BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

11-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #67
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I'm sure you will my friend ! And I wish you the best of luck
Let me know..
Thanks!

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #68
Webb70
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3, X6M, 2 Ducati 1098's

That Agency Power exhaust looks exactly like my Megan Race System.....
Match the exhaust with Turner Test Pipes and you will love it.

Ps. m3_omg on instagram
      11-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #69
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

You help me detail my cars I'll install the brake kit and flush your brake fluid w/SRF. I have an unopened bottle of SRF on the shelf with your name on it. You and your hubby get a Vegas "vacation" and I get help w/a task I don't particularly enjoy. I have a Rupes 15 so you won't be slumming it on power tools!

If you have the right tools, flushing the brake fluid is easy. Motive brake bleeder is the key.

I have two S65 rod bearing jobs to get through for friends in December so I'll use a lot of my yearly detailing time up doing that.

My rescue shelties don't bite too much...just a calf nip from one is all you'll have to worry about, until they find out you're a vet in training! Then it's on! Wear kevlar. lol

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #70
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb70 View Post
That Agency Power exhaust looks exactly like my Megan Race System.....
Match the exhaust with Turner Test Pipes and you will love it.

Ps. m3_omg on instagram
Hey Darren!
Followed.
Btw are test pipes the same thing as a 'cat delete'? From what I can tell test pipes are just a straight pipe?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #71
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
You help me detail my cars I'll install the brake kit and flush your brake fluid w/SRF. I have an unopened bottle of SRF on the shelf with your name on it. You and your hubby get a Vegas "vacation" and I get help w/a task I don't particularly enjoy. I have a Rupes 15 so you won't be slumming it on power tools!

If you have the right tools, flushing the brake fluid is easy. Motive brake bleeder is the key.

I have two S65 rod bearing jobs to get through for friends in December so I'll use a lot of my yearly detailing time up doing that.

My rescue shelties don't bite too much...just a calf nip from one is all you'll have to worry about, until they find out you're a vet in training! Then it's on! Wear kevlar. lol
Haha that is quite the generous offer!!
You do rod bearing jobs yourself? Impressive! Funny how one can enjoy such hard work such as changing rod bearings but not like the easy work of detailing
PS your shelties won't stand a chance against my baby talking! Thank you for rescuing by the way
Appreciate 1
admranger2984.50
      11-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #72
oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marza View Post
Hey Darren!
Followed.
Btw are test pipes the same thing as a 'cat delete'? From what I can tell test pipes are just a straight pipe?

The test pipes are put in place of the removed primary cats. With test pipes installed, the car still retains its secondary cats.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #73
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hey Darren!
Followed.
Correct.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 11:38 PM   #74
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Diffuser Test Fitting

I purchased a blemished diffuser from Agency Power for about $150, dirt cheap! Blemished means it didn't pass their quality control checks and they sell it pretty much like damaged goods. I figured a blemished model would be fine since its going to be underneath the car anyways, and I was right, its not that big of a deal when its actually mounted on the car. Holding it up though you can see a couple 'waves' or inconsistency in the pattern of the carbon fiber but I'm okay with it - had it been a trunk spoiler I would not have gotten a blemished model.

Here's a test fit:

It fit pretty well besides one small protrusion that I'm going to file down on the right side. What sort of tape is everyone using for their diffusers? I don't think you bolt it in do you? I'm going to install it later this month.

My first comment when we went to go test drive cars was that it was missing a diffuser, so much so that I quite literally thought the owner had removed it for some reason. I think it looks soooo empty without it. I may eventually want to upgrade to a non blemished model or something more aggressive, but until I get more mods this will hold me over

Also, after test fitting it I forgot to remove it
I backed up from the garage and started driving away when I heard a clank outside the car. I thought I ran something over! I walked around and there it was laying on the ground
There were little scratches on it so I took it back inside and polished it, luckily almost everything came out (first time polishing something while holding it, it was pretty hard with a regular polisher - I need to get a Rupes iBrid or something..)
I'm going to coat the exhaust cutouts with Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliper to make sure the clearcoat doesn't fade from exhaust heat.

I also got a sweet decal from Rachel Mills!
I installed the small 'Lady Driven' part on the front and put the larger 'LD' logo on my trunk opposite side of the M3 badge. If you're a girl you should hit her up and she'll send you one too

I'll post a pic on the back later, it looks pretty cool and I don't mind having a decal of something I want to support on my car
Appreciate 2
redpriest2145.50
DrFerry6728.50
      12-08-2016, 01:22 AM   #75
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

I've done that before with my challenge lip. I forgot I didn't have it all the way attached and the damn thing flew off on the freeway :|

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #76
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

3M double sided automotive tape is likely your best bet. I wish I knew the part number for you, but I don't...

Get your brakes installed yet?

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #77
Webb70
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3mr View Post
The test pipes are put in place of the removed primary cats. With test pipes installed, the car still retains its secondary cats.
Correct...
      12-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #78
Webb70
Captain
Canada
Rep

"Lady Driven" Looks good .

Wouldn't mind getting one for the GF's E550
      12-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #79
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb70 View Post
"Lady Driven" Looks good .

Wouldn't mind getting one for the GF's E550
You should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
3M double sided automotive tape is likely your best bet. I wish I knew the part number for you, but I don't...

Get your brakes installed yet?
I'll check it out on amazon! Thanks for the recommendation.

And not yet! Over Christmas break I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
I've done that before with my challenge lip. I forgot I didn't have it all the way attached and the damn thing flew off on the freeway :|
Haha!! That is way worse than what I did...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #80
RickP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/DCT

Seems like you need to have the exhaust moved out a little with the diffuser? Looks nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #81
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

WP Pro Brakes

Another update on the brakes!

WP Pro hit me up asking if I'd be interested in receiving a free set of saw blade rotors in addition to the regular rotors I ordered from Vivid - in return for installed pics and a comparison review
Free rotors? Sign me up!

I've been told the purpose of the saw blade design is for rapid venting of heat - and I suppose lots of weight savings similar to Audi RS wave style rotors. Pads and calipers will be compatible with both rotor setups, so swapping them out should be pretty simple. Both rotors are 388mm (15.28") and are fully floating w/ 2 piece design, which are just barely going to fit in my wheels. I have NO idea how I'm going to clean the barrels of my wheels with these rotors installed..

The color I went with is more subtle than most out there, but have a nice look when looked at closely. They had several colors in stock but I decided to wait a few weeks to get fresh ones made in a color I liked. The color is similar to a military olive green with some gray mixed in.

I put Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliper one of the calipers and rotors. I'm going to make a video of my applying it on the other side, as the first time around could have gone better. Not that I imagine anyone here is applying Ceramic Pro themselves, but DO NOT apply CP with a suede applicator - idk if its just me messing up or what but CP grips up so quickly and will pull lint from any applicator. I am going to use foam next time around. CP is so stressful, I always though professional only coatings were a gimmick made to keep the best stuff out of regular people's hands to get more people going to pro installers, but they're right. A pro should definitely be applying this stuff
Oh well! I'm not applying it to paint so streaking is much more manageable. But for the record it is 10x harder than Opti Gloss or Cquartz.

Here's the back showing my Lady Driven decal on the back. I also put WP Pro decal on there for good measure, and to give thanks for a free set of rotors
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      12-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #82
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
Seems like you need to have the exhaust moved out a little with the diffuser? Looks nice!
I do! I'm going to do that when my family and I install my brakes when the car is up on a lift. The left side is actually sticking out perfectly, I need to adjust the right side to stick out a little more / make it a little lower. I'm not sure if I should have it totally flush with the diffuser or sticking out a little bit.
Appreciate 1
RickP164.50
      12-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #83
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

I might have missed it, but what are your pad options with WP Pro?
      12-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #84
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
I might have missed it, but what are your pad options with WP Pro?
WP Pro make their own pads, and there's three options that I think are modeled after Pagid's different colored pads (Sport, Track and Race at $220, $260 and $360). They're a lot longer than regular pads
I only have one set of Sport pads. If I actually do anything more serious than autocross, I will get a set of Track pads (I don't think I can utilize Race pads and those go up wayyyy more in price compared to the other two..)

Last edited by Manda Mew; 12-11-2016 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      12-12-2016, 12:16 AM   #85
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Hey Darren!
Followed.
Just to clarify. There are TWO pairs of cats on the X-pipe.
The first ones are 400cpi cats with pre and post O2 sensor. These are the restrictive ones and get cut out with a "test pipe."
The second set of cats are down stream before a pair of resonators. These are 200cpi cats and don't really cause any power loss. They should keep the exhaust smell manageable once they get warmed up.

A "cat delete" generally means just the primary cats like the test pipes do, but be aware there's another pair down stream you probably want to keep on or it smells pretty bad.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 01:45 AM   #86
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Just to clarify. There are TWO pairs of cats on the X-pipe.
The first ones are 400cpi cats with pre and post O2 sensor. These are the restrictive ones and get cut out with a "test pipe."
The second set of cats are down stream before a pair of resonators. These are 200cpi cats and don't really cause any power loss. They should keep the exhaust smell manageable once they get warmed up.

A "cat delete" generally means just the primary cats like the test pipes do, but be aware there's another pair down stream you probably want to keep on or it smells pretty bad.
Thanks aus! I had ZERO idea we had 2 pairs of cats.
Just to clarify, which of these pipes would replace the 400cpi cats?

I'm assuming the one with the holes in it for the pre and post sensors you mentioned?
Link here: https://www.agency-power.com/shop/ca...es-e92-bmw-m3/

I'm trying to see if I can only buy one half of that package and only replace the 400cpi cats but keep the 200cpi ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 04:37 AM   #87
Webb70
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks aus! I had ZERO idea we had 2 pairs of cats.
Just to clarify, which of these pipes would replace the 400cpi cats?

I'm assuming the one with the holes in it for the pre and post sensors you mentioned?
Link here: https://www.agency-power.com/shop/ca...es-e92-bmw-m3/

I'm trying to see if I can only buy one half of that package and only replace the 400cpi cats but keep the 200cpi ones.
The outer two are the ones you want in that pic (test pipes).
      12-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #88
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Someone in the Cali section just sold a stock X-pipe with test pipes on- asking price was $650.

Test pipes would essentially give you 1/2 of that package above. The only issue is when it's time to smog, you may need to change out the pipes. That's why its nice to have 2 separate X-pipes- stock and one with test pipes or catless. You'll also need a tune to maximize you're gains and get rid of the check engine light.

One poster here said they passed Cali smog with test pipes and a tune that keeps O2 sensor readiness, but no one else has posted such success, or failure. It also wasn't clear if he did an OBD port test or a sniffer test.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0