BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

07-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP 6SPD

E90 M3 rear door speakers

Hello all, So I recently purchased a 2011 bmw M3, upon inspection of the stereo system I noticed that I was not getting any sound out of the rear doors even though visually there appeared to be speakers. After taking the rear door panel off I realized there is a fully operational speaker in the panel but nowhere in the door is there any wiring for the speaker itself? Is there a way for me to splice the rear doors into the stock amp and speakers what gives? I would like these to work instead of adding a sub like I had planned but just curious if anyone else has had this issue or what is recommended...
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, F98 X4M, I01 94Ah

Which stereo system do you have? Standard? So what exactly are you claiming about? That you only have a mid-range speaker in the rear doors? that there are no speakers? Don't get your question!

If you have speakers in the rear doors and want to retrofit the high-frequency speakers, that's no problem. I would recommend to buy a Logic7 or Individual System incl. audio wiring and do the whole retrofit including subs
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #3
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

So my car is the professional head unit but I am not sure about the amp or what speakers are used as I bought the car private sale, I am assuming it is all the stock harmon kardon that come with the m3. what I am saying is the back doors because its an E90 sedan already have speakers in the doors and all looks OEM, but when I took the door panels off there is no wiring for the speakers from the car at all in the door. How can I incorporate these speakers into the system as they are just sitting there doing nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

basically dumbing it down the 4 inch speakers that are in the front doors are also in the rear doors but the rears are not plugged into anything as there is no stock wiring for them. How can I wire them in?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #5
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
OP what I got from your post is probably what I've done. Your car most likely is equipped with Hifi stereo which mean the rear door panels did not come with speakers, however the previous owner before you probably swapped the door panels from a vehicle equipped with top hifi (logic 7) and just never wired the speakers to work. My car is equipped with Hifi, and I swapped rear door panels from a donor car to accommodate rear door speakers. I've yet to wire them up as well. I think the easiest route is to have them wired to the rear deck speakers. Just my guess tho.:
      07-01-2019, 09:31 PM   #6
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
OP what I got from your post is probably what I've done. Your car most likely is equipped with Hifi stereo which mean the rear door panels did not come with speakers, however the previous owner before you probably swapped the door panels from a vehicle equipped with top hifi (logic 7) and just never wired the speakers to work. My car is equipped with Hifi, and I swapped rear door panels from a donor car to accommodate rear door speakers. I've yet to wire them up as well. I think the easiest route is to have them wired to the rear deck speakers. Just my guess tho.:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! sorry I couldnt find how to put that all into words. Now just to find out how to wire it into the system...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 09:33 PM   #7
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japresto91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! sorry I couldnt find how to put that all into words. Now just to find out how to wire it into the system...
Well when you do, let me know! I'll most likely just take it to a audio shop although it's not on my priority list at the moment. Been driving around with them for almost 2 years now. Lol