BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-30-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
M3kimmo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Custom spring rate OEM type springs

Hi there

I´m running Swift springs at this moment, but willing to try a bit stiffer ones. Is there a company which can offer/build a set? I´m looking for a set which will fit directly just like original ones, or like Swift ones. Coilovers or HAS systems are not an option. I like to keep the suspensions look as original as possible.
The car is EDC car, and I´m fully aware of the shocks limitations, but this trial is quite easy to change back if the package wont work. Will appreciate any tip where to go. Thx

I e-mailed to Swift about this, but so far have not received any response.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 02:47 PM   #2
ornicar
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3kimmo View Post
Hi there

I´m running Swift springs at this moment, but willing to try a bit stiffer ones. Is there a company which can offer/build a set? I´m looking for a set which will fit directly just like original ones, or like Swift ones. Coilovers or HAS systems are not an option. I like to keep the suspensions look as original as possible.
The car is EDC car, and I´m fully aware of the shocks limitations, but this trial is quite easy to change back if the package wont work. Will appreciate any tip where to go. Thx

I e-mailed to Swift about this, but so far have not received any response.
Try maybe the Ohlins springs from their R&T kit.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 10:45 PM   #3
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Stiffer than Swift on stock (and likely worn) dampers is most likely going to ride like sh!t.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 07:11 AM   #4
M3kimmo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Hmm, how close those Swift ones are from "ragged edge"? Spring rate for those are 279lbs front and 670lbs rear. What I´m looking for is 350lbs front and 750lbs rear. I feel that front side especially is bit soft. I can always go back if the direction is wrong. I´m just looking for a place to purchase a set springs and try them.

The car is 30k miles driven and very well kept, so I dont think the shocks are worn out. EDC software has been changed to LCI Competion version. Not much, but still better than old (2008) one. Everybody warned me about not to change the rear subframe bushings from rubber to aluminum/spherical joints. Subframe mountings/rear control arm inner bushing are from Millway, and all other control arm bushings has been changed to spherical ones. Final drive (3.62 ratio with Drexler GT4 locking devise) is mounted with new original rubber bushings. Also front tension struts has been modified from rubber bushings to spherical ones. The car is way more precise to drive. And the higher gear ratio with very nice differential even raised the pleasure of push the car through curved asphalt roads.

The picture shows the overall condition of the car. It has never seen dirty roads, and every change has been made so that original parts (brakes, rear subframe, final drive, control arms etc) has been stored untouched. So far I have not found any "cons" to what´s been changed...other than cost :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Stiffer than Swift on stock (and likely worn) dampers is most likely going to ride like sh!t.
Attached Images

Last edited by M3kimmo; 10-01-2022 at 07:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 05:50 PM   #5
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 6spd & 2011 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
I can confirm, swift springs on stock dampers (even my 50k miles ones) is under dampened. Just got B8s and it's much better. My car is fairly light and I think I could still use a little slower rebound. A heavier car will effectively reduce spring rate and I thik B8s would control them perfectly well.

I anticipate needing better dampers at some point, but got new b8s for $700 on BF.