BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

BPM

08-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

National Capital Chapter BMWCCA Car Corral at Grand Prix of Baltimore
Two (2) & three (3) day Car Corral packages will go on sale Thursday, August 9th at 9am for our membership. We have a limited amount of race tickets, corral, and parking passes available so please register now before we sell out.

Our corral will be very similar to last year's outstanding inaugural event. We know we have a late start and many have already bought their race tickets, but we are also offering corral/parking only passes this year so you can join our party. Parking passes offer the closest location to the corral area and track, as well as, a safe guarded area for all day/all night parking. Our designated area is situated right next to the ALMS paddock where all the teams prep their cars and gives you a true up-close racing experience. Corral passes offer an outstanding value as it covers many benefits like coffee/food/drink throughout the weekend, seating areas and shelter from the sun/rain/heat, several high end door prizes from various sponsors, closed-circuit live TV viewing of several races, Central Liquors tasting booth, an exclusive 'meet & greet' with Bobby Rahal and the RLL race team, and much more!

Race tickets are also available as we have secured upper grandstand seating in Grandstand 9 located outside the track. These seats offer an excellent view of a long straightaway in between Turn 10 & 11 and directly across from a Jumbotron to watch the entire race.

For those who attended last year, you know you don't want to miss this event, and first-timers are guaranteed a great time!!

START REGISTRATION HERE

Last edited by pseto; 08-22-2012 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but should be the last year of the M3 GT racing in the US. Come check them out at BGP!!!

We have a special 'meet & greet' set up with Bobby Rahal and his drivers at our corral. You think they'll give us the truth?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...to-z4-in-2013/

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page

Last edited by pseto; 08-09-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

Thanks Paul! Ordered my tickets today.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

8/13 update - we have close to 130 people for our corral and climbing!! registration will close 1 week from today unless we sellout (which is very possible).

You don't want to miss out on this year since it'll be the last year for the e92 M3 GT in ALMS. And if you missed last year, go check out the pics from the inaugural event and tell me why you wouldn't want to come for 2012

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Only a few days left before registration closes!!! Order your tickets ASAP so you're not left out!

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

with a general admissions race ticket, can you freely enter and exit the race track grounds to go anywhere, not just the corral?

Last edited by mdosu; 08-18-2012 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
with a general admissions race ticket, can you freely enter and exit the race track grounds to go anywhere, not just the corral?
You need specific tickets for access to the grandstands, Indy and ALMS paddock area, as well as the corral tent and parking.

Last year, GA gave very few sight lines of the track. I'm not sure how the track will be setup this year.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
You need specific tickets for access to the grandstands, Indy and ALMS paddock area, as well as the corral tent and parking.

Last year, GA gave very few sight lines of the track. I'm not sure how the track will be setup this year.
GA is at turns 9 and 10 this year. I meant, in the middle of the day, can I freely exit the gates and go to a bar in Baltimore to meet up with friends and then come back into the gates?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
GA is at turns 9 and 10 this year. I meant, in the middle of the day, can I freely exit the gates and go to a bar in Baltimore to meet up with friends and then come back into the gates?
Yep, many people hung out at Pickles last year, especially with all the different racing circuits running all day

Last edited by pseto; 08-19-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

juggling my events for the weekend, funny thing is, I think I'll only go on Friday for the qualifying and practice sessions. I think I still need a paddock pass that day too.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
juggling my events for the weekend, funny thing is, I think I'll only go on Friday for the qualifying and practice sessions. I think I still need a paddock pass that day too.
Friday is actually a great day to go, but Saturday is party day

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #12
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Just a last minute reminder that registration will close for our BMWCCA Baltimore Grand Prix Car Corral on Monday night, Aug 20th at 11:59pm*

We'll have 150+ people in our corral, but we'd love for more members to come join our Labor Day weekend party. For those unfamiliar, this is our area's Daytona or Indy 500. As one of the only true-street courses in America, you'll be amazed at the show that these races put on. This will also be the last year of the BMW M3 GT in ALMS, so we'll be rooting hard for back-to-back wins after this weekend's big victory at Road America. Get your race tickets and parking/corral passes now by using the link below. So, come on out and celebrate more BMW success!

BMWCCA BGP LINK

For those who have already placed their orders, please verify that you selected the correct options. For example, this year's corral passes are a totally separate purchase from parking. We've seen several people choose parking passes only; however this will NOT give you access to our corral tent (this is a big change from last year). Thus, if you plan to park your BMW in our designated area and enjoy the food/drink and activities in our corral tent, please make sure you have both parking and corral passes.

Once registration closes, credit cards will be charged and we will be distributing tickets via US Mail to your address indicated in Motorsportreg.com (MSR). Please ensure your address is correct in MSR by using the link above; otherwise your tickets/passes could possibly be lost. BMW CCA will not responsible for any lost tickets.

Last edited by pseto; 08-22-2012 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Due to popular demand, we are extending the period to purchase car corral passes and parking! Come join more than 160+ BMW enthusiasts for our BGP Car Corral as we prepare for a great weekend of racing. Corral passes gives you access to the following:

* our covered tent away from the elements
* food/drink throughout the weekend
* special 'Meet & Greet' with the Rahal Letterman Lanigan (RLL) BMW M3 GT Team on both Fri and Sat
* closed circuit TV coverage of each race
* access to the ALMS paddock
* adult beverage tastings from Central Liquors
* and several other BMW corral-only activities.

In addition, we have some great door prizes you don't want to miss out on, including a free High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) weekend at Summit Point!

Parking in our car corral area is also available. We have the closest parking to the track in a private, BMW-only lot next to our corral tent which includes overnight security and assurance that your car won't be 'dinged' by others who don't care!

Please note that both corral passes and parking passes are both separate. Purchasing one does not give you access to the other.

We are no longer selling race tickets for our upper reserved grandstand 9 seats. You can still buy race tickets from www.raceonbaltimore.com or www.ticketmaster.com

BUY YOUR CORRAL AND PARKING PASSES HERE

Last edited by pseto; 08-24-2012 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

I've just confirmed that the RLL team will come to our tent on both Fri and Sat!! Unfortunately, I can't spill the beans on what they have in store for us, but it's VERY COOL!

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Perhaps a sneak peek in one of many door prizes for our car corral - special thanks to BMW of Silver Spring
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

This is it! The deadline is looming! Tomorrow midnight is the absolute last day to buy corral/parking passes. No walk-ups will be available and only those who bought corral passes will be allowed in our tent.

Thanks to our presence at Bimmerfest, we've received several commitments from companies offering even more door prizes. And, to sweeten the pot, we're giving away several weekends at our November HPDE on Summit Point Main.

If you haven't heard, the entire Rahal team will be visting our corral once again, but on both Friday and Saturday this year.

Come join us a fun-filled weekend at Baltimore Grand Prix, so get your passes now!

BUY YOUR BMWCCA CAR CORRAL/PARKING PASSES

Appreciate 0