BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

12-13-2023, 11:56 PM   #67
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathall1 View Post
Does anybody else find that this thing sucks? Installed it in my car and it's unbelievably finicky. The phone has to be on the EXACT perfect spot in the tray for it to work, and taking even moderate turns during completely normal driving runs the risk of moving the phone slightly and disconnecting it from the pad. Even when it is charging, it charges hilariously slowly (I'm talking like 2% over a 90 minute drive) and even sometimes drains the battery from my phone. I also sometimes get warnings that the phone needs to cool down before it'll continue charging. I'm constantly fidgeting with my phone to get it in the exact correct placement. Has anyone else found that this is a waste of time? And if so, does anyone have any alternatives? I love the concept, just not sure that this product is it.
Yup! It was a great concept but in general if you have newer gen iPhone where the cameras stick out this is where the issues started for me. Also the positioning thing and slow charging. I'll be removing mine and selling it and going back to the lighter charger. It is what it is.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2023, 12:59 AM   #68
pathall1
Rep
Drives: Nothing yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Yup! It was a great concept but in general if you have newer gen iPhone where the cameras stick out this is where the issues started for me. Also the positioning thing and slow charging. I'll be removing mine and selling it and going back to the lighter charger. It is what it is.
I'm surprised nobody has tried to create an alternative that incorporates MagSafe into the whole thing. I feel like this could really make the whole concept work. Are you aware of any other alternatives?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2023, 01:15 AM   #69
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathall1 View Post
I'm surprised nobody has tried to create an alternative that incorporates MagSafe into the whole thing. I feel like this could really make the whole concept work. Are you aware of any other alternatives?
Yeah. Not aware of any alternatives, parts just arrived so this will be coming off next visit to the shop.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0