BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
Closed Thread

03-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #793
NIZMOZ
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 NISMO 350Z

Your story has made it to many websites including ClubLexus and My350z.com.

We are all supporting you here man...so keep it up. Definitely take them down.
Since a lawyer is getting involved, you might just get the car for free now.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #794
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
this is sad...a representation of all that is wrong with MY Country...
a bunch of parisites feeding on a mistake...
anger and hatred abound...
I saw that on a couple of dealer assoc. sites that the guy has received death threats....nice....

a reasonble jury could go both ways:
a mistake was made, and some guy is trying to capitalize on it, and damage a local businessman...yuppie scum
the delaer will say, mistake, and we made a good faith effort to appease the customer with a 3k discount...what will you say?

they made a mistake, I want the car, who cares if the guy loses his job, his problem, not mine, just give me my sports car and screw him...classy

or that the deal must be honored...if their was a deal...the dealer was 'cheating'...and fraudulent...
the courts will decide this, not us...

a member, with no relationship to the case, actually called and threatened legal action, for what? it's assinine bordering on the absurd...if doctor hurts a stranger, can I sue that doctor? he lost nothing, did not bid on the car, no connection at all...
after I got done laughing, if I felt like wasting money, I'd have my lawyer call him, maybe sue for harrassment...

the ebay resolution phase has not even played out yet...
and we are character assassinating the guy...pathetic...

these things happen all the time, for much larger stakes, that's why we have courts, to remedy this...instead we have this enet lynch mob action...sad yet amusing...

karma is a biotch...it would suck to end up wrapping this ill gotten gain around a tele pole...
Ill gotten gain???? The dealer advertised a no reserve M3 starting at 60k & left it on ebay until it closed. The car is being sold above MSRP so its not like they buyer was capitalizing on anything. How is it ill gotten gain? With all due respect you don't sound like someone who knows the law at all. The law is on the buyers side on this one. Precedent has been set for cases of backed out deals and cases of misleading advertising.

Advertising mistakes can be taken into account but it wont be held to same standard as a printed ad since it was on ebay. The dealer at any time could have realized their mistake and changed or removed the ad.

There wouldn't be a jury trial on a dealer advertising case so I dont know where you got that. A judge would rule with the law and against a shady dealer trying to keep a car so they can get an even higher markup than the agreed upon above MSRP price. No sympathy will be given for that action in a court.

I doubt a lawyer not affiliated with the buyer called the dealer to threaten legal action. That lawyer would be disbarred.

There is so much inaccuracy in your post I cant even begin to point out all the places where you are wrong with your assumptions about the law. After reading your post I am reminded of a quote from Billy Madison: "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #795
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Congratulations to the OP for the positive results w/ Lincoln BMW! As dooma350 know, I've been supporting him privately, and have been following this situation closely like all of you.

Just like many others on here, I've done my work offline to get the word out, but as I was trying for a much bigger outlet, didn't want to post the specifics here to prevent rumors from exploding out.

Still, I am very very glad to see some positive results, and congrats to dooma350 again. Let's hope that the conditions aren't unreasonable, and that it's smooth sailing from this point forward.

For all the rest, I've skipped over all the rants / poor language posts, etc. This has been a great thread. Let's not ruin it at the end w/ the use of poor language and character...

...most people skip to the end in a huge thread like this. Let's not let the first thing they read be of people cussin each other out, because the rest of the posts are really inspiring to read.

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #796
qikslvr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 05 LGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Thanks guys, there are good people in this world after all.
I'll post again tommorow.

Regards

Ken
Just let us know if you need a local to go to the dealership for anything. I'm just 30 minutes down the freeway in Omaha. Glad to hear they are going to work with you. Again, there are a couple Nebraska locals here that are willing to help if you need photo's, a personal inspection or anything before you finish up and take delivery of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #797
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
You can profile anyone on forums. You can look at what someone else posts. Find photos of their cars... what ever. People don't understand that everything you do online is public record. It is a massive CRM database. That's why you really need to be careful about what you say. A recruiter for example can look up your name in Myspace, or Facebook, and read your profile and how you act and socialize and make a decision based on that. It's dangerous.
I appreciate the recommendation Laszlo, but like I said, you should always stand by what you say no matter who hears it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #798
runutzzzzz
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AML View Post
Did jharden just change his vehicle from 335i to Benz? Makes us owners look bad right now...

He NOW drives a Benz... Now it makes sense why he's acting the way he does... LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #799
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionredwing View Post
Congratulations to the OP for the positive results w/ Lincoln BMW! As dooma350 know, I've been supporting him privately, and have been following this situation closely like all of you.

Just like many others on here, I've done my work offline to get the word out, but as I was trying for a much bigger outlet, didn't want to post the specifics here to prevent rumors from exploding out.

Still, I am very very glad to see some positive results, and congrats to dooma350 again. Let's hope that the conditions aren't unreasonable, and that it's smooth sailing from this point forward.

For all the rest, I've skipped over all the rants / poor language posts, etc. This has been a great thread. Let's not ruin it at the end w/ the use of poor language and character...

...most people skip to the end in a huge thread like this. Let's not let the first thing they read be of people cussin each other out, because the rest of the posts are really inspiring to read.

+1. Ahhh.. A voice of reason from the Bay Area.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #800
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qikslvr View Post
Just let us know if you need a local to go to the dealership for anything. I'm just 30 minutes down the freeway in Omaha. Glad to hear they are going to work with you. Again, there are a couple Nebraska locals here that are willing to help if you need photo's, a personal inspection or anything before you finish up and take delivery of the vehicle.
I recommend he take a local lawyer with him. Although if I were him I would pick the lawyer outside an internet forum and pay the lawyer so he is obligated to work on his behalf.

That aside , your offer for a local person is very generous.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #801
Junior Barnes
Rep
Drives: 78 Schwinn Varsity, lime green

Quote:
look at my join date, I was around long before the dealer...
you're being parnoid...
It's "paranoid." Be careful not to correct others until you're sure yours is perfect.

Say what you will; you're nothing but a textbook troll, and I'm not the only one here who would like to see you go away.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #802
na335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Barnes View Post
It's "paranoid." Be careful not to correct others until you're sure yours is perfect.

Say what you will; you're nothing but a textbook troll, and I'm not the only one here who would like to see you go away.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #803
ArtPE
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Quote:

"paranoid." should be "paranoid" .

too bad, it's not your call now is it?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #804
rainsux
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G35 & Italia

Laszlo> ... be more careful about what you say, especially on a public forum. This is public record after all. Especially you, Xcellere ...be more careful about what you say, especially on a public forum. This is public record after all. Especially you, Xcellere

Excellent advice.

ArtPE is also placing himself at unnecessary risk. PE registrations are a
matter of public record ... and his state makes them avail on-line.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #805
Junior Barnes
Rep

THANK YOU to the Mods at m3post! Bye bye, ArtPE!

Now, back to the topic at hand...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #806
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Was ArtPE actually banned?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #807
na335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
THANK YOU to the Mods at m3post! Bye bye, ArtPE!

Now, back to the topic at hand...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #808
Junior Barnes
Rep

Quote:
Yes, ArtPE should also refrain. One thing to act like this is a low profile topic but this is national now and the exposure is too great. All of this will be here in cyberspace forever. You guys need a group hug.
I'm down.

*group hug*

Okay, now FOCUS, people!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #809
bradbmw
Rep
Drives: Pontiac Solstice GXP

Quote:

Junior had it correct. The punctuation should be inside the quotations.

"paranoid."

Troll, be gone.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #810
asif163
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '19 M5C, '23 X7 LCI

Wow- it took me a LONG time to read that thread- and everytime I thought I was almost finished there were more pages to read. In any case, ladies & gentleman, behold the power of the internet! Amazing story and congrats to you Dooma! Hopefully those conditions aren't worrisome. Enjoy your new ride and DEFINITELY post some pics!!!

Retired: 2011 E90 ZCP M3, 2014 Range Rover Sport, 2006 Audi S4 V8, 2011 E92 ZCP M3, 2011 BMW X3, 2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe, 2006 Audi A4 S-Line 2.0T, 2008 E92 335i, 2005.5 Audi S4 V8, 1990 E30 325is
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #811
08fbpSI
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Si

Quote:

Punctuation goes inside the quotes, Mr. English & Grammar.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #812
ShakeR
Designer (learning)
Denmark
Rep
Drives: Peugeot

screw gramma :P

congrats Ken, that is great news.
Looking forward to hear about the "conditions" though, but so far just 2 thumbs up for everyone else who supported this, and ofcourse yet another congrats to you Ken.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #813
BlueBliss
Rep
Drives: 2005 GT

Thumbs up Congratulations are in order.

Hey all,

Like many others, I went ahead and joined the forum after reading almost every single post in this thread, and on many different websites. I did my part in spreading the word via my friends' blogs, school events, etc.

To Dooma: I am so glad that you finally got the deal @ $60,000. Words can't describe how happy I am for you. You deserved that car and finally got it. Don't you just love the internet and its power? Props to all the forumers and new members who went out of their way to help Dooma, too. That was amazing.

To ArtPE: Wow, I've never seen someone so blind to the real world. Maybe you should get out into the real world sometime and take a deep breath of fresh air. The arguments and points you brought up made me want to join the forum to simply laugh at your logic. You MUST have been a dealer rep in a previous life.

To anyone who thinks the dealer made an honest mistake here and deserves sympathy, you're only making a fool outta yourself. The dealer knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and didn't want to carry through a deal that went sour for them. This happens TOO much on eBay: Seller sets the price low on purpose to attract attention and bids. When their plan fails, they're screwed and don't wanna follow through with the deal. Too bad baby...toooo bad.

I'm looking forward to posting on M3Post. I've been an avid forumer on M3forums, and M3Post should be a nice addition to my Firefox links toolbar.

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Cheers,

Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #814
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
One member pointed out after some very clever sleuthing, that is be possible that the dealership was/is shill bidding against their own eBay auctions.

This is what I'd like to see pursued and what eBay's answer or investigation concludes.

Although this is really about Dooma and his M3, this situation, has opened up a very deep Pandora’s box.
I am with you Laszlo - I'd like to see this investigated also. Looks like some pretty incriminating evidence to me.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread