BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

02-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Chris_E92M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 DCT/COMP

Does anyone have an Eisenmann race exhaust with Test pipes?

If so:
how does it sound?
how is the drone?
which one do you have and is it good?
any rasp?
is it too loud where you cant carry a conversation with your passenger?

any help would be greatly appreciated; i am trying to decide on a setup.
i already have the Eisenmann Race and love it but man do i want it louder!

thank you!!
      02-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #2
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

https://www.m3post.com/forums/search.php

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E92M3 View Post
If so:
how does it sound?
how is the drone?
which one do you have and is it good?
any rasp?
is it too loud where you cant carry a conversation with your passenger?

any help would be greatly appreciated; i am trying to decide on a setup.
i already have the Eisenmann Race and love it but man do i want it louder!

thank you!!
I'm running an Eisenmann Race with test pipes.

Sound? Sounds really, really good, very addicting sound especially downshifts. Changes the tone, more on that below.

Drone? Somehow it shifts the "Drone Zone" lower to between 1500-2000, before with just the Eisenmann Race it droned a lot between 2000-3000 which is where you spent a lot of time on the freeway. I found myself driving on highways and freeways in 6th (DCT here) instead of 7th just to make it bearable. Now it's perfect on the freeway, just a subtle hum and nearly silent most of the times, I can carry on a conversation with my wife no problems.

What do you have? I have the Turner test pipes - great quality pipes, and perfect fitment.

Rasp? It adds a TINY bit of rasp to the sound but I think the S65 is naturally raspy so it gives it a bit of extra character. I only hear the slight rasp during gear shifts, if you have a 6MT you might not hear it.

Final thoughts,
I had the same dilemma, I loved my Eisenmann race but wanted it a bit louder in the top range. The Eisenmann race is loud and boomy in the lower revs but starts getting muffled in the upper end when induction sounds take over. Test pipes absolutely fixed it for me and really makes the car scream top end, It really wakes up the car! Now it's loud in ALL parts of the revs, not just the bottom half.
Appreciate 4
STooK726.00
E92M3GT101.00
94jedi829.00
      02-17-2019, 12:28 AM   #4
Chris_E92M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 DCT/COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and Ms View Post

Sound? Sounds really, really good, very addicting sound especially downshifts. Changes the tone, more on that below.

Drone? Somehow it shifts the "Drone Zone" lower to between 1500-2000, before with just the Eisenmann Race it droned a lot between 2000-3000 which is where you spent a lot of time on the freeway. I found myself driving on highways and freeways in 6th (DCT here) instead of 7th just to make it bearable. Now it's perfect on the freeway, just a subtle hum and nearly silent most of the times, I can carry on a conversation with my wife no problems.

What do you have? I have the Turner test pipes - great quality pipes, and perfect fitment.

Rasp? It adds a TINY bit of rasp to the sound but I think the S65 is naturally raspy so it gives it a bit of extra character. I only hear the slight rasp during gear shifts, if you have a 6MT you might not hear it.

Final thoughts,
I had the same dilemma, I loved my Eisenmann race but wanted it a bit louder in the top range. The Eisenmann race is loud and boomy in the lower revs but starts getting muffled in the upper end when induction sounds take over. Test pipes absolutely fixed it for me and really makes the car scream top end, It really wakes up the car! Now it's loud in ALL parts of the revs, not just the bottom half.
First of all, thank you so much for the effort and time you put into this post!! It really helped me out!!!

Second, im probably going to go to EAS tomorrow in Anaheim, Ca. They should have what i need and just needed to know how the drone and sound would be. You really helped out with my decision! They have Macht Schnell Testpipes i think. What tune are you running? I dont want one because of the price lol. Just want the damn engine light gone because i know that itll pop up forsure after the TP.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
MisterClutch888
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

i just installed my "race", only muffler for now. Took some sound clips, will post up later. A little too quiet for my liking.

And i do have the Turner test pipes sitting in my friend's house (at WA, our border is closed atm), will be installing them hopefully by the end of this year. Looking forward to them.
Slow Build
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #6
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post

Final thoughts,
You said it perfectly. I have E Race on stock xpipe and I love the sound lower end but wish it didn't die out after 4k rpm. I'm glad TP takes care of that problem. I was deciding between getting full catless (but remove E Race, putting on something quieter) or get TP with E Race. I might have to go with the latter.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 08:19 AM   #7
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I went through a good 6 iterations before settling for what I have now, and I wouldn't change a thing

Current setup (keep in mind my car is 6MT): ACM test pipes, stock X-pipe with secondary cat delete but resonators in place, Eisenmann Race.

It's absolutely brilliant. It's loud, but it's sonorous. With windows up, the car is easily DDable. In fact, I drove my parents from SC to FL and no complaints. If you're off the throttle, the car is fine. When you step on it, it's absolutely glorious. Loudness is dependent on load and RPM, so you have some control.

It's also a perfect mix between deep and some just a hint of rasp towards the upper end.

Can't recommend this enough, I get compliments from other E9x M3 owners and car enthusiasts alike.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #8
DJiGGs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E92M3 View Post
First of all, thank you so much for the effort and time you put into this post!! It really helped me out!!!

Second, im probably going to go to EAS tomorrow in Anaheim, Ca. They should have what i need and just needed to know how the drone and sound would be. You really helped out with my decision! They have Macht Schnell Testpipes i think. What tune are you running? I dont want one because of the price lol. Just want the damn engine light gone because i know that itll pop up forsure after the TP.
Talk to Alex at Alpine(can find him on the forums) He does group buys on his tunes and can go for $600 at times. That’s is a steal. Excellent service but also the car just runs so much better after the tune. I have an eisnmann race exhaust with test pipes and like it was mentioned above it sounds amazing and test pipes help with the drone but I ran it over a year without a tune and I wish I had gotten the tune earlier.
Appreciate 1
MP0W3RD125.00
      07-28-2020, 10:32 PM   #9
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Need a video from the folks with E Race & test pipes! This will be my setup after I chloroform my wife to silence "the questions"!
      07-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #10
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by w/// View Post
i went through a good 6 iterations before settling for what i have now, and i wouldn't change a thing

current setup (keep in mind my car is 6mt): Acm test pipes, stock x-pipe with secondary cat delete but resonators in place, eisenmann race.

It's absolutely brilliant. It's loud, but it's sonorous. With windows up, the car is easily ddable. In fact, i drove my parents from sc to fl and no complaints. If you're off the throttle, the car is fine. When you step on it, it's absolutely glorious. Loudness is dependent on load and rpm, so you have some control.

It's also a perfect mix between deep and some just a hint of rasp towards the upper end.

Can't recommend this enough, i get compliments from other e9x m3 owners and car enthusiasts alike.
video clips!

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #11
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
video clips!
Used to have one on my old phone, but this is what I used before I went with the Eisenmann Race. My setup doesn't sound as raspy as this one though, but it gives you a good idea. I think it's very important to have at least a set of resonators on there, to give it some bass up to 6k rpm, then an awesome howl to redline.

Yea, it's loud haha, but it sounds so exotic to me. Far quieter when you're not at WOT:

07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0