BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #45
titleiststud
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
What information do you have about the impact that caused the car to be totaled? Curious of the extent of damage the deemed it so.
From what I was told and could gather, the impact was on the front left and required left fender, front bumper, and undertray replacements. The wheels were also replaced as the impact caused it to go in a curb and bend one of the wheels. No frame damage from what I was told and can tell from being underneath the car and driving it (put 2k miles or so on it already). For the price, I was willing to take the risk of having to upgrade or replace some things, especially considering the car is 10 years old at this point.

On a positive note, I'm in SC and was able to get full comp/collision coverage through my insurance agency.
      08-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #46
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by titleiststud View Post
From what I was told and could gather, the impact was on the front left and required left fender, front bumper, and undertray replacements. The wheels were also replaced as the impact caused it to go in a curb and bend one of the wheels. No frame damage from what I was told and can tell from being underneath the car and driving it (put 2k miles or so on it already). For the price, I was willing to take the risk of having to upgrade or replace some things, especially considering the car is 10 years old at this point.

On a positive note, I'm in SC and was able to get full comp/collision coverage through my insurance agency.
Any idea on what the value was on the car beforehand? As to not seem as if I am fishing, I was involved in an accident this morning at someone else's fault and am impatient on waiting for will it or will it not be totaled.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525885
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #47
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMOM3 View Post
Simple answer: possibly (chassis flex, etc.) depending on the type of damage and quality of repairs.

Likely negligible to the average weekender
but the average weekender is not buying a separate car to build a track toy. Although i've seen my share of people who do lol
      08-15-2018, 08:40 PM   #48
titleiststud
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Any idea on what the value was on the car beforehand? As to not seem as if I am fishing, I was involved in an accident this morning at someone else's fault and am impatient on waiting for will it or will it not be totaled.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525885

Read your thread earlier and it sounded terrifying, but I in the end you were both lucky to walk away. It was totaled in or around 2017 I believe. It is the base M3 with no iDrive, so I'm assuming the value was in the low to mid-20's, but that's just a guess?
      08-16-2018, 07:26 AM   #49
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Read your thread earlier and it sounded terrifying, but I in the end you were both lucky to walk away. It was totaled in or around 2017 I believe. It is the base M3 with no iDrive, so I'm assuming the value was in the low to mid-20's, but that's just a guess?
As mine sits as a 2011 with no options at all, KBB says it is worth just a little under $25k despite the market saying it is worth a decent amount more than that. We'll see where it goes. Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #50
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Damn. That's a steal at $12k. Most us plan to keep ours for a while anyways.

Wouldn't mind saving a solid $16k from what I purchased mine at!

I could have used that difference and bought another rebuilt car if something went wrong with the first, ha!
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #51
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Quote:
As mine sits as a 2011 with no options at all, KBB says it is worth just a little under $25k despite the market saying it is worth a decent amount more than that. We'll see where it goes. Congrats on the car!
Market? Not entirely... to an enthusiast your car is worth more. The general market typically doesn't desire stripper cars
      08-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #52
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Market? Not entirely... to an enthusiast your car is worth more. The general market typically doesn't desire stripper cars
General market doesn't go searching 8-10 yr old V8 M3s either. The market for this car is enthusiasts at this point.
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #53
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPLV View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
General market doesn't go searching 8-10 yr old V8 M3s either. The market for this car is enthusiasts at this point.
I disagree. But I see your point
      08-25-2018, 10:20 AM   #54
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPLV View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I disagree. But I see your point
I think A LOT of people accidentally stumble upon a used E93 and make a purchase. My guess is it is very rare for someone to purchase an E90 or E92 without knowing what the car is. Typically they know what they are looking for and what they will accept when purchasing an M3. Although I have recently seen a few threads from E90 and E92 buyers asking some rudimentary questions which throws my theory out the window. With that being said I do agree that it takes a special buyer to purchase an M3 with a single option (cigarette lighter) and fully prepared to pay more for that car than a fully optioned one.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #55
perth1
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
would it handle as nice if anything repaired wasn't 100% to spec? Something like a frame or something that is not 100% in line with factory.
Hi,
Performing wheel alignment with electronic 4-wheel laser based measurement equipment will confirm if there is any misalignment or incorrect measurements. Have you performed a wheel alignment yet? Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #56
monterey
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

something doesn't add up here. seems too good to be true. but incredible find at 50% off!
Appreciate 0