BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

12-24-2023, 11:09 PM   #1
rsyring
Rep
Drives: F85 X5 M, F80 M3, E92 M3

2011 E92 ZCP DCT - Track Build

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 37,523.00

Item Interest
This is a STREET LEGAL track car that can handle errands during the week and track days on the weekend. It's more capable than the majority of HPDE drivers, me included. Would love to keep it but it's just not in the cards. :o/

## Track mods and significant upgrades

- TC Kline double adjustable coilovers and camber plates installed 2022
- PFC Z54 front big brake kit
- PFC Z54 replacement rotors (backup set)
- Wheels: 18” Apex wheels, black
- Tires: Pilot Sport All Seasons 4 (like new)
- Half roll cage, welded w/ reinforcement plates
- OMP racing seats (large, x-large)
- Brey Krause seat brackets on OEM power sliders
- Schroth racing harnesses
- Track Car Door Cards
- High flow cats
- Carbon aero
- Partially stripped (~300 lbs reduction)
- Replacement 4.0-liter S65 V8 was installed in September 2017 by United BMW Gwinnett of Duluth, Georgia. Has ~29K miles.
- Replacement rod bearings were installed at ~95K miles.
- Service records and contact info for previous two owners are available
- The exhaust! I’ve not been able to figure out what the exhaust is, but it sounds phenomenal. I have. My F80 sounds pathetic in comparison.

Just parts for the above mods are close to $20K. If you are paying someone to do the work, then add another $5K-10K. When I contacted a fabrication shop about putting a half-cage in my F80, they said they were backed up for the rest of the year. These mods are all ready and have proven themselves on the track. No surprises.

## Recent repairs / non-oil change maintenance

- Both throttle actuators replaced late 2022
- Vacuum sensor replaced (April 2023)
- Replace all lug nuts (Summer 2023)
- New PFC 11 brake pads all around (September 2023) - the front pads are HUGE
- Full brake fluid flush with Castrol SRF (September 2023)
- New washer fluid pump (September 2023)
- New alternator (September 2023)
- New O2 sensor (September 2023)
- Replace both fuel sending units (September 2023)

## Factory

- 414 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque
- Seven-speed M-DCT dual-clutch automatic transmission w/ paddle shifters
- Non-manual in a track car? Yah, Formula 1 really missed the mark didn’t they. ;o)
- Variable M Differential Lock
- Competition package
- Carbon-fiber exterior trim
- Adaptive xenon headlamps
- Park Distance Control
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Cruise control
- Power windows
- Carbon-fiber roof panel
- Carbon-fiber mirror covers
- Carbon structure leather trim

I purchased this in the fall of 2022, mostly on a whim, due to it being naturally aspirated and having all the track oriented mods that I had been planning to do to my F80. The selling point for my wife was the extra safety provided by the cage. I’ve really enjoyed it and there are a lot of positives to tracking with a dedicated car.

On the other hand, for a guy that only goes a handful of times a year, it’s an extravagance. In addition, it looks like I may need to reduce how often I track over the next couple years. So I need to get serious about finding a new home for this car. It doesn’t deserve to sit in the garage mostly unused all year.

I take it out once or twice a month to keep everything well lubed and identify any maintenance issues. It could be used as a daily driver but it's rather loud inside due to being partially stripped and that makes it less than pleasant to drive, especially for family members who aren’t exactly car people. I’ve driven long(ish) distances to track events (2, 5, 7, 10 hour trips) and I don’t mind it.

Carfax report lists an accident in January 2018 that caused minor damage. Body has some minor cosmetic issues on front/rear bumper area as well as some carbon fiber delamination, all as can be seen in the photos. The roof panel was wrapped by a previous owner to hide the delamination.

Happy to answer questions. Happier if they are the smart kind. :) Feel free to reach out to me through DM or post here. I can send email & phone to continue the discussion / verify I'm legit.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0