BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
zyh66619941008@gmail.com
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Ess supercharger issues follow up

So after I get rid off the ipe f1 exhaust and swap back to oem exhaust, the car seems have a new issue. I can certainly feel the extra power at high end. However, when I punch the gas really hard, from stop or basically any mph, it down shits clean and rpm goes up at usual speed, however I don't feel the power kick in, maybe after about half a second to one second, I can feel the power kick in, normally I can feel the power around 6K rpm. I don't think it would be a clutch slipping problem because the rpm would have gone up crazy to redline. Besides, when I had the ipe exhaust, this issue never happened. It shouldn't be a coil problem because I can feel the full power at higher rpm and I have new spark plugs.
AJ from Ess think that maybe the o2 sensor got damaged from swapping the exhaust.
Now I am so lost, ever since I got the supercharge done, never had a day I can feel the full power. Have you guys experienced same issues? Or do you guys have any suggestions? Thx!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyh66619941008@gmail.com View Post
So after I get rid off the ipe f1 exhaust and swap back to oem exhaust, the car seems have a new issue. I can certainly feel the extra power at high end. However, when I punch the gas really hard, from stop or basically any mph, it down shits clean and rpm goes up at usual speed, however I don't feel the power kick in, maybe after about half a second to one second, I can feel the power kick in, normally I can feel the power around 6K rpm. I don't think it would be a clutch slipping problem because the rpm would have gone up crazy to redline. Besides, when I had the ipe exhaust, this issue never happened. It shouldn't be a coil problem because I can feel the full power at higher rpm and I have new spark plugs.
AJ from Ess think that maybe the o2 sensor got damaged from swapping the exhaust.
Now I am so lost, ever since I got the supercharge done, never had a day I can feel the full power. Have you guys experienced same issues? Or do you guys have any suggestions? Thx!
IPE exhaust is kryptonite for this car, the F1 x-pipe design is horrible.

Have the O2s checked by autologic or dynorun (preferably dynojet) to check performance. Log boost as well.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM

Last edited by tom @ eas; 12-10-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
zyh66619941008@gmail.com
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Quote:
IPE exhaust is kryptonite for this car, the x-pipe design is horrible.

Have the O2s checked by autologic or dynorun to check performance. Log boost as well.
yea that's what I am going do this week, I am just really worried about the clutch, it's so expensive to fix.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
zyh66619941008@gmail.com
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Quote:
IPE exhaust is kryptonite for this car, the F1 x-pipe design on is horrible.

Have the O2s checked by autologic or dynorun to check performance. Log boost as well.
Thx!
Appreciate 0