BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

10-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
TTO898
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 (F10)

VPC after ED?

Hi all -
Took ED of a '13 E93 the last week of August and dropped off on the 4th of Sep. Apparently the boat arrived in the US on the 4th of Oct and the car has been at VPC for 15 days now (according to my SA). I know it typically takes 4-14 days, but wondering what recent experiences have been. For what it's worth, I'm waiting on a PCD date.

Does the performance center provide a date AFTER the work at VPC has been done and does the car wait at VPC, or does the car go straight to the performance center and then a date is provided? I'm thinking at this point there may have been some damage or something done to the car that is taking so long.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

ED cars go through an extra step at the VPC. The ED car has to clear customs for drug checks, etc. Cars arriving direct from the factory do not go through that. Talking to customs people, they say this is at most a two day delay.
The BMW ED people told me my car would be at the dealer no later than eight weeks from date of Europe drop off. That's the timeline BMW tries to adhere to. I suggest doing what I did and that was call the BMW ED rep. They are the only ones who can track an enroute ED car. An ED car is not visible to the dealers computer; so, talking to the CA probably wont get you much info. At least that was what I was told.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
davem3fan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

Garage List
FYI:
They can also fix cars that had minor damage in transit.
I'm not saying that anything happened to yours, but it is a possibility.

Either way, when you get it back, it will be perfect.

Dave Flogaus CCA #123862
11 E90 M3 Sedan DCT
94 E36 325is M-Tech (S50)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
TTO898
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
I suggest doing what I did and that was call the BMW ED rep. They are the only ones who can track an enroute ED car. An ED car is not visible to the dealers computer; so, talking to the CA probably wont get you much info. At least that was what I was told.
Thanks fuddman! That's what I ended up doing today and they told me they'd email me an update by the end of the week with an ETA on when it'll leave VPC and head for the performance center. Getting excited! It's been exactly 7 weeks since drop off and I'm anxiously awaiting.
Appreciate 0