BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

05-14-2022, 12:16 PM   #1
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Buggati Chiron Autobahn 417kph

259 MPH - Damn thats fast

05-14-2022, 03:43 PM   #2
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

I think that this is the video that got the owner in alot of trouble.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 04:02 PM   #3
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Rush.. View Post
I think that this is the video that got the owner in alot of trouble.
For what ? Autobahn = No Speed Limit (in areas)
      05-14-2022, 04:17 PM   #4
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Link to article

If you don't want to read the whole thing, below is why he could be in trouble.

"...pointed to a particularly relevant piece of German traffic law - “anyone participating in traffic must behave in such a way that no other person is harmed, endangered or obstructed or inconvenienced more than is unavoidable under the circumstances.""

"...a road user who “moves as a motor vehicle driver at an inappropriate speed and grossly contrary to traffic and recklessly in order to achieve the highest possible speed shall be punished with imprisonment of up to two years or with a fine.”"
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 04:21 PM   #5
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Link to article

If you don't want to read the whole thing, below is why he could be in trouble.

"...pointed to a particularly relevant piece of German traffic law - “anyone participating in traffic must behave in such a way that no other person is harmed, endangered or obstructed or inconvenienced more than is unavoidable under the circumstances.""

"...a road user who “moves as a motor vehicle driver at an inappropriate speed and grossly contrary to traffic and recklessly in order to achieve the highest possible speed shall be punished with imprisonment of up to two years or with a fine.”"
Yikes. I had no idea about that.
I've been following a youtuber named Max who runs a channel called AutotopNL. He blasts every Super Car on the Planet on the Autobahn and passes cars in excess of 200MPH regularly. Has been doing this for at least 5 years and is still going.

I wonder if they just wanted some of that Bugatti guys $$.
      05-14-2022, 04:29 PM   #6
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
by the grace of the government that partially exists with a party called the greens.

That there is no speedlimit on certain autobahnstretches is a very delicate compromised agreement between a lot of political parties and organisations.
Anything excessive can endanger that agreement and spoil the fun for a lot of car enthousiasts.
So the negative news that this 417kph ride brought with it is not really something we can use.

BTW I wonder what it feels like when getting passed by a car that does 400+

At 1:59 there's a person on the fly over with what it seems to be a camera. I assume that's not a coincidence.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-14-2022 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 04:38 PM   #7
r1cero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d g30

spiegel is a defacto tabloid, of course no charges were made.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-...n-in/101010680
Appreciate 1
HerkHealer1696.00
      05-14-2022, 04:48 PM   #8
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
BTW I wonder what it feels like when getting passed by a car that does 400+
Watch a few of this guys videos doing top speed runs on the Autobahn.
As I mentioned earlier, he's been doing this for at least 5 years. That's how long i've been following him. Probably 100 different Supercar/Hypercar runs over 200MPH passing all kinds of vehicles and his channel is still going strong.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AutoTopnl/videos
      05-14-2022, 05:14 PM   #9
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Watch a few of this guys videos doing top speed runs on the Autobahn.
As I mentioned earlier, he's been doing this for at least 5 years. That's how long i've been following him. Probably 100 different Supercar/Hypercar runs over 200MPH passing all kinds of vehicles and his channel is still going strong.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AutoTopnl/videos
I know the channel.
I believe it's sometimes filmed pretty close to where I live
Luckily he doesn't attract that much bad news
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-14-2022 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00
      05-14-2022, 06:44 PM   #10
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I know the channel.
I believe it's sometimes filmed pretty close to where I live
Luckily he doesn't attract that much bad news
Ok great, but he's passed many more cars doing 200mph+/330kmh + cars than that Bugatti did. The German Govt did not charge the Bugatti driver with anything after it was all sorted out.

I wish we had something like the Autobahn in the USA. I really love it and drove it for 3 years in my Military service in the early 1990s.
      05-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #11
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
The German Govt did not charge the Bugatti driver with anything after it was all sorted out.
But it got wide in the media. Public opinion affected. Damage done.
Thàt is where it counts. Thàt is where the danger lies.
Appreciate 1
HerkHealer1696.00
      05-14-2022, 07:11 PM   #12
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
But it got wide in the media. Public opinion affected. Damage done.
Thàt is where it counts. Thàt is where the danger lies.
100% agree. I think it was more about $$ than Politics. Max and his channel have never been challenged by GE govt probably because they dont have what it's worth going after.

I think the GE Autobahn system that has been established for decades is perfect and allows us top performance of our vehicles.
      05-14-2022, 07:24 PM   #13
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
100% agree. I think it was more about $$ than Politics. Max and his channel have never been challenged by GE govt probably because they dont have what it's worth going after.
For the media it's also way less interesting when a dutch guy tests other peoples cars on the autobahn, than when a foreign billionaire comes with his 3 million euro car and uses the autobahn as his playground.
That is a way more attractive tabloid story.
Quote:
I think the GE Autobahn system that has been established for decades is perfect and allows us top performance of our vehicles.
Actually it doesn't allow us top performance of our vehicles.
There is no speed limit on the autobahn because a tradeoff was negotiated between the green party and the car manufacturers. Cars had to be limited to 250kph. Ofcourse that is still extremely fast considered top speed in other countries.
Exceptions are permitted for non serial produced cars but that can also change.
Appreciate 0