BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

04-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #991
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozaiya View Post
how are you guys contacting him? i could never get him to reply me anything
Whatsapp.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 06:26 AM   #992
Beemr
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335d e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemr View Post
I just installed the kremersino Bluetooth combox carplay but Waze and maps has no sound, music works through Bluetooth perfectly. Iv seen guys on here who's are saying Waze and maps sounds work. Any help appreciated
They're supposedly working on a software update to address these issues, but its been delayed due to covid-19 (per Michael at Kremersino). I'll ping him again to see if there's been any progress made yet.

Update: On Sunday, Michael responded and said "Yes, there is new software available" and that he'd e-mail it to me once he got back into the office the next day. Three days later, nothing. I've followed up with him again and this morning (Wednesday) he said he has to "check with colleague".. so at this point I'm not sure if there really is an update available. I'll keep following up.

Haven't been driving much lately but it would still be nice to get the audio switching issues ironed out.
Quote:
Quote:
I just installed the kremersino Bluetooth combox carplay but Waze and maps has no sound, music works through Bluetooth perfectly. Iv seen guys on here who's are saying Waze and maps sounds work. Any help appreciated
They're supposedly working on a software update to address these issues, but its been delayed due to covid-19 (per Michael at Kremersino). I'll ping him again to see if there's been any progress made yet.

Update: On Sunday, Michael responded and said "Yes, there is new software available" and that he'd e-mail it to me once he got back into the office the next day. Three days later, nothing. I've followed up with him again and this morning (Wednesday) he said he has to "check with colleague".. so at this point I'm not sure if there really is an update available. I'll keep following up.

Haven't been driving much lately but it would still be nice to get the audio switching issues ironed out.
Keep us posted please would love for the issues to be ironed out then it would be a great addition
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #993
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Keep us posted please would love for the issues to be ironed out then it would be a great addition
Will do. I've followed up with them again (during our evenings which is their morning/early afternoon time) but zero response so far.
Appreciate 1
Beemr7.50
      05-01-2020, 10:45 AM   #994
Beemr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Will do. I've followed up with them again (during our evenings which is their morning/early afternoon time) but zero response so far.
Quote:
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure some guys on here have had Waze work with the Bluetooth kit
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #995
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure some guys on here have had Waze work with the Bluetooth kit
I use Waze with wireless carplay every time I'm in the car.. works great, although there's no Waze audio (not sure if there is supposed to be though).
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #996
Beemr
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I use Waze with wireless carplay every time I'm in the car.. works great, although there's no Waze audio (not sure if there is supposed to be though).
Quote:
Quote:
Same, I was using it but no audio from any maps apps., I figured it out though but not fixed as back end software needs looking at. So what happens is when maps needs audio it uses the telephone Bluetooth module rather than enhanced Bluetooth. No idea why but all of the maps do it. I found google maps audio coming in and out while pressing the icon to speak to it.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:04 AM   #997
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Michael sent the upgrade.. said its specific to the wireless carplay for CIC (which is what I have). I'll be testing it today and will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #998
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Michael sent the upgrade.. said its specific to the wireless carplay for CIC (which is what I have). I'll be testing it today and will keep you posted.
Well that is good news. Which wireless carplay do you have? The early one that used aux in or the newer version that uses combox BT for audio in?

Is it just me or did the previous update add dynamic parking lines to the backup camera? I don't remember those being there when I installed it last fall.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #999
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smass View Post
Well that is good news. Which wireless carplay do you have? The early one that used aux in or the newer version that uses combox BT for audio in?

Is it just me or did the previous update add dynamic parking lines to the backup camera? I don't remember those being there when I installed it last fall.
I have the newer version that uses combox for BT audio. I use the factory rear view camera system so I didn't notice any change with the backup camera.

What I want to see fixed is:

- The inconsistent connection at startup. Sometimes it doesn't auto-pair and connect to carplay, so I have to manually go to my iPhone / Settings / Bluetooth and pair to carplay.

- Audio switching from music to the telephone. Currently, when switching from music to the telephone, it doesn't always switch to the BMW factory bluetooth, therefore there's no audio/microphone on a telephone call. I have to manually switch the BT audio on the phone from "Carplay" over to the BMW source for phone calls to work properly.

- Siri audio/text message audio would be nice.. I don't really use this, but would be good to have.

I just installed the update, seemed to update just fine, took about a minute or so. Due to how inconsistent the issues were, it'll take me a bit to determine if things are better or not. I'll test it out this afternoon and will report back here!
Appreciate 1
Iyzmi802.00
      05-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #1000
PaddyM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

I have recently installed the Joyeauto wireless CarPlay, havent put on the update above yet, but am getting battery warning messages, have the car on a trickle charge while i find out what the issue is, will the update help? my battery is tired anyway and needs to be changed i think but is there any reason the box would ad to the draw on the battery massively?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 01:29 PM   #1001
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just went for a drive, getting in and out of the car a few times.. I deleted my existing carplay pairing and re-paired from scratch just to be thorough. Unfortunately I don't notice much improvement. Auto-connect is still hit and miss, and I a couple of times I had to switch the audio back to BMW for music. Siri still doesn't activate the factory mic.

The one improvement I did notice was that every time I was listening to music, then made a phone call, it did consistently switch over to the BMW factory bluetooth for the call, so the phone call worked as expected. I made about 10 calls over the course of 30 minutes (just to test) and every single time it did switch over to the BMW BT for each call, so this is an improvement.

I'll chat with Michael later tonight (its the middle of the night in China right now) to discuss it with him further.
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy683.50
      05-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #1002
PaddyM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Did the MCU update to see if that solved the problem, or at least i think i did the MCU update, am i correct in saying, plug the usb into the CarPlay box itself and boot it up, the blue bulb flashes but nothing on screen. this threw up all sorts of errors on my car, DSC SOS phone, tyre pressure etc etc.
Is there a way to revert back to the old MCU?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #1003
Tamas
Rep
Drives: BMW 320X

This is the latest firmware, right?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 01:18 PM   #1004
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Just went for a drive, getting in and out of the car a few times.. I deleted my existing carplay pairing and re-paired from scratch just to be thorough. Unfortunately I don't notice much improvement. Auto-connect is still hit and miss, and I a couple of times I had to switch the audio back to BMW for music. Siri still doesn't activate the factory mic.

The one improvement I did notice was that every time I was listening to music, then made a phone call, it did consistently switch over to the BMW factory bluetooth for the call, so the phone call worked as expected. I made about 10 calls over the course of 30 minutes (just to test) and every single time it did switch over to the BMW BT for each call, so this is an improvement.

I'll chat with Michael later tonight (its the middle of the night in China right now) to discuss it with him further.
I updated my Kremersino Combox ACP module yesterday as well.

I noticed my auto-connect doesn't behave that well when the iPhone is already connected to a working WiFi. This behavior seems to be related to wireless ACP as it does the same thing with my wife's M2 with native wireless ACP. The auto-connect seems to work out better when you are out of the range of an existing wifi.

Siri wasn't activating with the BT mic consistently either and Siri read to text didn't work either. This is a bummer cause reading the text is a benefit for me when I'm driving. This also meant it wouldn't switch GPS notifications either because for some reason it uses the BT mic mono channels.

I had the same note that the BT phone calls were working properly and switching back and forth so that is a good sign.

Notes:

I did notice that there are two BT options. One of them is the stereo for BT streaming and the other is use of mic. That only seem to pop up when Siri was activated for something or Waze/GoogleMaps.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #1005
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
I noticed my auto-connect doesn't behave that well when the iPhone is already connected to a working WiFi. This behavior seems to be related to wireless ACP as it does the same thing with my wife's M2 with native wireless ACP. The auto-connect seems to work out better when you are out of the range of an existing wifi..
That's interesting.. I never noticed this but now that I think about it, I believe this is accurate.. when I'm out away from home and get in the car, it does tend to auto-connect more often than it does when I'm at home.

Did you let Michael know there are still issues with siri/messages etc? I did, but I think the more feedback they get, the better. I am happy about the audio source for the telephone switching properly - so far this hasn't been an issue again after that update.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #1006
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
That's interesting.. I never noticed this but now that I think about it, I believe this is accurate.. when I'm out away from home and get in the car, it does tend to auto-connect more often than it does when I'm at home.

Did you let Michael know there are still issues with siri/messages etc? I did, but I think the more feedback they get, the better. I am happy about the audio source for the telephone switching properly - so far this hasn't been an issue again after that update.
I Just sent him an email about my issues with Siri not working and not reading texts or nav voice.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 07:18 PM   #1007
Fede16
Argentina
Rep
Drives: bmw 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
This is the latest firmware, right?
yes!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #1008
yashu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
As discussed in this post if you are getting KCAN fault you can try following solution.

Please try this at your own risk.

Following were my car specs and fault code details.

BMW-E90 LCI with CIC and Combox media

Joyeauto Carplay for CIC with aftermarket joyeauto reverse camera and dvr system (front and back)

Fault Code Details after CARPLAY installation
Primary Fault - This error would stay as long as the carplay is installed as oppose to other intermittent fault codes

00E2C4 - CON- K-CAN Line fault

Secondary Fault - These errors would appear randomly while driving. The visual sign was DTC/DSC deactivation symbol would appear on the screen, temper protection dot would appear on the KOMBI (odometer cluster).

00E2D6 - Message (kilometre reading, 0x330) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter KOMBI
00E2D4 - Message (terminal status, 0x130) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter Car Access System

Visually it would look something like shown in the pic.

Error explanation to the best of my knowledge.
System detects KCAN fault on the controller module (CON)-which is nothing but your Idrive knob module. As KCAN line connects other modules like KOMBI and CAS (Odometer Cluster and Car Access Control), it starts throwing out random error, as it thinks that there is KCAN fault and it cannot send information. Also as CAS (car access system) module needs to sync with KOMBI (EEPROM) and Car Key to sync the Odometer reading through the KCAN line, failure to do so, will result in tamper dot, which generally signifies that mileage data in CAS doesn't match with the one in KOMBI or Car Key.

When I removed the CARPLAY everything was back to normal and there was no fault code.

So what is causing this error - again to the best of my knowledge (and some help from experts in other forums)
KCAN in BMW E90 works on a certain voltage range.
During idle KCAN High and KCAN Low both are at 2.5 V
During engage KCAN High goes to 3.75 V and KCAN Low to 1.25 V
Any deviation from these values (and certain error percentage built in), system registers a fault in a particular module. I used multi meter to measure the KCAN voltage with and without CARPLAY, with CARPLAY KCAN high was around 12 V and KCAN low was fixed at 1.25 V, so the problem was with KCAN High resulting in CON module KCAN line fault.

Solution: What all you need
1. Upgrade your MCU to the latest version - Jan 19 2020 (get the file here, how to?)
2. Upgrade your SDK to the latest version - 25.0.0.4.0.0.12.4 (get the file here, how to?)

These upgrades are expected to solve this problem, but unfortunately for me it did not. For the next steps you would need the following tools as well as some coding knowledge using NCSEXPERT (specific to E series)

3. You would need BMW Standard tools (get the file here)
4. You would also need K+DCAN connector or if you prefer ICOM to code your Car (costly affair)
5. Using NCSExpert (learn here) you need to get the trace file for ZBE module (same as CON module) and change the following line as highlighted below (refer picture also). Post that you can use "SGCODERIN" command to load the new .MAN file and you will be good to go.

Change this
PHP Code:
U_MIN_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
and also change this
PHP Code:
U_MAX_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
This should do the trick, at least for me it has worked like a charm and no error (permanent or intermittent) for last 4 days. Other forum members can test this and report back if this actually solves the problem. I will update the post accordingly basis any further observations or outcomes.
Thanks Youb for all the documentations and helping us through multiple questions, this works as stated and no more errors on dash. As a matter of fact Enrique from Joyeauto did confirm this is the only way around, at least for now.

One last help, before update settings icon had BMW logo, any chance if I can get it back?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #1009
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashu View Post
Thanks Youb for all the documentations and helping us through multiple questions, this works as stated and no more errors on dash. As a matter of fact Enrique from Joyeauto did confirm this is the only way around, at least for now.

One last help, before update settings icon had BMW logo, any chance if I can get it back?
Enter setup interface->Carplay->use 1123 as password->select BMW Logo
      05-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #1010
deme87
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89

Quote:
As discussed in this post if you are getting KCAN fault you can try following solution.

Joyeauto Carplay for CIC with aftermarket joyeauto reverse camera and dvr system (front and back)

Primary Fault - This error would stay as long as the carplay is installed as oppose to other intermittent fault codes

Secondary Fault - These errors would appear randomly while driving. The visual sign was DTC/DSC deactivation symbol would appear on the screen, temper protection dot would appear on the KOMBI (odometer cluster).

00E2D6 - Message (kilometre reading, 0x330) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter KOMBI
00E2D4 - Message (terminal status, 0x130) faulty, receiver CON, transmitter Car Access System

System detects KCAN fault on the controller module (CON)-which is nothing but your Idrive knob module. As KCAN line connects other modules like KOMBI and CAS (Odometer Cluster and Car Access Control), it starts throwing out random error, as it thinks that there is KCAN fault and it cannot send information. Also as CAS (car access system) module needs to sync with KOMBI (EEPROM) and Car Key to sync the Odometer reading through the KCAN line, failure to do so, will result in tamper dot, which generally signifies that mileage data in CAS doesn't match with the one in KOMBI or Car Key.

When I removed the CARPLAY everything was back to normal and there was no fault code.

So what is causing this error - again to the best of my knowledge (and some help from experts in other forums)
Any deviation from these values (and certain error percentage built in), system registers a fault in a particular module. I used multi meter to measure the KCAN voltage with and without CARPLAY, with CARPLAY KCAN high was around 12 V and KCAN low was fixed at 1.25 V, so the problem was with KCAN High resulting in CON module KCAN line fault.

1. Upgrade your MCU to the latest version - Jan 19 2020 (get the file here, how to?)
2. Upgrade your SDK to the latest version - 25.0.0.4.0.0.12.4 (get the file here, how to?)

These upgrades are expected to solve this problem, but unfortunately for me it did not. For the next steps you would need the following tools as well as some coding knowledge using NCSEXPERT (specific to E series)

4. You would also need K+DCAN connector or if you prefer ICOM to code your Car (costly affair)
5. Using NCSExpert (learn here) you need to get the trace file for ZBE module (same as CON module) and change the following line as highlighted below (refer picture also). Post that you can use "SGCODERIN" command to load the new .MAN file and you will be good to go.

Change this
PHP Code:
U_MIN_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
and also change this
PHP Code:
U_MAX_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
This should do the trick, at least for me it has worked like a charm and no error (permanent or intermittent) for last 4 days. Other forum members can test this and report back if this actually solves the problem. I will update the post accordingly basis any further observations or outcomes.
Hi youbarajs and thanks for the info.
I have a 2014 E89 Z4 and I have already ordered the Joyeauto unit (before reading this) and I am waiting for it to be shipped. Do you think it will have the same issues (k-can) as with the E90 models? Do these cars share the same electronics?
Lastly is your box the latest one or the one with the four screw holes on the sides?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #1011
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deme87 View Post
Quote:

Change this
PHP Code:
U_MIN_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
and also change this
PHP Code:
U_MAX_FS_Z
anlieferzustand
wert_01 
to this
PHP Code:
wert_02 
Hi youbarajs and thanks for the info.
I have a 2014 E89 Z4 and I have already ordered the Joyeauto unit (before reading this) and I am waiting for it to be shipped. Do you think it will have the same issues (k-can) as with the E90 models? Do these cars share the same electronics?
Lastly is your box the latest one or the one with the four screw holes on the sides?
Thanks
We installed this in my friend's 2013 Z4 and It did not had the error, only very few EU E90 have KCAN error, (investigation revealed it is to do with IDrive controller module with following part no.65829334611, but there may be other parameters).

Mine was the latest CarPlay box.

Good luck for your installation!
      05-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #1012
deme87
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89

The part no. for my car is different but they look almost identical.
Hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0