BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

02-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
IYKTYK25
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Best insurance for a DUI

So I got caught with a DUI as I was driving on the freeway last year... went a little too fast in my E9X and got pulled over. Im only 20 and I'm from Norcal so I was curious which insurance would be best for me. I get my full license non-restricted back in april. I know im pretty much fucked and might have to drive my old car but yeah. I wanna move to a 16' A6 when I get my license so what would you guys suggest. I need a SR-22 supposedly. Which insurance would be best to insure a 20 year old with a dui on his record who wants to pick up a 16' A6? how do i reduce my insurance cost? I was debating to wait until the SR-22 high rate insurance is off my record and get a S6 but at this point im willing to settle for an A6 if I can get it 2 years earlier.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
RC Post
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

You are not going to get any answers for that off a forum..

Pick up the phone and start getting quotes. Good luck.
Appreciate 3
      02-18-2019, 11:13 PM   #3
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYKTYK25 View Post
I need a SR-22 supposedly. Which insurance would be best to insure a 20 year old with a dui on his record who wants to pick up a 16' A6?
Lmfao. Call some insurance brokers in your area. How are strangers on an online forum supposed to answer this? There are countless variables that factor into an individual's insurance policy before you even throw a DUI into the mix.

Quote:
how do i reduce my insurance cost?
Take the bus.

Quote:
I was debating to wait until the SR-22 high rate insurance is off my record and get a S6 but at this point im willing to settle for an A6 if I can get it 2 years earlier.
More likely than not, this is your only viable option. You'll be lucky to afford to insure a Civic at this point, let alone dream of an A6 or S6. I think you need a reality check here.

Also, I hope this experience teaches you to stop being a dumbass and getting behind the wheel while intoxicated and speeding on top of that.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc

Last edited by 6ixSpd; 02-18-2019 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: SP
Appreciate 8
MattM3SVT193.00
Biginboca3761.50
ItsGary1457.50
xcusem3456.50
Klambo27.00
Soden82477.00
      02-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #4
IYKTYK25
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Lmfao. Call some insurance brokers in your area. How are strangers on an online forum supposed to answer this?

There are countless variables that factor into an individual's insurance policy before you even through a DUI into the mix.

Also, I hope this experience teaches you to stop being a dumbass and getting behind the wheel while intoxicated and speeding on top of that.
Maybe they have experience or been in a situation similar? I mean doesn't hurt to ask everywhere regardless if it's "necessary" or not. If you can't answer then all good move along. No need to pass judgement. And by the way I was going 75 which im sure everyone here goes, if not more on the freeway at night when theres no traffic so no need for that. People go 80 on average here in cali on the freeway. And ALSO, by the way I had a beer and a half. If I was over 21 it would be no biggie.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #5
IYKTYK25
Rep

And since this ones being anal, I guess ill point out that I have a clean record besides that. My credit score is considered "Great" and im a careful driver. I just happen to have had bad luck due to my loud exhaust. I own a condo. I got quoted at progressive and for some reason they didnt run a background check and factor my DUI in my insurance so I was like wtf... bought a new policy too.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:26 PM   #6
gerikivan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe, E82 135i

Quote:
And since this ones being anal, I guess ill point out that I have a clean record besides that. My credit score is considered "Great" and im a careful driver. I just happen to have had bad luck due to my loud exhaust. I own a condo. I got quoted at progressive and for some reason they didnt run a background check and factor my DUI in my insurance so I was like wtf... bought a new policy too.
best way to get low insurance is stick with your parents till your 24
Appreciate 2
shimmy232341.00
      02-18-2019, 11:52 PM   #7
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
Quote:
I just happen to have had bad luck due to my loud exhaust.
Thats your lesson learned from getting a DUI...?
Appreciate 7
MattM3SVT193.00
6ixSpd6011.50
Klambo27.00
Tewie197.50
kyippee1072.00
      02-19-2019, 12:05 AM   #8
areyouamac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Black M3 DCT

Quote:
And ALSO, by the way I had a beer and a half. If I was over 21 it would be no biggie.

Careful Driver + DUI does not go in the same sentence sir... It's not biggie and just shut it won't make people stop giving you sh!t because you're putting my 3-year-old daughter, my wife and my life in danger, as long as everyone else.

I don't think you understand the extent of sh!t you're farting out your mouth. No one cares if it was a beer and a half, or you were going 75 on the highway.

Insurance records don't clear until after 7 years, but DUI's are added to your records, so those don't clear (unless you were a juvenile). Neither doesn't help you at the moment. See these hypotheses we give?

It's cause we can't give you better rates or advice than insurance companies.
Appreciate 4
MattM3SVT193.00
MJBO2607.00
6ixSpd6011.50
ItsGary1457.50
      02-19-2019, 12:22 AM   #9
IYKTYK25
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerikivan View Post
best way to get low insurance is stick with your parents till your 24
As a matter of fact brother they made my mom sign a document that bans her and I from sharing a policy together
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 12:26 AM   #10
IYKTYK25
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Thats your lesson learned from getting a DUI...?
I did no harm and I was driving very carefully, it was a bad luck because I was only drivin 75 which is considered normal here in Cali. I know I was intoxicated but I made sure I was good to go b/c obvi i care about my cars safety first of all, so I wouldnt risk anything for it ya know. im actually a pretty careful person honest, and i know people that drink and drive deserve everything because they can kill but i know i never let myself go too far and then drive after that. Especially if taking shots I dont pull my car out anywhere. I definitely learned a lot, trust me. it has changed me in ways you wouldnt understand.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 12:38 AM   #11
IYKTYK25
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouamac View Post
Careful Driver + DUI does not go in the same sentence sir... It's not biggie and just shut it won't make people stop giving you sh!t because you're putting my 3-year-old daughter, my wife and my life in danger, as long as everyone else.

I don't think you understand the extent of sh!t you're farting out your mouth. No one cares if it was a beer and a half, or you were going 75 on the highway.

Insurance records don't clear until after 7 years, but DUI's are added to your records, so those don't clear (unless you were a juvenile). Neither doesn't help you at the moment. See these hypotheses we give?

It's cause we can't give you better rates or advice than insurance companies.
As a matter of fact you can. I got help on one of my quotes i purchased by asking questions similar to this on this forum. and i didnt add any info other than my age credit score and residency. So dont be so close minded. Maybe you cant do anything but maybe others can. Ive received 3 DMs with some help but now I have more questions. And im not putting anyones life in danger stop being so dramatic. maybe youre just a lightweight. XD you should care because a few beers with dinner is actually very common everywhere. believe it or not. and going 75 is more common than you think. everyone goes 80 at night, literally everyone in Cali. its like you think everyone drives sober. LOL. its like you think people dont go out for a drink or two for dinner and go home. If you think people dont drive 75 at night you must be shitting me. and if you think people dont have a beer or two for dinner, idk what to say. it was exhaust stereotype that got me caught up, so dont accuse me of being those drunkies that load up and ram themselves into a light pole
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread