BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #23
SeeSax
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Sorry that I don't have any experience with the three listed, but I'm going to throw another vote in for the Corsa which I think sounds like what you are looking for. Mine, paired with an AFE HFC X-pipe is everything I have ever hoped for in exhaust sound. I couldn't get a hold of the ESS X-pipe with the HFC as another member mentioned, so I went with the AFE instead.

Some folks complain about how the tips look, but they don't bother me at all:

-Collin-
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #24
BPe90M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeSax View Post
Sorry that I don't have any experience with the three listed, but I'm going to throw another vote in for the Corsa which I think sounds like what you are looking for. Mine, paired with an AFE HFC X-pipe is everything I have ever hoped for in exhaust sound. I couldn't get a hold of the ESS X-pipe with the HFC as another member mentioned, so I went with the AFE instead.

Some folks complain about how the tips look, but they don't bother me at all:

-Collin-
Thanks for chiming in. No doubt Corsa sounds perfect. For me, its more of how the cans look out of place. Anyone in NNJ with the Corsa?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #25
cjpavao
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

I bought mine with Dinan and it sounded good but it was a little too quiet for me. I added test pipes and now I love it. Loud and exotic sounding when you’re on it, but quiet with no drone when you just want to cruise or not make a lot of noise.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:25 PM   #26
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

I was an MPE fan but that might be too tame for you. I also had an E. Race, Borla Attak, Corsa and AA Signature. The AA had a nice high pitch, check 'em out. You can make any exhaust with low hanging cans a non issue with some high temp black paint. Happy hunting!
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #27
damascus
gear head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6M Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Oem. exhaust mod . ? Zero drone !
I love mine
agreed! i have the same and could not imagine a better sounding system (although, yes, sound is VERY subjective!)...

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319755
      07-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #28
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Unless someone went in and swapped my V-8 for something with an LS in its name, I'm pretty sure putting a Borla on my car did NOT make it sound like American muscle.
scrammer421.50
      07-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #29
SeeSax
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPe90M3 View Post
Thanks for chiming in. No doubt Corsa sounds perfect. For me, its more of how the cans look out of place. Anyone in NNJ with the Corsa?
I totally feel you on the cans - now those I can complain about :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by damascus View Post
agreed! i have the same and could not imagine a better sounding system (although, yes, sound is VERY subjective!)...

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319755
Yeah . I replied a lot in that thread . It's nice to hear , you love yours too

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #31
BPe90M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Unless someone went in and swapped my V-8 for something with an LS in its name, I'm pretty sure putting a Borla on my car did NOT make it sound like American muscle.
Lol i didn't even realize you had A Borla. I didn't get a chance to get a nice listen at the Bear Mountain run.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #32
BPe90M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
I was an MPE fan but that might be too tame for you. I also had an E. Race, Borla Attak, Corsa and AA Signature. The AA had a nice high pitch, check 'em out. You can make any exhaust with low hanging cans a non issue with some high temp black paint. Happy hunting!
I actually like the AA style mufflers (similar to challenge). Just want sure on the sound of the AA. Really wish I could hear all of these in person.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #33
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Quote:
I actually like the AA style mufflers (similar to challenge). Just want sure on the sound of the AA. Really wish I could hear all of these in person.
Another vote for AA signature. Have it on since 2009 and still sounds awesome and looks great. I actually had a neighbor come to my house asking about the exhaust because he did the OEM mod and was like .... why doesn't mine sound like yours.....lol. Plus it has a great look to it, combined with a diffuser......
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 01:16 PM   #34
BPe90M3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Another vote for AA signature. Have it on since 2009 and still sounds awesome and looks great. I actually had a neighbor come to my house asking about the exhaust because he did the OEM mod and was like .... why doesn't mine sound like yours.....lol. Plus it has a great look to it, combined with a diffuser......
It does. My only concern with the AA is that it seems to get quiet at a high rpm (at least in the videos I have seen). It seems like its pretty loud in the low-medium range, but doesn't scream up top like others.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #35
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I vote for the AA when it comes to an exotic and elegant sound.

Reactions from a group drive:
A. Stroked E9x with Dinan rear and Dinan Midpipe
B. Akraprovic evo full sys
C. Corsa with test pipes
D. Me with AA axle back only

A, B and C were more curious about my setup and how nice it sounded. I was not impressed with neither of the others. I liked the corsa but it was not a smooth as the AA, however, they both have that nice howl.

Later, A switched to a catless Gintani xpipe and I drove it and I loved how the Dinan rear kept things in check until you opened it up. The interior sound was exhilarating.

I am now running and MPE and as previous the stock xpipe.

I have the AA in my closet and will be posting it for sale. The only reason for change was the drone. I am an older guy and I had the AA for 6 six years.

Lastly, I am not an attention whore but I still appreciated the feedback that I received from the AA. I've had younger and really older folks pull to the side of me, grab my attention to have me roll down my windows to talk about how good it sounds.

As good as the MPE is, I haven't received even a head turn.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #36
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I vote for the AA when it comes to an exotic and elegant sound.

Reactions from a group drive:
A. Stroked E9x with Dinan rear and Dinan Midpipe
B. Akraprovic evo full sys
C. Corsa with test pipes
D. Me with AA axle back only

A, B and C were more curious about my setup and how nice it sounded. I was not impressed with neither of the others. I liked the corsa but it was not a smooth as the AA, however, they both have that nice howl.

Later, A switched to a catless Gintani xpipe and I drove it and I loved how the Dinan rear kept things in check until you opened it up. The interior sound was exhilarating.

I am now running and MPE and as previous the stock xpipe.

I have the AA in my closet and will be posting it for sale. The only reason for change was the drone. I am an older guy and I had the AA for 6 six years.

Lastly, I am not an attention whore but I still appreciated the feedback that I received from the AA. I've had younger and really older folks pull to the side of me, grab my attention to have me roll down my windows to talk about how good it sounds.

As good as the MPE is, I haven't received even a head turn.
Your description is spot on about AA vs MPE (and others). I literally had one person driving an M3 come to my driveway once asking me what the heck I am running on my car. On Sunday I drove my buddy's M3 with MPE and couldn't believe the difference. Quieter and less aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #37
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

I have the miesterchaft gt2 with the black shield, I think it looks awesome with it especially against a black car
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 10:25 PM   #38
ZzboizZ
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It does. My only concern with the AA is that it seems to get quiet at a high rpm (at least in the videos I have seen). It seems like its pretty loud in the low-medium range, but doesn't scream up top like others.
yup that's one thing I dont like about AA. when i punch it, I wanna hear it scream. nice low to mid tone tho
Appreciate 0