BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

03-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #45
Magnetic Fusion
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Generally when people say that, they aren't referring to anything you mentioned. They are referring to the size, weight and performance of the newer models, the cheaper materials used, the watered down of the models for the sake of marketing, how less driver focused their cars have become. Manuals are going away, xis are filling the lineup, BMWs are no longer the "Ultimate Driving Experience" they once were, very few models even come close now a days. They are trying to appeal to the mass market and in doing so they've 'lost their way' in what made them what they were years ago.

FYI Porsche still manages to make 3000lb cars and are more driver focused these days.

I think we all understand a company needs to do what they have to, to stay in business, but that doesn't mean we have to like it, and it also means very few of their cars appeal to people who used to love the brand.
That's a statement I can definitely agree on. On top of the ever growing price tag! I priced a new M4 and it was $84,000! Way too much for ///M these days. That's about $10k over the price of a new E92 the last year it was made. I've never driven anything under a 92 model 3 series. I love the 3 series! All other cars are just too big for me with the exception of the Z series. My wife wants a Z4M and I'm on board with that. But yes the car has become more commercialized catering to people that want to have a "luxury" car and not so much what the driver wants. The crazy thing is they have such a big lineup of cars they should make the ///M more of a drivers car. When I see things like the M235 I laugh because those people think they own a real M and it drives me nuts when they compare it to my car. Don't get me started on the M dress up parts for standard BMW's making those people think if they put M door sills on their car they now have a M. I can't believe BMW even went that route. At least they kept the M4 and M2 in stick for those that want it. Not my thing as I love the DCT, but in an E46 M3 I'd take a stick any day over the SMG II. I had the E46 M with the SMG II and didn't like it as much as my stick shift on my E36. The crappy thing is I see a lot of manufacturers going the same way as BMW. Even Porsche makes that hideous Panorama! Ferrari making a station wagon, etc etc. If I had the money to buy a Ferrari it wouldn't be a station wagon! I just read an article about BMW creating a X7.....another X to the line up! I feel your pain! Where's the fun cars? M2 seems like the only choice for something decent at a decent price! Same figures performance wise as the M4 so why plop down an extra $20,000 for nothing? I want a new M2 but then I think I may rebuild my E36 and have more fun with that....and it's paid for
      03-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #46
Magnetic Fusion
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
My biggest gripe is gas tank size, so small for how low the MPG's are. I dont mind getting bad MPG as much as I hate filling up so much due to how small the tank is.
I agree! I have driven my M3 across country and felt like I was filling up every 2 hours! 350 max highway miles isn't the greatest. The car got bigger, faster, but the gas tank stayed the same size. I don't understand that logic at all!
      03-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #47
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Fusion View Post
Here's the funny thing....I made one right before that that was LONGER! I deleted that one and started over. I will say...I'm a talker! So yes I know my videos can extend longer than what they need. I'm a die cast car reviewer not a real car reviewer. And since the "10 things I hate about my....." is a fairly new YouTube thread going around I wanted to ride the wave and get something recorded while I had time. So yeah....not the best review by any means I just hope you got out of the the 10 gripes I hate....minus the rant and poor review that went with it...HAHA! Thanks for watching. Negative or positive you took an interest and I appreciate it!
I couldn't hear much in the video
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 06:26 AM   #48
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

You know what cracks me up? The people who say ///Ms are for enthusiasts and racing, 335i are for everyone else but has a heavy ass sunroof on their M3 and headlight washers.

You know what else cracks me up? The thought of BMW having to deal with the constant complaining about everything by everyone. No wonder they don't give a **** about anything half of us say. I would care either.

Btw, half the complaints on these cars are things I love about it. The reason why the other cars have "10 things I hate" videos is cause they have got a ton of issues while the e92 pretty much gets 99% of things right.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 12:02 AM   #49
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love
You know what cracks me up? The people who say ///Ms are for enthusiasts and racing, 335i are for everyone else but has a heavy ass sunroof on their M3 and headlight washers.

You know what else cracks me up? The thought of BMW having to deal with the constant complaining about everything by everyone. No wonder they don't give a **** about anything half of us say. I would care either.

Btw, half the complaints on these cars are things I love about it. The reason why the other cars have "10 things I hate" videos is cause they have got a ton of issues while the e92 pretty much gets 99% of things right.

Cheers,
e46e92
Agree with everything except your first statement. Sunroof or not, the driving experience is significantly enhanced when moving to an M car. I find it silly that people try to pretend their M cars are race cares.. track cars even! Yes they can be tracked and do a pretty decent job in that environment, but at the end of the day we're talking about a performance luxury car here. Give me a sunroof please and always give me 3 pedals! This is my DD that I enjoy. If I want a lightweight track car I'd go Porsche. GT4 maybe.

Appreciate 0