BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

09-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #89
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
You'd think that the production number would at least be tied to a production week or allocation or something. As far as I can tell, the production number just represents an order and can float around forever potentially.

My dealer is one of the biggest in SoCal, I was told I have the first 2012 M3 order, and it was also on BMWs list of top dealers in the US that was put out... with all that and still not having a confirmed allocation is starting to get me worried that something is wrong...

I'll be bugging my CA later today to see if he can look into what's going on. You know that you're week 41, so apparently they can set dates in advance. Very weird!

I just talked to the phone rep at BMW NA and he said the 800 number pretty much only updates once the car is actually *in* production so that may be why you're not getting any updates.

Yeah I hear you. Seems it would be more streamlined. I'd also be willing to bet that the Week 41 number he gave me is just an estimate and not an actual firm date. Cause it's odd that a dealer could get specific information if BMW NA doesn't have the same info.

It's also hard for me to believe that when I ordered my car, that all allocations for Sept were already gone even though iirc I ordered the car within a couple of days of when you could start ordering MY2012s.

Even if it does happen as he told me it would, that looks to mean that I won't have a car until December based on the ongoing reading I have done on here.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #90
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

Quote:
It takes 53 days to get it to NJ? Or does it sit at the port for a few weeks first before leaving?
The performance delivery center gets the car 2 weeks before delivery and on top of that I had to change my PCD date to a week later because I wasn't
Able to make it the week before. So my car will be at the center for 3 weeks before taking delivery (so I really should only be taking delivery a little over 30 days from now)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #91
Zzhou
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT

My dealer sent me this message today~ “It goes into production on the 41st week.“
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #92
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Update: Just finished talking to my CA... not good news. According to him, only 20 cars are currently under production for North America... unfortunately, my car (ordered a month ago) doesn't appear to be one of them. He's still trying to figure out what's going on, so I'll keep this thread updated.

For those of you who actually managed to get one produced... you are some really really lucky people! lol
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #93
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update: Just finished talking to my CA... not good news. According to him, only 20 cars are currently under production for North America... unfortunately, my car (ordered a month ago) doesn't appear to be one of them. He's still trying to figure out what's going on, so I'll keep this thread updated.

For those of you who actually managed to get one produced... you are some really really lucky people! lol
wow that is crazy that I'm one of the 20... I thought I ordered kind of late too (I ordered around the 25-28th of July). I still haven't heard any shipping info about my car though, so I guess it's still at the port and has been for the past couple days.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #94
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Ouch...that isn't good news.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #95
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post
wow that is crazy that I'm one of the 20... I thought I ordered kind of late too (I ordered around the 25-28th of July). I still haven't heard any shipping info about my car though, so I guess it's still at the port and has been for the past couple days.
I ordered around the first week of August. My car is complete but waiting to be released to the carrier to go to the port. It's been like that for over a week . I guess that's better than not getting made at all, so I can't complain too much.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #96
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Maybe they're trying to get the last of the MY2011's built and finish up the 2011.75 e90 run?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #97
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
I ordered around the first week of August. My car is complete but waiting to be released to the carrier to go to the port. It's been like that for over a week . I guess that's better than not getting made at all, so I can't complain too much.
That's half the battle! I'm hoping they hurry up and get my car made, because I'd like to sell my current one as it continues to depreciate! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Maybe they're trying to get the last of the MY2011's built and finish up the 2011.75 e90 run?
I'd imagine that the E90s would be on a different line as the E92s, but you never know... you could be correct. We do know that 2012s are cranking along... albeit very slowly!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #98
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd imagine that the E90s would be on a different line as the E92s, but you never know... you could be correct. We do know that 2012s are cranking along... albeit very slowly!
I suppose the other issue is that there just aren't that many M3's made. So it would stand to reason that BMW would time-share the M3 production line with something else (e.g., regular 3-series cars).

Maybe someone that's done ED/factory tour can shed some more light?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #99
captainbarky
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 m3

My vehicle is at port awaiting a shipping vessel. I've had the same message for the past several days. It was scheduled to complete production on 9/5.

363XXXX
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #100
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting info out of your dealer.

My car is still on schedule to finish production on the 16th. Just like Matt, I placed my order around the end of July-beginning of Aug. I was given my PW the same day I ordered the car and it did start production on time (PW 36).

I'm surprised they were able to give you a prod number but no PW - it appears everyone else was given a prod number and PW when they placed their order. Any chance your dealer's not providing you with accurate info? Again, sorry to hear about your continued prod date problems and I hope they get things sorted out for you!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #101
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting info out of your dealer.

My car is still on schedule to finish production on the 16th. Just like Matt, I placed my order around the end of July-beginning of Aug. I was given my PW the same day I ordered the car and it did start production on time (PW 36).

I'm surprised they were able to give you a prod number but no PW - it appears everyone else was given a prod number and PW when they placed their order. Any chance your dealer's not providing you with accurate info? Again, sorry to hear about your continued prod date problems and I hope they get things sorted out for you!
I'm not sure what's going on over there. I placed my order the Monday after the 2012 MY was announced. I believe that was about 4 weeks ago? The only piece of good info that I have is a printout from the dealer's online ordering system. It shows my name, production number, build configuration, and origin dealer of order, and MSRP. BMW NA reps confirm that my order is in and accepted by BMW, but that's all I can get from them. I've been in almost daily contact with my CA, which is a lot easier now that he's asked me to use his cell number (he's never in his office) and supposedly he's been trying to figure things out with his BMW contact. It just seems so strange that there are so many people involved and no one seems to know what's going on...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #102
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not sure what's going on over there. I placed my order the Monday after the 2012 MY was announced. I believe that was about 4 weeks ago? The only piece of good info that I have is a printout from the dealer's online ordering system. It shows my name, production number, build configuration, and origin dealer of order, and MSRP. BMW NA reps confirm that my order is in and accepted by BMW, but that's all I can get from them. I've been in almost daily contact with my CA, which is a lot easier now that he's asked me to use his cell number (he's never in his office) and supposedly he's been trying to figure things out with his BMW contact. It just seems so strange that there are so many people involved and no one seems to know what's going on...
Not very encouraging. I ordered right around the same time.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #103
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Not very encouraging. I ordered right around the same time.
Yeah, what's strange is at least they knew immediately that you were PW41. My CA (or anyone else) seems to have no clue about anything about my PW. Strange huh?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #104
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, what's strange is at least they knew immediately that you were PW41. My CA (or anyone else) seems to have no clue about anything about my PW. Strange huh?
True, but in all honesty, that could have been a guesstimate. I have received nothing in writing stating a production date.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #105
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
True, but in all honesty, that could have been a guesstimate. I have received nothing in writing stating a production date.
True, I have a feeling that I'm somewhere in the same boat then. I'm starting to be really glad that I didn't delay ordering any longer because I need to have the car by mid-Dec at the very latest, although I was hoping to have it way before then.

Unfortunately, since I also need to sell my current car, time literally is money as it depreciates. I guess on the flip side, since the M3 costs a lot more than my E93 328i, not having the new car probably saves me more money in that regard since the M3 will be depreciating a higher dollar amount in that same amount of time... lol
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #106
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
True, I have a feeling that I'm somewhere in the same boat then. I'm starting to be really glad that I didn't delay ordering any longer because I need to have the car by mid-Dec at the very latest, although I was hoping to have it way before then.

Unfortunately, since I also need to sell my current car, time literally is money as it depreciates. I guess on the flip side, since the M3 costs a lot more than my E93 328i, not having the new car probably saves me more money in that regard since the M3 will be depreciating a higher dollar amount in that same amount of time... lol
Seems so.

I don't need the M3, I just want it!! I had hoped though that it would be here early in Nov at the latest, but it seems that would be impossible based on the production date given and the approx time to get here.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #107
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Yes, that's what I find so strange about yor situation. I can't believe your dealership had a MY12 allocation, a prod num, now a confirmed order and no PW? When I called my CA to see if he had an allocation for a MY12 e92 M3 he said yes and gave me the PW before I even told him I was going to order the car.

I hope someone gets a clue and sorts things out for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #108
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
the tracking is not accurate
up until yesterday it said my car was at the port (Bremerhaven)
today it said it was in transit, and to contact the sales advisor for more info
called my SA and he told me it was on the Integrity
i checked the tracking
and the Integrity left Bremerhaven on the 10th
and it should dock in South Hampton today
next stop Baltimore, MD on the 24th

here it is now
      09-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #109
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
the tracking is not accurate
up until yesterday it said my car was at the port (Bremerhaven)
today it said it was in transit, and to contact the sales advisor for more info
called my SA and he told me it was on the Integrity
i checked the tracking
and the Integrity left Bremerhaven on the 10th
and it should dock in South Hampton today
next stop Baltimore, MD on the 24th
I think I should be on the Integrity too. I just called and they said it was in transit as well and to contact my sales advisor. How do you track the boat and get estimated arrival dates? I can't figure it out on those sites in that guide (the sticky)

Last edited by MR///M3; 09-13-2011 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #110
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post
I think I should be on the Integrity too. I just called and they said it was in transit as well and to contact my sales advisor. How do you track the boat and get estimated arrival dates? I can't figure it out on those sites in that guide (the sticky)
8. Track your car, if shipped by Wallenius Wilhelmsen, using the VIN #:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp
• Go to “track and trace” cargo section on the homepage, at the bottom right.
(as displayed June 2009, this function has changed location over the months)
• Enter the VIN in the “Cargo ID” field of the form
• Hit “Track”
• Status will be displayed once Wallenius has taken taken possession of the car and selected it for shipment.
• You will then know the ships name.

once you know that then go here
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
Search by Vessel Name, Port, or Ocean Area.