BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

12-10-2019, 05:24 AM   #23
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhan109 View Post
Thank you. Given that there a significant price difference between e90 and e92, can I just simply put on new tips and it will fit?
Yup! You'd be killing one bird with lots of stones there
      12-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #24
Skhan109
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
Quote:
Thank you. Given that there a significant price difference between e90 and e92, can I just simply put on new tips and it will fit?
Thank you !!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #25
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
Quote:
Thank you !!!!
Yep you can, just make sure you have enough room on the new tips to remove some length (See not below, this isn't necessarily requiring you to cut the new tips) since these are Y shaped, there's less room on the single pipe going into the muffler. The ones I posted should have a few inches you can leverage, but just check and make sure on whatever you get...

the best way to probably adjust the length of the Corsa tips (if using an e92 exhaust on an e90) is to get the right size inlet pipes in the tips that allows you to slide them into the muffler pipes. the tips I went with and posted above... my shop went with the inlet size that was I think .25 inches smaller than the muffler outlet, that way it connected to the muffler on the inside.. I almost ordered the same size inlet as the muffler (assuming they need to match sizes as one would normally assume) but they explained it's going to be straighter and much easier to weld if you get the new tips to slide just inside the muffler pipes, and then it's straight as an arrow and a simple weld. Hope that makes sense... would be an expensive and painful mistake to make.
Appreciate 0