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
Wilsel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Currently seeking

Since it's so few miles I think high 50's would be a good deal honestly. It's one of the most sought after color combos, and is about as close to new as you will get with an E92 (except for maybe a few Lime Rock Park and Frozen editions that are being stored). I would certainly try to get it CPO'd if you can. Cheaper for the dealer to pay for it than for you to later. I guess that really depends on how many miles you plan on putting on it. If it's a fun weekend car for you I wouldn't pay extra for it. You get 2 additional years, but if you only put 5,000 miles on it in those years it's not providing you very much coverage.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 12:08 AM   #3
BzsBimmer
Brigadier General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M & 2015 F80 M3

Send a message via Yahoo to BzsBimmer
The dealer cost to CPO this is probably not warranted due to the low miles and I'm guessing condition of vehicle.
You should still have the factory warranty in place so CPO really isn't all that necessary.

Is the dealer willing to haggle on pricing based on NADA pricing? It's really depending on what you feel good about paying. Dealer pricing vs private party will be higher.

Cash or finance makes a difference as well if they want to haggle.
What you can do is ask the BMW dealer to show the PPI paperwork to you or have it done if they haven't.

Unless you can track down the prior owner or get BMW dealer to print out the DME info showing RPM's, max speed etc. you may never really know.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 12:42 AM   #4
fbm3cab
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Everything above, and as BzsBimmer says ask the dealer to see the DME to view the engines rpm history, if its acceptable then its a great deal.

You wont be able to get one with that low miles and that new in the future.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 01:46 AM   #5
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

I would say that's pretty much a brand new car. If you can get it for anywhere between 56-58k I would consider it a good deal. Anything less and would be a great deal.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 01:54 AM   #6
kepler
Drittes Pedal ist Pflicht
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP Stripper

Yup, much better to post your queries here than in the M3 purchase registry/thread. Whoever told you that is pretty sharp.

Here are my answers:

Mid-50s would be a great deal.

High 50s would be a good deal.

3. Is it safe to buy this vehicle from a BMW dealer without CPO? If not should I ask for it? It is only 1k Miles.

Yes, you should be fine.

If the dealership has good reviews and is trustworthy, I wouldn't be too worried. Perhaps ask some M3posters who are local to the dealership and see if one of them can swing by and take a look for you. It's a great community here and people are often happy to help.

5. If it is sold by the dealer do I still need to bring a mechanic to make sure everything is okay? Or does BMW dealers have a standard they have to follow inorder to sell a used vehicle?

I think you are worrying too much, unless the dealership has a bad reputation. With such low miles, and the fact that it's coming from a Bimmer dealership, you should be fine.

6. Lastly since this BMW is still in the break in phase, is there any way to tell if the previous miles have been broken in properly? Engine sound? Probably not, but worth asking.

I think you are worrying too much.

Go get the car before someone else does -- harder and harder to find these E92 M3s with very low miles, trust me on that one. And let's see some pics!
...and too many Porsches to list them all.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #7
gbizzle
Fo Shizzle
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ZCP ///M3

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [3.63]
Good luck with that. The car has 1k miles and is a 2013, it just probably will not happen.

High $50k would be a great deal!

3. Is it safe to buy this vehicle from a BMW dealer without CPO? If not should I ask for it? It is only 1k Miles
You could, but expect to be in the $60k range. The car has a 4 year warranty, and should still have nearly 3 years left!

If it has been wrecked and if title is clean. Mechanically, the car is new and under warranty, so you should not have anything to worry about. Just make sure the car received its 1200 mile break-in service.

I think this would be a complete waste of time. The car has 1k miles on it and is under factory warranty. If issues arise while you own it, bring it in for service.

Not really unless you can go through the data log and see if it has ever hit max RPM or what top MPH it has hit. Once you buy it, then you can oversee that process and log all maintance that you have done to the vehicle.

The biggest thing to take away from this is the car is under warranty and you could be getting it basically new. I bought my 2011 e90 from Carmax with 2029 miles on the clock and got it for $53k. From that point on, I know exactly the maintance, break-in, etc. on the car. Prior to that, I took it into a BMW dealer and asked to see the service records; boom, I was happy. It had the 1200 service, so then I asked for an oil change and called it a day! To get this car at even $60k with the mileage on it is a plus because the original owner took a decent appreciation hit; granted you'd be taking some as well. Probably 2 years from now the car will be worth $40k. Regardless, see if you can get a good deal on it and drive it like you stole it

*M3 E90 OEM chrome grills, OEM pulley w/ belts for sale! If interested, please send me a PM.*

Last edited by gbizzle; 01-30-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 11:25 AM   #8
gouda-buddh
Rep

I would like to say thank you everyone for answering each of my questions with detail and patience. No backlash at all! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #9
Helmsman
Brigadier General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Sounds like a sweet opportunity buddy. Good luck and don't forget pic's!

Cheers
Appreciate 0