BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

04-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: `16 MW F80 M3

maintenance questions

hey guys i bought my 09 m3 about 8 months ago and it had 10,8xx miles when i called it mine. anyway i saw the carfax and the 1200 mile service was done on time.. now since ive had the car the only maintenance ive done is an oil change every 7k miles.. have i missed any maintenance? if so which ones have i missed? ( my car is at 25,1xx miles now) i have heard of stuff like 12k service and 24k service.. im due for an oil change soon and need to bring the car in soon so this is a good time to do any if i missed.. also how do i know when i need to change the coolant? also i would appreciate it if someone can tell me all the maintenance i would need to do in the future so if there are any i can get it done on time. thank you guys for helping a fellow member out! =)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

If you have iDrive all the service information should be there. My car just had a brake flush done which is usually at two years. I would think you can look it up without idrive but you might need to read the manual.
      04-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: `16 MW F80 M3

so the only maintenance i need to do are the ones that come up in idrive? so coolant never needs to be changed? because i know coolant is not listed in the idrive service.
Appreciate 0