BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

09-08-2020, 02:06 PM   #23
SalimM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1997 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
Thanks!

The immediate plans are to get the paint corrected and everything ceramic coated. The exterior is near flawless so afterward, it should look almost showroom.

I have an Ulitmate clutch pedal waiting to be installed, waiting for my Autosolutions shifter (12 percent throw reduction, 10mm height increase) to come before I knock both out.

I would love to pick up a set of Bilstein B16 if I can find a set in stock somewhere, a few members got lucky and got a set recently. Leads anyone? I might end up with B6 Damptronic shocks and a set of springs instead.

I'm also on a group buy waitlist for the GTS reproduction front lip from Germany that we have going on the forums. I was hoping IND would've had a Labor Day sale, I might have picked up an Eventuri Plenum. I guess I'll wait.

I love pretty much everything about the E9x M3's interior besides the seating position, I always feel like I'm sitting too high compared to my F80, it also doesn't help that I have a longer torso than average. Currently in talks with AMX to have them make me a set of Recaros with side airbags, passenger occupancy sensor, embossed headrest M logos in factory Speed Cloth. I want everything to be plug and play like OEM. Hoping the lower seating position will make the drive perfect.

Here you go brand new set of B16, I just saw the ad while skimming the classifieds.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743623
Appreciate 1
DanMpower3231.00
      09-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #24
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalimM3 View Post
Awesome update on the new addition! Can you point me in the direction of where you got your Black BMW Grills from?
Thanks SalimM3,

These are the "edition" version that is black chrome.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...grille-package
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #25
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Looking great man!! Some IND painted roundels will go amazingly with the grille and badge!
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 1
DanMpower3231.00
      09-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #26
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Thanks wyatth,

The car had 46k when I bought it. I've never been too impressed with the stock ZCP suspension, but I do still want to retain the EDC function.

I had a set of Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit on my previous E90 non EDC and the ride was amazing, it was perfect actually. Just firm enough, felt very flat and planted yet still very comfortable. I want that same ride quality and handling but still retain EDC functions. Hoping the B16 set offer that.
Ah, very interesting! My ZCP is around 55K now and I actually love it for street use. I added the Dinan bar and plates, and will soon add their monoball FCABs and a solid subframe. When these wear out, I am thinking about the B16s as well. I don't want it much stiffer or lower, though, as real world roads just aren't that great. Anxious for your feedback whenever you make the change!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 03:50 AM   #27
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update 9/8 - Valve covers, plugs and TAs

Today was preventative maintenance day.

I took care of the valve covers, spark plug tubes, spark plugs, throttle actuators, cabin filters, and fuel breather valve.

I really enjoy working on the S65, what a masterpiece of engineering this motor is.

Needed to get rid of these ugly warts on the driver side valve cover. Replaced both sides with new OEM replacements.

Prepping the new cover, install new spark plug tubes.

Don't forget the Drei Bond. I'm guessing this is BMW's equivalent to HondaBond that I grew up on.

New spark plugs installed while we have everything out.

Old plugs with about 21k miles.

Almost finish and looking fresh again.

New throttle actuators going in, these are from FCP Euro with lifetime warranties.

New fuel breather valve since we have the plenum off, the rear hose is always tricky to get off. Luckily I've done this job 3 times already.

Last edited by DanMpower; 09-24-2020 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 6
//steve\\1074.00
94jedi829.00
WWM3964.00
wyatth3548.50
      09-09-2020, 07:06 AM   #28
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Great work man! How does she run w/ new plugs and T/A's? Must be super smooth now?
      09-09-2020, 08:27 AM   #29
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Nice work! Reasonably low miles to do all that maintenance work tho.
      09-09-2020, 12:48 PM   #30
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Glad I found your thread! Seems like we're on the same build schedule.

Have you heard back from AMX on the seats? I have cloth seats as well, and the idea of having it match is appealing.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 07:49 PM   #31
AR_Motorwerkz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4, BMW WIDEBODY F13

Quote:
Thanks!

The immediate plans are to get the paint corrected and everything ceramic coated.

I have an Ulitmate clutch pedal waiting to be installed, waiting for my Autosolutions shifter (12 percent throw reduction, 10mm height increase) to come before I knock both out.

I would love to pick up a set of Bilstein B16 if I can find a set in stock somewhere, a few members got lucky and got a set recently. Leads anyone? I might end up with B6 Damptronic shocks and a set of springs instead.

I'm also on a group buy waitlist for the GTS reproduction front lip from 360Carbon Germany that we have going on the forums. I was hoping IND would've had a Labor Day sale, I might have picked up an Eventuri Plenum. I guess I'll wait.

I love pretty much everything about the E9x M3's interior besides the seating position, I always feel like I'm sitting too high compared to my F80, it also doesn't help that I have a longer torso than average. Currently in talks with AMX to have them make me a set of Recaros with side airbags, passenger occupancy sensor, embossed headrest M logos in factory Speed Cloth. I want everything to be plug and play like OEM. Hoping the lower seating position will make the drive perfect.

Great that you have a plan in mind. Good luck with the parts hunt!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 08:18 PM   #32
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Thanks!

The immediate plans are to get the paint corrected and everything ceramic coated.

I'm also on a group buy waitlist for the GTS reproduction front lip from 360Carbon Germany that we have going on the forums. I was hoping IND would've had a Labor Day sale, I might have picked up an Eventuri Plenum. I guess I'll wait.

Those are the sexiest seats I've ever seen.

Congrats on the purchase!
      09-11-2020, 09:00 AM   #33
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

You like the Griots fabric cleaner for the speed cloth? I've used hot water but still have some spotting, trying to figure out what's the best approach to cleaning without getting too aggressive and ruining something.

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #34
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
You like the Griots fabric cleaner for the speed cloth? I've used hot water but still have some spotting, trying to figure out what's the best approach to cleaning without getting too aggressive and ruining something.
I do and I think it works wonders on the speed cloth because it's not too aggressive and leaves the fabric looking new after drying. I also have Sonax Upholstery/Alcantara cleaner that I bought after watching Matt from Obsessed Garage clean his Speed Cloth E92 with that stuff. I tried it out on a small section of the rear seat and while it works okay, it leaves a REALLY strong odor of citrus/lemon that I'm not a fan of.

I like Griot's interior because it doesn't have any chemical or perfume smell to it, amazingly my car still has the "new car" smell and I didn't want to mask it with some fruity scent cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
Those are the sexiest seats I've ever seen.

Congrats on the purchase!
Yes indeed! That pic was from another member who had it done and I instantly fell in love, knew I had to have a set.
Appreciate 2
M3R12164.00
      09-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #35
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Great work man! How does she run w/ new plugs and T/A's? Must be super smooth now?
Smooth like a JUKI sewing machine.

The plugs were changed at 25k miles from the previous owner according to the service records so I'll try and keep the plug change intervals to around 20k miles. She runs better than ever.
Appreciate 2
DRLane3985.50
94jedi829.00
      09-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #36
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post

The plugs were changed at 25k miles from the previous owner according to the service records so I'll try and keep the plug change intervals to around 20k miles. She runs better than ever.
What you know about JUKI?
      09-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #37
Stylo328
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Congrats on the new ride. She looks great already. I can't wait to see her progress. As the proud owner of your E90, seeing how meticulous you are, makes me feel even better about my purchase.

Also, seeing you build thread, makes me realize how much I have to up my effort on my own.
Appreciate 1
DanMpower3231.00
      09-11-2020, 10:40 AM   #38
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
congrats on the pick up. I am looking at picking up another E9x... just so torn on what to do!
Appreciate 2
dmk087316.00
94jedi829.00
      09-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #39
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Ahh so this is where you went! Congrats man.
Appreciate 1
DanMpower3231.00
      09-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #40
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
congrats on the pick up. I am looking at picking up another E9x... just so torn on what to do!
There's no question, do it!
      09-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #41
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Awesome! Plug change lined up for my car in the next few weeks! It'll be a DIY...any tips for me? Back two are a PITA, I know...
      09-11-2020, 06:13 PM   #42
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
I do and I think it works wonders on the speed cloth because it's not too aggressive and leaves the fabric looking new after drying. I also have Sonax Upholstery/Alcantara cleaner that I bought after watching Matt from Obsessed Garage clean his Speed Cloth E92 with that stuff. I tried it out on a small section of the rear seat and while it works okay, it leaves a REALLY strong odor of citrus/lemon that I'm not a fan of.

I like Griot's interior because it doesn't have any chemical or perfume smell to it, amazingly my car still has the "new car" smell and I didn't want to mask it with some fruity scent cleaner.

Yes indeed! That pic was from another member who had it done and I instantly fell in love, knew I had to have a set.
What's your routine when cleaning speed cloth with Griot's interior cleaner? Just spray onto a foam applicator and rub it into the cloth? I was about to purchase the Sonax cleaner after watching Matt's video but I'm glad I didn't...I'm not a big fan of "synthetic" sents either.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #43
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
What's your routine when cleaning speed cloth with Griot's interior cleaner? Just spray onto a foam applicator and rub it into the cloth? I was about to purchase the Sonax cleaner after watching Matt's video but I'm glad I didn't...I'm not a big fan of "synthetic" sents either.
Yes exactly right. I had a damp foam applicator, spray it on, and massage it in. Then used a clean microfiber to wipe it down after and let it dry.
Appreciate 2
911r889.00
94jedi829.00
      09-11-2020, 11:49 PM   #44
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Yes exactly right. I had a damp foam applicator, spray it on, and massage it in. Then used a clean microfiber to wipe it down after and let it dry.
Right on, I'll have to give that a try! Cheers
Appreciate 0