BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #23
MightyM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I would go enclosed, look into Uship. I used Uship to ship my M3 enclosed from PA - FL, costed me $700. Constant updates and truck driver arrived within a few days after pickup. You can get very low rates because trucks need to fill up inventory last minute sometimes, the M3 took a ride along side a few Ferraris and even a Phantom. Side note they even let me move the Phantom out of the way when loading my car which was a very cool experience. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 08:20 AM   #24
Garry Simon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

https://tempuslogix.com/

Tempus Logix moved my M4 last week from Los Angeles to Miami. I am very pleased with their work. Recommend!!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 04:09 PM   #25
ws6616
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 Space Gray

Having my car shipped from seller in FL to SoCal through Montway. End up going with open for $1100-ish.
Having it come in dirty does not bother me because first stop will be my friend's detailing shop for a wash, and depending on their schedule a paint correction and ceramic coating.

So far the rep (AJ) and his coworkers are being very helpful with my questions and requests. We shall see how it turns out!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 09:30 PM   #26
badarsh2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: LMB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6616 View Post
Having my car shipped from seller in FL to SoCal through Montway. End up going with open for $1100-ish.
Having it come in dirty does not bother me because first stop will be my friend's detailing shop for a wash, and depending on their schedule a paint correction and ceramic coating.

So far the rep (AJ) and his coworkers are being very helpful with my questions and requests. We shall see how it turns out!
Had my E92 M3 shipped enclosed with Montway 6 months ago from FL to Long Island for $1000 (Montway is only a shipment management company, they assign the shipment to freight operators under their network). They were pretty good, the trailer in which my car was shipped also had a Huracan Performante, a 992, a C63S and a Macan. My only compliant was that they arrived 2 days late, but otherwise, their overall handling was on point.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 06:21 AM   #27
ws6616
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 Space Gray

so a quick update. Car was supposed to be picked up on Wednesday but on Monday the trucking company they contract with said there's something wrong with the truck so they had to delay the pick up one day. Even though I was hoping to get it delivered on Sunday so I don't have to switch shift on Monday to take delivery but it is what it is. Minus one point on that.

Then, the truck driver picked up the car on late evening on Thursday, and didn't call my seller to let him know when to expect him. My seller sat on his ass all day, waiting. I had to call the truck driver to get an ETA.

I was expecting an email from Montway to let me know the car has been picked up, and now 3 days later, nothing. No update. Minus 2 points on that.

I'll call the driver today (Sunday) and ask if he can deliver on Monday and what time, because I do have to make arrangements for taking delivery.

On the plus side, Montway seemed like they were willing to work with having backup address to deliver the car to in case I cannot get out of work to take delivery. The rep seemed helpful but I don't know how it will turn out. I will add one point for the rep's handling of the situation.

So far, Montway is getting a 8/10 score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badarsh2 View Post
Had my E92 M3 shipped enclosed with Montway 6 months ago from FL to Long Island for $1000 (Montway is only a shipment management company, they assign the shipment to freight operators under their network). They were pretty good, the trailer in which my car was shipped also had a Huracan Performante, a 992, a C63S and a Macan. My only compliant was that they arrived 2 days late, but otherwise, their overall handling was on point.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 12:01 PM   #28
awarye
Registered
Rep
Drives: Multiple

I know this thread appears to be a bit out dated, but wanted to provide some valuable information to anyone who may have the same questions today in determining whether you should ship your vehicle via open or enclosed trailer. We recently put together the article below that has some valuable information about determining whether open, or enclosed transport is best for you. I hope this brings some updated value to this thread. Thank you,

https://www.freedomtransportservice....r-your-vehicle
Appreciate 0