BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

09-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Choices, choices. Dinand+RD bars, brake pads?

Fella's,

Been reading all the threads and there is lot's of different opinions natuarly. But am still unsure on what to get. There is no positive with out a negative somewhere so have to find the happy middle. That middle is between stock and a dedicated track car. So this is what I'm thinking, please let me know if I'm wasing money, going in the wrong direction or what. My goal is to still have a somewhat comfortable street M3 that will do a bit better at the track.

What I'm thinking of going with;

Dinan stage 2, all mounts & camber plates with RD front/rear bars or just Dinan stage 3 instead??

I'm gonna stick with my OEM 18" wheels for a while so no BBK unpgrade until I go with 19" wheels someday down the road. But I need good brake pads.

Brakes: Pads, Motul brake fluid & SS lines.
Questions: What pads? Carbotech? CoolCarbon? Stopteck? Axxis? Centric? Pagid? Something that won't tear up OEM rotors, cold bite and hold up better than OEM on the track.

SS brake lines. There all good, but if I go with a BBK someday, will the lines still connect? Are the fittings universal threads IOW?

Thanks fella's, I know I'm going back and forth but I want to avoid doing a job twice.

Thanks all for your inputs and expert advice.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Why don't you just do the Dinan springs and camber plates initially, see how you like the results. Then see if you need the sways.

That being said, if you want the ability to really fine tune your suspension, then you might want coils.

If you want a track pad that is easy on rotors, I would get the Pagid RS19s, plus they retain the OEM clips.
      09-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

Endless pads - only way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Fella's,

Been reading all the threads and there is lot's of different opinions natuarly. But am still unsure on what to get. There is no positive with out a negative somewhere so have to find the happy middle. That middle is between stock and a dedicated track car. So this is what I'm thinking, please let me know if I'm wasing money, going in the wrong direction or what. My goal is to still have a somewhat comfortable street M3 that will do a bit better at the track.

What I'm thinking of going with;

Dinan stage 2, all mounts & camber plates with RD front/rear bars or just Dinan stage 3 instead??

I'm gonna stick with my OEM 18" wheels for a while so no BBK unpgrade until I go with 19" wheels someday down the road. But I need good brake pads.

Brakes: Pads, Motul brake fluid & SS lines.
Questions: What pads? Carbotech? CoolCarbon? Stopteck? Axxis? Centric? Pagid? Something that won't tear up OEM rotors, cold bite and hold up better than OEM on the track.

SS brake lines. There all good, but if I go with a BBK someday, will the lines still connect? Are the fittings universal threads IOW?

Thanks fella's, I know I'm going back and forth but I want to avoid doing a job twice.

Thanks all for your inputs and expert advice.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkcaptain View Post
Endless pads - only way to go!!!

That's great! Thanks. But which ones do you use? How have they performed for street & occassional track use? Do they fit the OEM calipers & work well with the OEM discs? Any specifics would be great.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
e90m3_6MT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 GT3 RS

do the pagid track pads also work as a daily driver? i would be suprised but I'm in the market for new pads so I gotta ask
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m3_6MT View Post
do the pagid track pads also work as a daily driver? i would be suprised but I'm in the market for new pads so I gotta ask
The RS19s are track pads.