BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

10-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #67
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Bunch of random updates.

Moved some place in SF with a garage and a driveway. Driveway sucks to wash the car in though.

Got a fucking grill in the Car on 4th of July with the fold down seats that were previously installed.

Did half ass cleaning of the engine bay and floor mats.

Got B6 EDC struts and shocks and had them installed at Elite Performance re-using the ZCP springs. I knew that they would sit the same or higher than ZCP hardware they were replacing but didn't know it would end up this high. It's settling a bit, but not a lot. Bought Eibach pros off a forum member but not installed yet. Apparently it costs about the same to install the springs as it did the shocks..... damn.

If I had to do it over again probably go with the b16 coil over kit, or OEM? The B6 seems to be an upgrade over stock for performance and they are softening up after 700 miles or so. They were pretty stiff when they first went on with new upper and lower mounts.

Noticed this Prius is the exact same color on my way to the dentist

Got take it out, keep the fluids moving and the battery charged!

To a hike at Devil's Pass

Early across the golden gate

Took the M3 out on a summer night and took some pics just as the sun was going down.

As far as the B6 EDC struts and shocks not sure what to do. Don't want to just throw more money at it and end up with a better look but too stiff a ride and spring that are out of spec with the B6 kit. I'd really rather spend my money on something else.

Currently on my list is
  • New engine air filter and cabin air filters when fire season is over
  • New Windshield wipers
  • Corsa exhaust (why is no one selling one used )
  • Black tips for Corsa exhaust welded on
  • The driveline feels sloppy to me. Needs a refresh of something... transmission mounts? Guibo? Pretty sure the drive shaft is sagging slightly.
  • I have new Akebono brake pads in the box, but still have 50% life left on current pads
  • I have new O2 sensors that will go on the car next time the car is on a lift
  • Tempted to get Eventuri CF intake and lid *IF* it's worth it soundwise after the plenum
  • Car really needs a CF spoiler but OEM is hard to come by and don't want to deal with fitment/peeling/yellowing issues
  • Some of the trim on the interior needs a refresh
  • Need to do some wiring work to get passenger heated seat working and new HVAC piece with buttons for heated seat
  • Need to refit CF splitters in the front, I did a shit job the first time

Last edited by akkando; 10-19-2020 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #68
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Good stuff! Love the way you're using the car. And man I love IB ...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #69
JIMN9NE
Private
Rep
Drives: M440i

Great looking E90. IB was my top choice but ended up with a SG. I also have an E90 and live in SF
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 05:22 PM   #70
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMN9NE View Post
Great looking E90. IB was my top choice but ended up with a SG. I also have an E90 and live in SF
Damn Space Gray was my top choice but I ended up with Alpine white!!
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 01:11 AM   #71
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

The grass is always ... bluer or grayer.
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00
      11-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #72
akkando
Major General
Rep

Corsa exhaust is on the car. A bit more drone than stock/2-pipe mod at above 2800 rpm. Sounds good though. Going to have chrome tips swapped for matte black tomorrow.

Tried to get to Lick Observatory on Mt. Hamilton but it was too wet and cold to be safe on these tires so turned around.

Last edited by akkando; 01-25-2021 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #73
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Shame, thats a lovely drive when its dry.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #74
lagunablue1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / F97 X3M

Man, as a fellow slicktop IB e90 owner, I love this thread and what you've done with the car. Super jealous of the palladium silver to folding black interior swap.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #75
akkando
Major General
Rep

Cheap ECS CF spoiler went on and matte black tips for the Corsa. Wish I had the tips tucked a bit more but oh well. Maybe someday cans painted black and tips tucked a bit.

Last edited by akkando; 01-25-2021 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2020, 08:41 PM   #76
akkando
Major General
Rep

Got a GoPro to take some videos. Listen to the induction noise!

Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00
      12-08-2020, 12:50 AM   #77
ForTheLoveOfTheDrive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 ZCP

Garage List
Subscribed! This is an awesome spec’d e90. The eventuri plenum sounds incredible. Any noticeable difference to the throttle response outside of the insane interior and exterior sound this thing omits? Im also in the Bay Area, SF, and just recently picked up a 2011 E90 ZCP JB.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #78
SalimM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1997 M3

The corsa with black tips look great! How do you like the ECS spoiler? Hows the quality and fit? I have an IB sedan also and have been looking for a good rep option. Thanks!

Is this the one you got:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...007ecs03a~ecs/
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #79
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalimM3 View Post
The corsa with black tips look great! How do you like the ECS spoiler? Hows the quality and fit? I have an IB sedan also and have been looking for a good rep option. Thanks!

Is this the one you got:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...007ecs03a~ecs/
Bought from Turner and even though they have different pictures the part number is the same so should be the same.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...-rear-spoiler/

It's heavy so obviously not high quality, probably carbon over plastic. There is a smallish blemish on it that I would have them replace if it was a more expensive product but I just don't want to deal with it. Fitment seems pretty good I think. I feel like it's not perfectly aligned where the back touches the trunk but I can't tell if that's my install or the spoiler. It seemed perfect before I took the backing of the tape off so it could just be my mistake during install. I don't think anyone else but me would notice.

I'm more worried it turning yellow or the clear coat crack or flakes off or something. At least it's cheap. Time will tell.

If it holds up I think it's a perfectly reasonable cheap alternative to OEM. Ask yourself for this price point are you okay with less than perfect?
Appreciate 2
      01-21-2021, 01:08 PM   #80
Msidhu1
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 IB DCT

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDNY516 View Post
Check this out. I did this the day I bought the car from previous owner. At first glance, and to the non-enthusiast, the seats looked okay. Before and after on 50/50 comparison.

Products:
AmmoNYC Interior Cleaner
AmmoNYC Conditioner
Thanks for sharing... This gave me confidence to try it on mine. Amazing Results... Specially when I thought my driver side seat was in very good condition. Very noticeable on steering wheel as well.
Appreciate 1
JDAURIA723.50
      01-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #81
akkando
Major General
Rep

Installed Carplay unit from Carsara (bought on Ali Express). Info on the unit in this thread. https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788909

Running the mic cable was kind of a pain, getting the cables to fit behind the HVAC unit was a huge pain in the ass, and they sent me the wrong LSVD cable (head unit video out to Carsara input) so I had to wait a couple weeks to complete the install. That said it looks great, sounds great with car coded to take the audio input from the rear quadralock harness instead of the armrest, mic works, and steering wheel controls work, activates Siri etc. A++ if you can get it working on CIC. Only issues at the moment is it's a bit cumbersome when switching which phone in the car is going to control Carplay and for whatever reason the Nav volume is crazy high. Don't think others have that last problem though.

Stripped the fucking T-Bolt when taking the negative battery cable off so got a new one of those too.

Aux front means it's getting the audio from the Carplay box fed via the quadralock on the back of the head unit. Have to code the car to get aux this way. Sounds great!

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 07:40 PM   #82
akkando
Major General
Rep

Got Eventuri Carbon Fiber Intake and Lid on Black Friday sale from ind-distribution. It was back ordered and took a long time to ship. I had read a post made by another forum member that adding the intake and lid after the plenum added some more great noise so that's why I pulled the trigger, plus 2020 sucked.

Old filter, lid, and intake elbow coming out. Had a couple leaves and bee. Filter 6+ months old?

Install seems simple enough, but I found a way to fuck it up. The filter comes with a dust shield that apparently deflects water and more if it gets sucked up the lower scoop in the front bumper. It's stuck on with something sticky but I managed to weaken it when I was using to manhandle the cone during install. Can't have this thing flopping around in there so I took it off, cleaned up the tape, added new 3M automotive tape, and installed it again.

The instructions say to get the dust shield up against the lower airbox and the filter close to the wall at the end of the cone but not touching. What it doesn't say is to angle the cone down to help everything fit cleanly. Protip: Apparently undoing the lower airbox bolts a bit will help you adjust the box to the intake rather than the other way around.

So what do I think? Honestly it doesn't change the sound much, so I am disappointed. While I can't compare intake and lid vs plenum, I can say adding the intake and lid after the plenum is much much less dramatic than just the plenum.

I also would prefer to be able to use a regular OEM paper filter rather than having to clean the cone or buy a new one. It's not oiled at least. Apparently the Eventuri elbow is designed according to Eventuri to move around at the neoprene section where the intake meets the lower and upper airbox. The kit even came with some neoprene implying I will have to replace the piece over the elbow at some point. The stock and other similar filters push against that little nub on the airbox so there is no way the stock or similar elbows will move around. I am also nervous the dust shield is going to rub itself off the filter since it's touching the side of the airbox, though I have not heard of this happening to anyone. The thought that water from the provided lower scoop could shoot up water into the intake is scary, but again, never heard of this happening to anyone.

I may decide to sell the intake and lid and go back to stock or get a CF elbow that will take an OEM paper filter.

I will upload a better video at some point, have not had a chance to make a good one.

Last edited by akkando; 01-25-2021 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 2
Rochen_00349.50
Msidhu195.50
      01-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #83
akkando
Major General
Rep

New HVAC controls from ebay with heated seat buttons. Didn't need the trim and extra lower buttons. Driver seat works. Passenger needs additional wiring and coding.

Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 06:36 AM   #84
Rochen_00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

Great Job, nice car bro!

Alpinemss Tuned | Tecnocraft E9X ///M3 Envy™ Intake System | MS Pulleys | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | Ohlins Road&track| BBK Brembo 6p Front & Brembo 4p Rear| H&R Stabilisator| Solid subframe bushings| full spherical bushings| Recaro pole position
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:02 PM   #85
akkando
Major General
Rep

Installed a backup camera. Hadn't done any wiring like this before besides the Carsara Carplay box. When I did the Carplay box I already had the camera but didn't feel like doing it all at once but I thought ahead and pre wired the box for the camera and stuff the cable under the glove box. That way I didn't have to tear apart the dash again and try to fit the CIC back in with all the cables back there.

It was mostly straight forward, just went slow so I didn't break any tabs or whatever. At one point I was debating what was my best option for where to run the camera cable, taped on or inside the trunk lid? So I got my GF for a second opinion. She grabbed the cable in questions and tried to run it down the red line in the image I have drawn a red line on. The cable got stuck. We spent like 30 minutes scraping up our hands trying to get it out. I was ready to give up, cut the cable, and order a new camera. She eventually got the cable out thank god! Other than that pretty much smooth sailing.
Attached Images

Last edited by akkando; 04-29-2021 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
wyatth3548.50
      04-29-2021, 09:56 PM   #86
akkando
Major General
Rep

Pic added because
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
shimmy232341.00
Msidhu195.50
jiggz2139.50
wyatth3548.50
      04-30-2021, 01:34 PM   #87
Ubersmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Pic added because
Sold me on CF splitters and mirror covers for my IB
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #88
akkando
Major General
Rep

Refreshed some of the plastic trim in the car. One old piece included as reference. Cup holder trim next.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1