BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-06-2018, 08:20 AM   #45
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I did have a friend in the corporate office...
Maybe start going above theur heads?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 09:28 PM   #46
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 e90 IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
I did have a friend in the corporate office...
Maybe start going above theur heads?
How? Who's head? The owner?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #47
TomHudson
Major
Rep

The corporate office here has some pull with dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #48
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The corporate office here has some pull with dealerships.
Which corporate office?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 06:45 AM   #49
TomHudson
Major
Rep

You’re in Seattle?
This car was shipped from Hatfield Pa?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 10:35 PM   #50
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You’re in Seattle?
This car was shipped from Hatfield Pa?
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #51
TomHudson
Major
Rep

Dealerships have access to an entire inventory of BMW’s across the country, that’s how I found the white E90 in Alberta.
The on line profile of the car was excellent, so the dealership bought the car, but they buy the, through an auction.
Anyway, car arrived. It had a lot of damage hidden in the front end, water damage in the trunk and crappy busted up fake wheels.

The dealership was mortified at the condition and tried to undo the deal with the seller, but couldn’t. They approached me to apologize and would not sell the car to me in that condition. They would wholesale it off, swallow that loss and sold me a CPO car with $5000 off the list.

I think I surprised b6 a few things.

1). Since you were willing to buy a car from anywhere across the US, they should’ve checked out inventory for you, To give you options.
2). For them to buy the car, at your request, from a used car lot seems like a big risk to make a few bucks.
3). It doesn’t seem like a reasonable corporate policy that doesn’t benefit the brand or customers

Your experience seems to be more minimal profit for that local dealership than for the brand as a whole, and they should have been guiding you towards inventory they have.

While it may prove to be uneventful, I would reach out BMW group either in Jersey (North America headquarters) or if there’s a Western region in LA.
At the very least you can express your experience with them.

Last edited by TomHudson; 11-01-2018 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 04:23 AM   #52
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
I followed this car from PA on AutoTrader or CarGuru. You didn't get it from a dealership, just a used car broker or used car lot. Of course, they sent it out to be painted. So find that auto body shop and get invoices and details about the condition of the car before and after. Useless to argue with the knuckleheads. Just file a complaint on AutoTrader and CarGuru, so they are banned, until their business implodes. Also complain to USAA.

I have a 2009 IB M3 with 180k miles and have had everything done to it (repairs). I also picked up a BMW F30 335i M-Sport from a Mini dealership cross country in Buford, GA. They took me for $3500. I liked them too until money changed hands, then the double talk started. Mail sent to a giant dealership never seems to arrive. It is part of the Hendricks Auto Group chain. ($1 billion dealership network along with a NASCAR Racing Team). Car seems to be OK mechanically and has only two small hood scratches.
A new retrim leather steering wheel helped. Still love my M3 more, and it is optioned like to yours.

If you placed a down payment outside of your loan, you can go to your bank website and file a claim with a few clicks. The bank will refund you the amount until the claim is settled (30+ days). You just have to provide proof of your claim, fraud in your case. No evidence your car was painted, and there is visible damage.

I have had the mirrors replaced. It is pretty cheap to get that gloss black frame new and then get a new unpainted cap. Pretty cheap to have it painted. Pops back in place. The most expensive part of the mirror is the mirror glass itself ($300+). Why not go for carbon fiber mirror caps?. You can replace the gloss black frame and then pop on the CF yourself. Wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts online.

My M3 got hit 6 times in LA...mostly light taps to the back bumper and 2 broken mirrors. Once your car is violated that many times, you give up keeping it perfect.
Get a nice detail/polish and maybe a ceramic coating, plus an interior leather detail. On a sunny day, the car will gleam like a sapphire. You will be proud to drive it. Those small dents won't matter anymore.

One tip: Your car has ~70k miles. Things will start breaking at 80-100k miles and expensive maintenance is coming. Don't panic...everyone has been through it.

BTW For everyone else NEVER use an auto broker to ship a car long distance. They will hire a driver with truck and for all you know, he is Jeffrey Dahmer's Cousin. Only use PlyCar, InterCity, JP Logistics, plus a few others that have their own fleet of trucks and drivers.

You still have a gorgeous car, so enjoy it. One of the best sports cars ever designed.

No such thing as a perfect used car with 70k miles..

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #53
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_dude View Post
I followed this car from PA on AutoTrader or CarGuru. You didn't get it from a dealership, just a used car broker or used car lot. Of course, they sent it out to be painted. So find that auto body shop and get invoices and details about the condition of the car before and after. Useless to argue with the knuckleheads. Just file a complaint on AutoTrader and CarGuru, so they are banned, until their business implodes. Also complain to USAA.

I have a 2009 IB M3 with 180k miles and have had everything done to it (repairs). I also picked up a BMW F30 335i M-Sport from a Mini dealership cross country in Buford, GA. They took me for $3500. I liked them too until money changed hands, then the double talk started. Mail sent to a giant dealership never seems to arrive. It is part of the Hendricks Auto Group chain. ($1 billion dealership network along with a NASCAR Racing Team). Car seems to be OK mechanically and has only two small hood scratches.
A new retrim leather steering wheel helped. Still love my M3 more, and it is optioned like to yours.

If you placed a down payment outside of your loan, you can go to your bank website and file a claim with a few clicks. The bank will refund you the amount until the claim is settled (30+ days). You just have to provide proof of your claim, fraud in your case. No evidence your car was painted, and there is visible damage.

I have had the mirrors replaced. It is pretty cheap to get that gloss black frame new and then get a new unpainted cap. Pretty cheap to have it painted. Pops back in place. The most expensive part of the mirror is the mirror glass itself ($300+). Why not go for carbon fiber mirror caps?. You can replace the gloss black frame and then pop on the CF yourself. Wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts online.

My M3 got hit 6 times in LA...mostly light taps to the back bumper and 2 broken mirrors. Once your car is violated that many times, you give up keeping it perfect.
Get a nice detail/polish and maybe a ceramic coating, plus an interior leather detail. On a sunny day, the car will gleam like a sapphire. You will be proud to drive it. Those small dents won't matter anymore.

One tip: Your car has ~70k miles. Things will start breaking at 80-100k miles and expensive maintenance is coming. Don't panic...everyone has been through it.

BTW For everyone else NEVER use an auto broker to ship a car long distance. They will hire a driver with truck and for all you know, he is Jeffrey Dahmer's Cousin. Only use PlyCar, InterCity, JP Logistics, plus a few others that have their own fleet of trucks and drivers.

You still have a gorgeous car, so enjoy it. One of the best sports cars ever designed.

No such thing as a perfect used car with 70k miles..

Cheers
Thank you. I have not received any info from the said paint shop after several attempts at getting info from the owner. I called the shop and spoke with the owner Shaun last Friday the 26th, but haven't spoken to him since. Ryan claims that he was with Shaun at the time of my call and Shaun wants nothing to do with this.

My next step is filing a complaint with the PA Board of Motor Vehicles, BMW of North America, LLC while leaving a negative review on Yelp, Google, dealerrate.com and every other possible place possible just as you suggested. I will not rest until I feel that I have done everything in my power to make it virtually impossible for this to happen again with them. My lawyer has had several discussions with Ryan Kelly and he's basically said that he does not care. And since he didn't make very much money on the deal (which I think is total bs) that he can't afford to give me a refund.

Last edited by NitroBiz; 11-03-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #54
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Try a claim via your bank for any cash down you provided. Glad you have a lawyer.

BMW cant help on a used car from this type of car lot company.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:10 PM   #55
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Today I was offered $200 from Kelly Motorcars and another $200 from the body shop for a total of $400. I found to be a slap in the face.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #56
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
That’s almost worse than no offer.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #57
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
That’s almost worse than no offer.
Pretty much.

Today I started contacting all the local NBC, CBS and ABC affiliates in Philadelphia for their consumer reporters to tell them my story. In addition I am going to file a very detailed formal complaint with the Pennsylvania Department of State.

From there if I do not hear directly from Ryan or his brother with a substantial refund I plan on leaving a very detailed review of their business and business practices on Yelp, Google, Better Business Bureau, AutoTrader, Cars.com, duPont Registry, Instagram and anywhere else I can online. This is war and I am not going to rest until I get full restitution! They messed with the wrong guy!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #58
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
I suggest getting a local lawyer or paralegal to draft a demand letter stating that if they do not rectify the situation they will be taken to small claims. Most of these small dealers won't want to deal with the hassle of going to court and will make things right. You'd be surprised how much you can accomplish with a well drafted document.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 08:37 PM   #59
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
I suggest getting a local lawyer or paralegal to draft a demand letter stating that if they do not rectify the situation they will be taken to small claims. Most of these small dealers won't want to deal with the hassle of going to court and will make things right. You'd be surprised how much you can accomplish with a well drafted document.
Already done. He didn't blink an eye. He is indifferent.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 09:27 AM   #60
xander_g
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBiz View Post
Already done. He didn't blink an eye. He is indifferent.
Take the next step and issue a statement of claim
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #61
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Take the next step and issue a statement of claim
Statement of claim? Please explain.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #62
xander_g
Major
Rep

Garage List
It's basically a statement from you including the facts of the case that you will rely upon and the relief that you seek. You file it with the court and serve a copy on the defendant, at which point they will have to file a statement of defense. If they don't, the court will enter a default judgement in your favor, awarding you whatever relief you sought. The problem is, some people are what we call "judgment-proof" meaning that even if you win, you will have a hard time collecting from them. In your case, I do not foresee that being a problem.
Appreciate 0