BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

09-08-2020, 11:52 PM   #1
scope951
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 M3

Questions about the Electronic M Performance Wheel V2

Hi all, some questions regarding the v2 electronic wheel:

- Does it remember which display mode (efficient, sport, race) you last left it on after turning off and on the car?
- Does it remember which display number (oil water temp, g meter, etc) you last left it on after turning off and on the car?
- How does the overall wheel diameter and grip thickness compare to stock?
- Are all the water temp, oil temp, and other displays available for a 6 speed without the center hump? My car is without the center console display. I know it’s just a display but the base M3 without the hump has less customizable options so just checking there
- Anyone actually use one on the track? Do the shift lifts help through your peripheral vision?
- Are the lights much brighter than the dash during night? I.e. does it make your pupils adjust therefore making it harder to see outside. (Almost like shining a flashlight in your eyes while driving at night, counter productive)

Thanks!

Last edited by scope951; 09-09-2020 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Hello

1) I always use it on the same mode, the one that displays Gs in the little screen. It always stays on that unless I change it manually. So to answer your question, it remembers.

2) This sounds the same as question 1)

3) It is very similar in diameter. Thinner than the F8X wheels. Both my E9Xs have this wheel so I haven't used a stock E9X steering wheel in a long long time

4) Both my E9Xs are single hump, the steering wheel works perfectly on both

5) That's why I bought them. They are super useful. I set mine at 100 rpm before redline and it's very obvious without having to look down at the cluster. You absolutely see them in your peripheral vision. My F80 CS had the heads up display and it's a crappy substitute to the shift lights in the steering wheel. The way the lights work is they go lighting up sequentially in green/yellow/red lights, then when you reach your predefined point the whole light setup flashes. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

6) You can adjust the brightness, but you can also choose to not turn it on. When you turn the car on the steering wheel says hello and then turns off. You press both buttons to turn it on and then the display shows whatever you had it on previously. At that point the shift lights work. After like 30 minutes it will turn off the display but the shift lights will continue to work until you turn the car off. If you press any button on the steering wheel the display turns back on for another 30 min. I've never found the shift lights blinding or distracting during the night
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
scope951
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 M3

Thank you SYT, you answered all my qusetions flawlessly, and helped me build confidence in the mod!!

Can't wait to get one now.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Do you remember your wiring setup to get both memory functions and shift lights to work?

I only have shift lights, it resets at every engine shut off. Gets annoying to consistently reset RPM limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Hello

1) I always use it on the same mode, the one that displays Gs in the little screen. It always stays on that unless I change it manually. So to answer your question, it remembers.

2) This sounds the same as question 1)

3) It is very similar in diameter. Thinner than the F8X wheels. Both my E9Xs have this wheel so I haven't used a stock E9X steering wheel in a long long time

4) Both my E9Xs are single hump, the steering wheel works perfectly on both

5) That's why I bought them. They are super useful. I set mine at 100 rpm before redline and it's very obvious without having to look down at the cluster. You absolutely see them in your peripheral vision. My F80 CS had the heads up display and it's a crappy substitute to the shift lights in the steering wheel. The way the lights work is they go lighting up sequentially in green/yellow/red lights, then when you reach your predefined point the whole light setup flashes. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

6) You can adjust the brightness, but you can also choose to not turn it on. When you turn the car on the steering wheel says hello and then turns off. You press both buttons to turn it on and then the display shows whatever you had it on previously. At that point the shift lights work. After like 30 minutes it will turn off the display but the shift lights will continue to work until you turn the car off. If you press any button on the steering wheel the display turns back on for another 30 min. I've never found the shift lights blinding or distracting during the night
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoustouflant View Post
Do you remember your wiring setup to get both memory functions and shift lights to work?

I only have shift lights, it resets at every engine shut off. Gets annoying to consistently reset RPM limit.
I posted pictures in one of these threads. Both my steering wheels work perfectly, one car is DCT and the other is 6MT

The pictures showed the correct wiring
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #6
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

You can also check your wiring against this thread.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605284
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #7
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoustouflant View Post

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1477308
Appreciate 0